Fixed Blade Knives

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Pariah3j
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Fixed Blade Knives

Post by Pariah3j »

Gotta second the love for ESEE knives - I have an ESSE 3 Mil that I use as an EDC, its a 3.5 inch fixed blade, just a smaller version of the ESEE 5 really. It comes with a hard case and clip, I just clip it to my belt or one of my knife pockets on the front of my pants.

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
C-dub
Posts in topic: 8

Post by C-dub »

Now I have a new problem. In less than a month I've acquired three new knives.

The first one was that little Obake Skoshi. I fixed it up with some paracord and carry it around my neck under my shirt. I haven't tried it on my belt or IWB as it is intended yet, but that may be coming. Especially in light of today's arrival. More on that in a bit.

Next came the knife I decided on that was also the reason I started this thread. I started off in one direction and ended up with a CRKT Sakimori designed by James Williams.

Today's arrival was the Obake.

Here's the real problem. Now I'm kinda wanting the Shinbu and HIsshou.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I probably missed my window on the Hisshou & Shinbu. I hadn't looked in a while and didn't realize how old this thread was.

I ordered this little knife this morning.

The Hisshou & Shinbu seem are discontinued and don't seem to be available anywhere anymore. Oh well. :grumble

I've tried carrying that Sakimori a few times, but the sheath is odd and the blade is about 5.75". The sheath is rigid and I can change it around to be low or high on my belt, left or right handed, but no cant. Straight up is it.

I bought some Duluth Fire Hose cargo work pants a little while back to start replacing some of my denim jeans as they wear out. Because of the sturdiness and pocket and loop situation on these pants I've discovered a new method of carrying the Sakimori that seems to work. I've carried it out and about a few times lately without a word said by anyone. I also still have the Obake & Obake Skoshi that I carry like AndyC does. Great little knife! I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to do with this little Akari. I might even give it to my daughter. IDK
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

TexasVet

Post by TexasVet »

That is a problem. If you want to see the others from CRKT that are James Williams, let me know and we can meet up when this calms down. The one I don’t have is the Sakimori. The others are NICE.
The worse problem is that JW now makes his own knives and they are even nicer than the CRKT ones and appropriately more expensive. I found out after seeing some pictures from shot or blade show with one of his knives that I could not find on the CRKT site and found his own line.

[BBC quote=C-dub post_id=1220685 time=1536886885 user_id=5717]
Now I have a new problem. In less than a month I've acquired three new knives.

The first one was that little Obake Skoshi. I fixed it up with some paracord and carry it around my neck under my shirt. I haven't tried it on my belt or IWB as it is intended yet, but that may be coming. Especially in light of today's arrival. More on that in a bit.

Next came the knife I decided on that was also the reason I started this thread. I started off in one direction and ended up with a CRKT Sakimori designed by James Williams.

Today's arrival was the Obake.

Here's the real problem. Now I'm kinda wanting the Shinbu and HIsshou.
[/quote]

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

TexasVet wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:10 pm That is a problem. If you want to see the others from CRKT that are James Williams, let me know and we can meet up when this calms down. The one I don’t have is the Sakimori. The others are NICE.
The worse problem is that JW now makes his own knives and they are even nicer than the CRKT ones and appropriately more expensive. I found out after seeing some pictures from shot or blade show with one of his knives that I could not find on the CRKT site and found his own line.
Oh no. :shock:

That could be a problem. :mrgreen:

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I have both the large and small Obake fixed blades, but they are more like curiosities for me. My two serious fixed blades are a Benchmade 183 Contego, and a Gerber LMF II. The Contego is like a good outdoorsman knife. The LMF II is a survival knife.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Lena

Post by Lena »

knife.jpg
Carbon steel one I drew up and a friend made it also sheath, easy to sharpen and holds a great edge, exactly what I wanted/
Stay Safe

Return to “Off-Topic”