Officer Invades Apartment, Shoots Resident

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

BBYC
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Officer Invades Apartment, Shoots Resident

Post by BBYC »

philip964 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:47 pm
BBYC wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:27 pm If the roles were reversed...

:totap:
Would a male police office, regardless of race, have immediately shot a woman he discovered as he entered his apartment?
I hope you're not suggesting female police officers are more likely to unnecessarily escalate along the continuum of force, and use deadly force against innocent people.
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 5

Post by mojo84 »

BBYC wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:05 pm
philip964 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:47 pm
BBYC wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:27 pm If the roles were reversed...

:totap:
Would a male police office, regardless of race, have immediately shot a woman he discovered as he entered his apartment?
I hope you're not suggesting female police officers are more likely to unnecessarily escalate along the continuum of force, and use deadly force against innocent people.
The disparity of force due to size and strength may warrant it.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Paladin »

Looks like the election went badly for Amber:

Newly Elected Dallas DA Wants to Charge Amber Guyger With Murder
Creuzot, a former judge who retired from the bench in 2012, told NBC that anything less than a murder charge for Guyger deviates from Dallas County precedent.

“I don’t know any police reports. I don’t know any forensic reports, but based on what I have seen, manslaughter is an inappropriate charge, based on the circumstances as I understand them,” he said. “Once I get in there and I get everything in front of me and it appears the most appropriate charge is murder, then that’s the charge we will go forward with.

In the meantime, Johnson told Fox 4 that she is determined to take the Guyger case to the grand jury.

“We are still proceeding with that case. And by the way, that case is going to the grand jury very soon,” she said. “I want the opportunity to bring the indictment. It happened under my watch, and I think that’s very significant that I take this case to the grand jury.”
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Killadocg23
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Killadocg23 »

According to reports she has been charged with manslaughter

C-dub
Posts in topic: 19

Post by C-dub »

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/speci ... -619078538
Fired cop Amber Guyger indicted on a murder charge in Botham Jean killing
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 46

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

She needs to be in jail in my humble opinion. Hopefully she gets what she deserves.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Paladin »

From the limited facts that have been made available to the public, I concur with the grand jury's decision. Would love to know the rest of the story.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

03Lightningrocks

Paladin wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:15 pm From the limited facts that have been made available to the public, I concur with the grand jury's decision. Would love to know the rest of the story.
The rest of the story? :lol::

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I was listening to Rick Roberts on the radio while out picking up my daughter. He has a problem with the murder indictment and thinks it should only be manslaughter.

Maybe he should read this forum and thread.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

skeathley
Posts in topic: 1

Post by skeathley »

I think the charge should be manslaughter. She made a terrible mistake, and should go to prison, but if she had been at her apartment, we wouldn't be having this debate. It was a mistake that many people might make, but was not intentional murder. Mistakes in judgement do not qualify. The main reason they charged murder was because he was black, and it is likely she did not know that when she shot.
Texas LTC Instructor / RSO / SSC
Viet Nam Veteran: 25th Infantry, Cu Chi
https://mckinneyfirearmstraining.com

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

skeathley wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:29 pm I think the charge should be manslaughter. She made a terrible mistake, and should go to prison, but if she had been at her apartment, we wouldn't be having this debate. It was a mistake that many people might make, but was not intentional murder. Mistakes in judgement do not qualify. The main reason they charged murder was because he was black, and it is likely she did not know that when she shot.
Her mistake, if it was a legitimate mistake, was not being in her own residence. However, she did intend on using deadly force, which if I understand correctly would warrant a murder charge. The other facts might include exceptions to that and I think that will be the only way she avoids prison if that is possible. A couple of the witness accounts seem to contradict Guyger's account and maybe there is other evidence that also contradicts her account that the public is unaware of yet.

On a side note, I also believe Dallas' outgoing DA has/had a racial and police bias in going after this officer because of some of the things she has said on camera. That still doesn't change the facts of the case and that we also still don't know all of them and might never.

cirus
Posts in topic: 11

Post by cirus »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:36 pm She needs to be in jail in my humble opinion. Hopefully she gets what she deserves.
Which is what?

03Lightningrocks

cirus wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:01 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:36 pm She needs to be in jail in my humble opinion. Hopefully she gets what she deserves.
Which is what?
Life in prison.

cirus
Posts in topic: 11

Post by cirus »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:18 pm
Which is what?
Life in prison
Based on what? Did she intentionally shoot him? Sure she did. Did she go to his apartment with the intent to kill him? I think not. She screwed up plain and simple. If she went there with the intent to kill him why did she make the call? Why not try to cover it up? She was obviously in hysterics when she made the call.

03Lightningrocks

cirus wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:31 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:18 pm
Which is what?
Life in prison
Based on what? Did she intentionally shoot him? Sure she did. Did she go to his apartment with the intent to kill him? I think not. She screwed up plain and simple. If she went there with the intent to kill him why did she make the call? Why not try to cover it up? She was obviously in hysterics she made the call.
She admitted to killing him. In cold blood. If she was an MS 13 member instead of a cop, you would be talking a whole different game. And that is a fact. She deserves the same as any murderer. The excuse for murdering matters not.

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”