Today in Trump's 1st term as President

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 191

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I don't get why you post here. You only make posts designed to antagonize people on the forum.

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 173

Post by Bitter Clinger »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:08 am I don't get why you post here. You only make posts designed to antagonize people on the forum.
Look on the bright side; since the flurry of baseless accusations against Trump's SCOTUS nominee, Dale and philbo have stopped trolling this site with their equally devoid of substance rants about "Russian collusion". :mrgreen:
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 191

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

That is one way to look at it.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 146

Post by Jusme »

Bitter Clinger wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:19 am
03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:08 am I don't get why you post here. You only make posts designed to antagonize people on the forum.
Look on the bright side; since the flurry of baseless accusations against Trump's SCOTUS nominee, Dale and philbo have stopped trolling this site with their equally devoid of substance rants about "Russian collusion". :mrgreen:

But I thought, Kavanaugh threw ice from his White Russian, in 1984. In New York, in the same city where Trump was located. Isn't that proof of collusion? Probably hit someone who may have been at a party, somewhere, with a whole bunch of people who don't remember ever, being there, or knowing Kavanaugh, or Trump, where there was only one front door, but I think the FBI, needs to look into it. :biggrinjester:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 27

Post by RoyGBiv »

Jusme wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:37 pm Just found this tid-bit. Could turn out to be interesting. I hope they get Muelller shut down, and all his cases thrown out.

https://townhall.com/columnists/marinam ... s-n2524627
Not holding my breath, but, very interesting. Thanks for pointing it out.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

dale blanker
Banned
Posts in topic: 156

Post by dale blanker »

Bitter Clinger wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:19 am
Russian collusion? No, Russian confusion. This idea hasn't been promoted in this forum. Check your references. :rules:
Correction and apology accepted.
"Fellowship, Leadership, Scholarship, Service." Anyone?

dale blanker
Banned
Posts in topic: 156

Post by dale blanker »

I am amazed that others do not see the problem with Kavanaugh.

Besides the fact that hundreds of law professors including 8 in Kavanaugh's alma mater Yale have removed support for Kavanaugh's confirmation, and that The American Bar Association has expressed concerns and requested further background investigation, there is now also former Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens, a lifelong Republican, on Thursday saying he does not believe that Kavanaugh should be confirmed to the high court because of temperament. Stevens told a small crowd in Boca Raton, Fla., he once believed Kavanaugh to be qualified, but his performance in Senate Judiciary hearings changed his mind.
"Fellowship, Leadership, Scholarship, Service." Anyone?

mojo84
Posts in topic: 253

Post by mojo84 »

dale blanker wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:58 pm I am amazed that others do not see the problem with Kavanaugh.

Besides the fact that hundreds of law professors including 8 in Kavanaugh's alma mater Yale have removed support for Kavanaugh's confirmation, and that The American Bar Association has expressed concerns and requested further background investigation, there is now also former Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens, a lifelong Republican, on Thursday saying he does not believe that Kavanaugh should be confirmed to the high court because of temperament. Stevens told a small crowd in Boca Raton, Fla., he once believed Kavanaugh to be qualified, but his performance in Senate Judiciary hearings changed his mind.
:roll:

I can't believe the progressive dems can't see the problem with how they attacked Kavanaugh with uncorroborated and unsubstantiated accusations and then expected him to prove a negative without getting upset. People need to remember it was the dems and RINO's that made this political.

Also, the letter from the ABA president didn't represent the position of the ABA. The letter was the opinion of the president and was not authorized by the committee that oversees their judicial appointment positions.

Finding 650 liberal law professors to jump on the anti-Trump bandwagon is no big thing considering how progressive most professors and especially law professors are.

How about producing some factual evidence that corroborates the accusers' claims rather than offering up a bunch of subjective opinions?
Last edited by mojo84 on Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

oljames3
Posts in topic: 20

Post by oljames3 »

mojo84 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:59 pm
dale blanker wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:58 pm I am amazed that others do not see the problem with Kavanaugh.

:roll:
:roll: :roll:
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 213

Post by bblhd672 »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Paul_Stevens
Stevens was considered to have been on the liberal side of the Court at the time of his retirement.

Stevens is also known for his dissents in Texas v. Johnson, Bush v. Gore, D.C. v. Heller, and Citizens United v. FEC.
Texas v Johnson - Stevens believes desecration of US Flag is okay
Bush v Gore - Stevens thought Gore should be president.
D.C. v Heller - Stevens thought Dale Blanker, Philbo and the rest of us should NOT have Second Amendment rights
Citizens United v FEC - Stevens voted to allow the FEC to prevent airing of a negative film made about Hillary Clinton

So a former RINO, now known openly as a liberal, thinks a true conservative doesn't have the temperment? LOL.
Stevens never had to face the kind of vitriol and hatred thrown at Kavanaugh.
Who cares what Stevens thinks? He's just another tired old liberal trying to remain relevant.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Since some put so much weight on subjective opinions, how about considering the opinions of this high profile liberal democrat.

Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

It's a shame he feels like he had to explain himself. Any self respecting person would have felt the same as he did Thursday.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/i-am-an-ind ... 1538695822
I Am an Independent, Impartial Judge
Yes, I was emotional last Thursday. I hope everyone can understand I was there as a son, husband and dad.

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 106

Post by Pawpaw »

mojo84 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:03 pm It's a shame he feels like he had to explain himself. Any self respecting person would have felt the same as he did Thursday.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/i-am-an-ind ... 1538695822
I Am an Independent, Impartial Judge
Yes, I was emotional last Thursday. I hope everyone can understand I was there as a son, husband and dad.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

strogg
Posts in topic: 16

Post by strogg »

I have a feeling I'm one of the few people who isn't politically charged by the whole Kavanaugh thing. As I watched this unfold for the past few weeks, I'm most amused by the political chess that's being played. Team Red just sat back and played every hand they were dealt calmly and professionally. Team Blue pulled out an ex machina card late into the game (clearly as a delay tactic) in order to keep Kavanaugh out. Their reasoning from what I can tell is to either force cancellation of his nomination or to delay it enough so that in the event a blue wave comes in November, they can just vote against him and have a more "compassionate" nominee take his place. Unfortunately for Team Blue, their ex machina card may as well be a 3 of clubs. There are so many problems with it that it's incredibly amusing to watch it backfire at Team Blue in every way possible. If people use their brains to dissect the situation, it will definitely spell the end for Team Blue. A new team with liberal ideologies will form, I'm sure, and they'll hopefully be less scary for everyone's sake.

Failures of ex machina card:

1. The primary punch the card has comes from an event three and a half decades ago. The odds of that memory being remotely accurate are very low. It doesn't matter how vivid the event was. Anyone with a little psychological background would know that episodic memories diminish with accuracy over time regardless of the impact that the event had on the subject. So those memories that Ford has are mostly false memories, as in memories that the brain filled in to make the actual episode make sense. The odds of it being accurate are next to none. Funny thing too. Ford, having a PhD in psychology, knows that.
2. No one corroborated with Ford. No one. Not like it matters. It was 35 years ago. But it sure doesn't bode well for Team Blue.
3. By design, since it was such a long time ago with no witnesses or video tapes or audio recordings or whatever, the card is literally a he-said-she-said game. Also with such a large gap between the supposed event and anyone hearing about it, there's no way anyone would be convicted of that crime no matter what public profile the defendant has. So what's the point?
4. By flipping one's vote or forcing someone to flip one's vote from yay to nay based on that kind of flimsy allegation is literally an assault to due process. Last I checked, people are innocent until proven guilty. Team Blue decided that due process has no basis anymore, and that rules are no longer required. Anyone who knows that and still supports Team Blue really needs to get a reality check.
5. Team Red didn't want an FBI investigation because it would waste too much time. Team Blue called them out for it and essentially went, "Just a week. That's all we need." Baaad move. Really? Just a week? That's a bad trap to fall into. Of course, that's exactly what Team Blue got: a week. Does anyone really think anything of value will appear in just 7 days?
6. The FBI unsurprisingly came back with nothing after their week. So what does Team Blue do? Call shenanigans and claim FBI partisanship. Yes. The same team that said the FBI was nonpartisan with its investigation of Trump's associates. You can't have it both ways, people.
7. Lastly, it looks like an all-out civil war is occurring with this political battle. Seriously. It really does look that way. Well, except only one side is fighting. Team Blue is no longer shouting and complaining. They are literally throwing crazy political punches like a whiny little brat of a kid trying to topple a stable government. It's embarrassing. Team Red is just looking and wondering what's going on. Have you noticed that? Team Red is literally doing nothing but watching Team Blue in a middle of a temper tantrum. No matter what the outcome of the Kavanaugh fight is, Team Blue will come out looking like a complete failure.
8. Bonus pointer: Team Blue is claiming Kavanaugh isn't fit to be a justice because of his temperament. Yup. It makes sense. No one who has endured such public scorn against himself and his entire family with such strong and villainous accusations should get upset. Uh huh... Kavanaugh should just go back to his day job that he's been doing successfully for, what, 20 years? Yeah! Go back to being a circuit judge! Who needs good temperament with that job! Sarcasm aside, I'd honestly be more concerned about him if he kept a level head during his interview about the sexual assault allegations. Emotionally blowing up only shows that he's a normal human like us and not a sociopath or someone with some other horrible mental illness.

Apologies to the folks here with left leaning ideologies, as the only team available for you to be on at the moment is about to crumble.

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 91

Post by TreyHouston »

Well said sir!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Return to “Off-Topic”