California bar shooting leaves 12 dead

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

aaangel
Posts in topic: 1

Re: California bar shooting leaves 12 dead

Post by aaangel »

Maxwell wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:04 pm I can't help but think that if just one more good guy had a gun in the club there may have been fewer deaths last night.
:sad:

My prayers go out to the families, those that were there, and those that were lost.
Case in point just happened recently here in Arlington at a zona caliente bar. Bad guy walks in shoots the manager then bang! Surprised, a patron with a chl puts an end to it!
Show of hands, how many of those leo’s wished they brought their guns that night?
'got to Texas ASAIC.

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

philip964 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:43 am Very tragic on many levels. My condolences to the friends and family of these victims.

More gun laws are needed in California as concealed carry laws do not prohibit the licensed carrying of a gun in a bar as long as the customer does not drink alcohol. Obviously that law needs to change.
Read until end of Sarcasm

The bar needed more no gun signs. That would have prevented the attack. Common sense gun control assumes you can legislate away criminality! Just ban criminality!!!

Actually, we need common sense music laws. These mass shootings occur at country music venues. Ban country music!

End Sarcasm
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

ELB

Post by ELB »

Wouldn’t be surprised if the Sheriffs department has a rule no carrying guns while you’re drinking regardless of amount, and these guys were out for a good time, so nobody was armed.
USAF 1982-2005

Jusme
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jusme »

Rob72 wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:14 am
philip964 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:04 pm
Shooters name and photo in his Marine uniform are everywhere. Let’s be sure to give him all the fame he desired in his death.

I strongly disagree with this.

The only way any "Major Criminal" should be referred to is by some demeaning pejorative. Do not mention his rank, or any (unlikely) awards he may have received. Minimize, marginalize, and dehumanize these offenders, and they cease to be heroes and sources of inspiration.

E.g., "Discharged from the Marines as, "unsuitable and unfit for the service", or, "after an unremarkable and uninspiring time in service." He lived a meaningless, aimless existence for several years. His life was more an absence than a presence, even for those closest to him. This pathetic man, attempting to achieve some measure of glory in a profoundly misdirected Walter Mitty-esque explosion of outwardly directed self-hate, is dead. The world is a better place for his absence."

No mention, EVER, of his name, family, background.
Shooters name and photo in his Marine uniform are everywhere. Let’s be sure to give him all the fame he desired in his death.

The only way any "Major Criminal" should be referred to is by some demeaning pejorative. Do not mention his rank, or any (unlikely) awards he may have received. Minimize, marginalize, and dehumanize these offenders, and they cease to be heroes and sources of inspiration.

E.g., "Discharged from the Marines as, "unsuitable and unfit for the service", or, "after an unremarkable and uninspiring time in service." He lived a meaningless, aimless existence for several years. His life was more an absence than a presence, even for those closest to him. This pathetic man, attempting to achieve some measure of glory in a profoundly misdirected Walter Mitty-esque explosion of outwardly directed self-hate, is dead. The world is a better place for his absence."

I believe philip964, was making a sarcastic comment. One thing that has shown to cause copycat, shootings, have to do with the attention, these people get, after their crime.
Others, who feel disenfranchised, believe the only way to get attention, is to commit these type of crimes.
I agree, plastering, this guy's, photo all over the news, should not happen. The only ones who deserve to be remembered are the victims. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

I think you missed the sarcasm.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

philip964
Posts in topic: 10

Post by philip964 »

Jusme wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:41 am

I believe philip964, was making a sarcastic comment. One thing that has shown to cause copycat, shootings, have to do with the attention, these people get, after their crime.
Others, who feel disenfranchised, believe the only way to get attention, is to commit these type of crimes.
I agree, plastering, this guy's, photo all over the news, should not happen. The only ones who deserve to be remembered are the victims. JMHO
Yes sarcasm. It is very hard to achieve fame by good works. So easy to achieve fame by bad works.

Drudge had this guy’s photo headline within hours of his crime. I don’t know how to stop this; “I want to end my life, how can I do it and become famous and give my life meaning at the same time thing”, but we need to find a way. We have two competing amendments to the constitution at work here.

This victims mother has picked the 2nd.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/201 ... 932896002/

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... a-bar.html

Wrote life goal as “death” in high school yearbook.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/201 ... 947476002/

1000 Oaks residents buy guns at local gun shop.

Abraham
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Abraham »

Are American commies convinced this 'must' be the land of so-called 'free stuff' for all?

If so and they dominate future elections, we'll go the way of all commie countries...in other words slowly or maybe quickly die...

Or perhaps, the only way out is to go the way of Jefferson's dictum regarding the Tree of Liberty to keep free from tyranny...

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

philip964 wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:41 am https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/201 ... 947476002/

At least all southern Californians are not idiots. They
- are irritated that none of the 6 law enforcement present (off duty) were armed
- they are seeking training as well as buying guns
- since they're outside L.A., I guess they can actually get a carry permit in their county?
Mike Rowan, a former corrections officer who teaches gun handling courses at nearby Trigger Burst Training Center, said he fielded calls all Thursday from potential clients motivated to get gun permits following the bar shooting.

Some of his teaching focuses on fending off an active shooter, and Rowan said he expected an uptick in business similar to the one he experienced after the Las Vegas concert massacre last year.

Rowan described a discreet, and distinctly Californian, clientele. They pull up to his range in Priuses and Teslas and never tell their friends they own a gun.

“I get a lot of closet liberals, people who normally would never want anything to do with a firearm, and I train them and they secretly own firearms,” Rowan said.
ROFL. Congrats people; you've gone from liberal to conservative in about 24 hours......
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

JustSomeOldGuy wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:23 pm
philip964 wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:41 am https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/201 ... 947476002/

At least all southern Californians are not idiots. They
- are irritated that none of the 6 law enforcement present (off duty) were armed
- they are seeking training as well as buying guns
- since they're outside L.A., I guess they can actually get a carry permit in their county?
Mike Rowan, a former corrections officer who teaches gun handling courses at nearby Trigger Burst Training Center, said he fielded calls all Thursday from potential clients motivated to get gun permits following the bar shooting.

Some of his teaching focuses on fending off an active shooter, and Rowan said he expected an uptick in business similar to the one he experienced after the Las Vegas concert massacre last year.

Rowan described a discreet, and distinctly Californian, clientele. They pull up to his range in Priuses and Teslas and never tell their friends they own a gun.

“I get a lot of closet liberals, people who normally would never want anything to do with a firearm, and I train them and they secretly own firearms,” Rowan said.
ROFL. Congrats people; you've gone from liberal to conservative in about 24 hours......
I am of the opinion that libtards only get guns because they have to. It angers them because they would prefer everyone is disarmed. We have a couple posters on the Trump thread who I have always believed fit this category.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Rob72,

OK, you missed the sarcasm.

Happens to all.

Your post was 'most excellent' and should be the gold standard when these monsters do their evil.

No glorifying them by telling their story.

They should die in obscurity...

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

On the other hand, 7 years of combat duty splattering people to pieces (he was a Marine machine gunner) can do strange things to you.....
-Ruark

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Ruark,

Yeah, 'strange things' doesn't provide anything near absolving...he should die in the fires of Hades.

Strange things aren't all related to war.

Many of us have 'strange things' (read awful things) that've happened in our lives that were terrible even compared to war things and we didn't turn into savages...

Return to “The Crime Blotter”