Today in Trump's 1st term as President

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1534

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

Post by philip964 »

Cohen was charged by the local New York Federal prosecutor not The Special Prosecutor, except for one charge lying to Congress. He apparently told Congress that a real estate deal in Moscow ended in early 2016, when it actually ended in June of 2016. The real estate deal never materialized.

He committed a number of tax evasion crimes, but all anyone cares about is pleading guilty to campaign violations. From CNBC:

“Cohen's other crimes included campaign finance violations relating to his facilitation of two hush-money payments to Daniels and Playboy model Karen McDougal shortly before the 2016 presidential election. Both women say they had sex with Trump a decade earlier.
Prosecutors said the payments were made "in coordination with and at the direction of" Trump, and that the money was paid to "influence the election."”

It’s my understanding that campaign funds were not used in these hush payments. If campaign funds were used to me it changes everything.

But since the payments influenced the election they should have been disclosed per the New York prosecutor. Cohen agreed by pleading guilty to this, or to get a lower sentence for tax evasion.

Michael Berry the radio host suggested that if a potential candidate, painted his or her home that should be disclosed since having a nice looking house would “influence the election”.

Trump was recorded before the election saying that he could grab woman as he wished. To me I think every Trump voter knew what they were voting for and against.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 191

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Suri wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:34 pm
philip964 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:44 pm Trump was recorded before the election saying that he could grab woman as he wished. To me I think every Trump voter knew what they were voting for and against.
Good point. All that mattered to voters was avoiding HRC and conservative SCOTUS appointees. The hush money as a campaign factor seems like a stretch.
I voted for Trump because I am sick and tired of Washington insiders with law degrees accomplishing nothing. The hope that he would turn that cesspool in Washington upside down was gravy.

bbhack
Posts in topic: 52

Post by bbhack »

bbhack wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:31 am General Flynn will not spend one second behind bars. I mention this because his name keeps coming up as someone who has been caught in the Russia trap. I do not know why he plead guilty. Could be for money reasons. Could be for other reasons.

General Flynn will not spend one second behind bars. There is a judge who is in deep trouble. Another judge is very angry. The first is Contreras, the second is Sullivan.

If you disagree, I'll wager $100. This is not against forum rules, although I'm sure it will be soon. :lol:
Case will be thrown out, and others will go down. Maybe even Mueller.

https://quodverum.com/2018/12/346/gener ... y-one.html

No more bets.
The Mueller plea deal with General Flynn, filed on 1 December, 2017, is explicit : it says that on 24 January 2017, Flynn lied to the FBI (Strzok) by saying that he had not talked with Ambassador Kislyak about possible sanctions relief, when in fact he had.

However, there is a complication. Prior to 1 December, 2017, Strzok and the other FBI agent had said the opposite - that Flynn had told them the truth. Even James Comey has admitted the same, to Congress. In other words, the General was open with the FBI that he had been communicating with Kislyak about possible sanctions relief, a normal and legal act by an NSA for an incoming administration.

So how does General Flynn telling the truth on 24 January, 2017 become him lying to the FBI on 1 December, 2017? Simple : the ‘facts’ underlying the communications were changed.

Someone, almost certainly Andrew McCabe and Peter Strzok, re-wrote the original late January 2017 FD 302, to falsely portray General Flynn as saying that he had not spoken with ambassador Kislyak. When was the 302 altered? Footnote 23 (my bold) of last night’s memorandum provides the answer:
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/12/ ... ip-1059825

Nancy Pelosi seals deal with left wing rebels and will become new speaker of the house.

Can we expect national reciprocal concealed carry now with a new team in charge?

Killadocg23
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Killadocg23 »

philip964 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:43 pm https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... tions.html

Cohen sentenced to three years.

Imagine if Bill Clinton’s or Obama’s personal lawyer was arrested and charged. Let that sink in.

I will miss the two. It gave perspective to your thoughts.
Agreed. Was good to see people with different opinions display their actions whether we agreed with them or not. Side note , do you guys really think Mexico is going to pay for the wall as Trump says? Just curious to hear your thoughts.

oljames3
Posts in topic: 20

Post by oljames3 »

philip964 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:43 pm ... Side note , do you guys really think Mexico is going to pay for the wall as Trump says? Just curious to hear your thoughts.
I never expected that Mexico would send Trump a government check marked "Payment for the Wall." I do think that less money will be flowing to Mexico and that more will be spent in the USA.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://news.yahoo.com/donald-trump-may ... 57738.html

Donald Trump May cheat and pay women to be quiet, but it won’t get him impeached. USA Today editorial.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

oljames3 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:52 pm
philip964 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:43 pm ... Side note , do you guys really think Mexico is going to pay for the wall as Trump says? Just curious to hear your thoughts.
I never expected that Mexico would send Trump a government check marked "Payment for the Wall." I do think that less money will be flowing to Mexico and that more will be spent in the USA.
Not me.

I think Trump planned to get congress to pass a tax on wire transfers to Mexico to pay for the wall. But Republican controlled House and Senate could not get anything done in two years except raising my taxes.

Besides he didn’t say read my lips or I didn’t have sex with that woman.

03Lightningrocks

I never took what Trump said to mean Mexico was going to be writing a check. That would have been pretty darned naive to believe, although we do have a generation of very simple humans among us now. I believe Mexico would be paying for the wall in less American dollars from drugs, illegals who send money back to circulate their economy and possibly a raised tariff or two.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 213

Post by bblhd672 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:20 pm I never took what Trump said to mean Mexico was going to be writing a check. That would have been pretty darned naive to believe, although we do have a generation of very simple humans among us now. I believe Mexico would be paying for the wall in less American dollars from drugs, illegals who send money back to circulate their economy and possibly a raised tariff or two.
The only way I see Mexico paying to build a wall is if huuuge amounts of illegal aliens started migrating back to their home countries.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Grumpy1993
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Grumpy1993 »

bblhd672 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:54 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:20 pm I never took what Trump said to mean Mexico was going to be writing a check. That would have been pretty darned naive to believe, although we do have a generation of very simple humans among us now. I believe Mexico would be paying for the wall in less American dollars from drugs, illegals who send money back to circulate their economy and possibly a raised tariff or two.
The only way I see Mexico paying to build a wall is if huuuge amounts of illegal aliens started migrating back to their home countries.
If aliens enter illegally across the Mexican border, send them back to Mexico no matter where they come from originally, and maybe Mexico will build a wall on their other border. :evil2:

Although, if the feds stopped paying subsidies for illegals, and stop reimbursement to state and local government for any services they provide to anyone other than citizens and resident aliens, that would help a lot. I can't go to Canada and get FREE! healthcare, even if I'm a legal tourist. No free school in Canada for legal tourists either. There's no good reason for American taxpayers to be more generous to criminal foreigners than Canada is to Americans who enter their country legally.

Tougher laws with significant financial penalties for employing illegals would also help but big corporations pay billions to politicians to stop that from happening.
Bonnen Lied
Gun Rights Died

Ike Aramba
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Ike Aramba »

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/trump ... 2018-12-13

I think Trump should have a Reality TV show to choose his next chief of staff.
"Eastern European intellectuals, reading 1984 in clandestine editions, were amazed to find that its author had never visited the Soviet Union. How, then, had he captured its mental and moral atmosphere? By reading its propaganda, and by paying attention..."

03Lightningrocks

:iagree: :smilelol5:

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46587185

Trump will review Green Beret being charge with murder of Taliban bomb maker.

Also posted under this subject, but wanted to make sure history understands the difference between Trump and Obama.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 12

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I don’t think Trump is going to get the votes in 2020 he thought he’d get:
7BCA44E6-25B1-4705-8137-E7DB0E4FE9FE.png
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Off-Topic”