California bar shooting leaves 12 dead

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Flightmare
Posts in topic: 3

California bar shooting leaves 12 dead

Post by Flightmare »

https://www.foxnews.com/us/massive-poli ... -nightclub
Without saying a word, a mysterious man in black clutching a semi-automatic pistol opened fire on a California bar packed with college students celebrating "country night" Wednesday — claiming the lives of at least 12 patrons, including a veteran sheriff's sergeant nearing retirement, before officers found the gunman dead.
Keep in mind, 10 round magazine limit and all of the other "gun control" in California didn't stop this guy.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

GeekwithaGun

Re: California bar shooting leaves 12 dead

Post by GeekwithaGun »

Sheriff's news conference just now reports the shooter had extended magazines; 45 cal Glock, legally purchased; served in Marine Corp; I'm sure a lot more to come after the investigation.
Last edited by GeekwithaGun on Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
NRA Life Member

Topic author
Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

GeekwithaGun wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:04 am Sheriff's news conference just now reports the shooter had extended magazines.
But, I thought those were illegal in California. Don't those criminals know what the law is? :rules:

Rafe
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Rafe »

We will see new screams for new gun laws. Again and immediately. We need common-sense gun laws!

Uh huh. Let's take a look at the latest Giffords massively anti-gun organization's rankings of U.S. states by strength of their gun laws: https://lawcenter.giffords.org/scorecard/#rankings. You guessed it. Ranked number 1 overall and the only state in the Union to get a Giffords rating of "A"?

California.

Obviously, more legislation against guns and the 2A is the key to stopping mentally ill or radicalized individuals from committing mass violence.

And I'm pleased to say that Texas is among the 25 states getting a score of "F". (But yes; it raises my blood pressure just visiting the Giffords website.)
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Topic author
Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Rafe wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:38 am And I'm pleased to say that Texas is among the 25 states getting a score of "F". (But yes; it raises my blood pressure just visiting the Giffords website.)
I would run a virus scan on my computer afterwards, just in case. :biggrinjester:

philip964
Posts in topic: 10

Post by philip964 »

Very tragic on many levels. My condolences to the friends and family of these victims.

More gun laws are needed in California as concealed carry laws do not prohibit the licensed carrying of a gun in a bar as long as the customer does not drink alcohol. Obviously that law needs to change.

canvasbck

Post by canvasbck »

The dems are already planning on using this shooting along with their newly acquired majority in the House to push for gun control.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/after- ... n-congress

They aren't letting little things like the location of the shooting already having the laws in place that they will push for stand in their way.
"All bleeding eventually stops.......quit whining!"

canvasbck

Post by canvasbck »

philip964 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:43 am Very tragic on many levels. My condolences to the friends and family of these victims.

More gun laws are needed in California as concealed carry laws do not prohibit the licensed carrying of a gun in a bar as long as the customer does not drink alcohol. Obviously that law needs to change.
Can't believe I'm actually biting on this bait.......

You mean to tell me that the shooter who ignored the CA ban on "high capacity" magazines would not have committed murder if there were a law against him having the gun in the bar?

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... a-bar.html

Former Marine with mental health issues. Cleared in April by mental health professionals to not be committed after an incident at his residence.

His gun had an illegal extended magazine.

Used smoke grenades to confuse people in the bar.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

canvasbck wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:52 am
philip964 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:43 am Very tragic on many levels. My condolences to the friends and family of these victims.

You mean to tell me that the shooter who ignored the CA ban on "high capacity" magazines would not have committed murder if there were a law against him having the gun in the bar?
Gun laws save lives. Look a like assault weapons and 50 caliber BMG rifles are illegal in California, he didn't use those to murder these innocent victims. Plus there is that button law or something.

canvasbck

Post by canvasbck »

philip964 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:56 am

Gun laws save lives. Look a like assault weapons and 50 caliber BMG rifles are illegal in California, he didn't use those to murder these innocent victims. Plus there is that button law or something.
There needs to be a sarcasm emoji

olafpfj

Post by olafpfj »

This is my hometown and I know that bar well. I stand a pretty good chance of knowing people who were there, at least one friend stopped by last night but decided it was too busy and left.

I cant stand my FB feed today as many of my friends are harping on guns because something happened close to them. It is the worst of selfish narcissism. All I hear is "something affected ME!...ME ME ME"

Get over it. Horrible stuff happens for no good reason all the time. What makes a gun being involved so much worse than a car accident, cancer, drowning, heart attack, plane crash, etc... There are tons of ways people meet their end and being murdered isnt all that exceptional despite the news coverage.

Gun control...the anti vax, alternative medicine, anecdotal junk "science" its always been.
"If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law." -Winston Churchill

montgomery

Post by montgomery »

Rafe wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:38 am We will see new screams for new gun laws. Again and immediately. We need common-sense gun laws!

Uh huh. Let's take a look at the latest Giffords massively anti-gun organization's rankings of U.S. states by strength of their gun laws: https://lawcenter.giffords.org/scorecard/#rankings. You guessed it. Ranked number 1 overall and the only state in the Union to get a Giffords rating of "A"?

California.

Obviously, more legislation against guns and the 2A is the key to stopping mentally ill or radicalized individuals from committing mass violence.

And I'm pleased to say that Texas is among the 25 states getting a score of "F". (But yes; it raises my blood pressure just visiting the Giffords website.)
The F is Texas saying F Giffords, and that pleases me endlessly.

Syntyr

Post by Syntyr »

Well obviously if we just had a law making murder illegal surely that would have stopped him!
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WTR »

Why would the Deputy have taken the time to call his wife before entering the bar? Seems like wasted time that may have saved lives.... including his own.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”