UT: Starbucks clerk relives attack after customer shoots assailant

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

UT: Starbucks clerk relives attack after customer shoots assailant

Post by bblhd672 »

https://www.ksl.com/article/46400745/st ... police-say

Another good guy with a gun stops a bad guy beating a Starbucks employee. The Starbuck's employee's co-workers screamed and fled rather than assist.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

ELB

Re: UT: Starbucks clerk relives attack after customer shoots assailant

Post by ELB »

Another one with "the eyes."
USAF 1982-2005

rotor
Posts in topic: 1

Post by rotor »

Starbucks "We are grateful local authorities were there to help and would direct any further questions their way." Local authorities were not there when needed, only after the fact.

I think they need to be grateful to the LTC holder. The battered employee sure is.

ELB

Post by ELB »

More detail here: https://www.deseretnews.com/article/900 ... e-say.html

The police were already looking for this guy before he started beating the woman.
USAF 1982-2005

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Maybe time to rethink this?:
In 2013, Starbucks made a request that customers not bring firearms into its stores or outdoor eating areas, but the company specified that it was a request and not an outright ban.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Topic author
bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Bitter Clinger wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:11 pm Maybe time to rethink this?:
In 2013, Starbucks made a request that customers not bring firearms into its stores or outdoor eating areas, but the company specified that it was a request and not an outright ban.
The lady is fortunate that someone who cares enough about personal safety and the well being of others still cares about drinking that stuff SB calls coffee.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Paladin
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Paladin »

Really good article!
...he continued hitting her. Hamilton’s co-workers, however, remained frozen, unsure what to do, she said. “I started to think why no one was helping me, ‘cause he was only hitting me, and I felt kind of angry for a moment,” she said.

Before Hamilton had much time to ponder the question, however, the man picked up a metal supply basket and hit her on the side of the head. Hamilton crumpled, and the man continued kicking her in the back. The only thought left in her mind: "I don't want to die this way."

As soon as she fell to the ground, however, her co-workers ran out the door and began screaming for help....Soon after, she heard a gunshot.
Maybe Starbucks management needs a training day to figure out what they did wrong here. When the only security in Starbucks is the customers who have been respectfully requested not to bring firearms or any weapons by Starbucks chairman Howard Schultz there is a problem.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Paladin
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Paladin »

“I never would have expected that from him," she said. "He just seemed like a very meek guy. So I was surprised, but also very grateful. I was very grateful that he was there.
The concealed carrier did this exactly right. People like Hamilton who saw him regularly in public were surprised that he was armed and would have never expected the CHL would do what he did. The CHL was meek, didn't raise any attention or suspicion, and took action at the moment when action was needed. Outstanding job! :tiphat: :patriot:
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

I havent drank any of that brown swirl SB calls coffee or set foot in there store since i started buying my coffees from BRCC. There coffee and there No Gun request left a bad taste in my mouth.

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

rotor wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:18 pm Starbucks "We are grateful local authorities were there to help and would direct any further questions their way." Local authorities were not there when needed, only after the fact.

I think they need to be grateful to the LTC holder. The battered employee sure is.
Just waiting for SB CEO to double down on that inane statement with a official Corp response to criticism being levied against their no weapons policy for employees, and "don't like" police for legal carry by non employees .

Can the barista sue SB for failing to allow then to secure them selfs all while failing to provide security for them at the company level? (sorry, yes can sue....I should have said, win such a suit)
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

The co-workers that ran away instead of helping the woman should be fired!! Now SB should understand why customers need to be armed. If the SB employees won't help one of their own, they surely won't help a customer.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Maybe its just the type of person that would work at a SB, but I'm a little surprised that anyone in Utah would just up and run away in a situation like that. I thought they had tougher folks up there than that.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

I'm glad this situation worked out. But from a different perspective, it could have gone a different way. The attacker was not armed except for the basket that he picked up. Would that be enough of a potentially deadly weapon in many other circumstances to justify a deadly force response?

The story said that the CHL was in his 60s. I have always hoped that a disparity in age would help if I had to respond to a much younger physical attacker. But I worry about situations where the drug crazed man in Arlington was in a car lot, beating on cars and LE ended up shooting him. The aftermath of that one dragged on. I don't see any way for a normal person, particularly an older one to deal with those under significant influence of drugs or alcohol without some sort of force multiplier. It is fortunate for the defender that this was in UT and not a blue State.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Jose_in_Dallas

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

I agree with pretty much everything said here and glad a good guy with a gun was able to stop this assault. My question is what was he shot with that he was able to run away from a shot to the chest.
Last edited by Jose_in_Dallas on Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Off-Topic”