Does WalMart have a new policy?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Gaidheal
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Does WalMart have a new policy?

Post by Gaidheal »

Seems like ignorance of what the actual law is, combined with confusing the group issue (which relates to alcohol sales).

You can posess pistol ammunition (and indeed the pistol), in your own right, if you are over 18 although per GCA 1968 you cannot actually purchase it yourself. However, I am almost certain there is nothing there about it being illegal for someone over 21 to purchase and then as a private citizen transfer it, in fact that is clearly the only way someone between 18 and 21 could legally have their pistol and acquire ammunition for it. I agree with others who have suggested Wal-Mart Corporate needs to get an email about it.

Gaidheal
Banned

Post by Gaidheal »

sbrawley wrote:They did get an email roughly 2-3 days ago, but to date haven't heard anything from them.
In fairness to them, they may well be investigating, even instructing before getting back to you with what they found / did in response to your concern.

schufflerbot
Posts in topic: 1

Post by schufflerbot »

The register is programmed to alert the cashier if an age restriction policy is in place for the particular product being purchased. I've never been asked for ID at my wal mart ammo counter, but they know me well at that store. Sounds to me like you may have had a rookie cashier helping you and the manager, fearing the possibility of 'secret shoppers,' had to enforce a wal mart policy. The little 'age verification' message (is customer 18 years old?) pops up on some pretty strange stuff, so it doesn't surprise me that ammo would trigger it as well.

Frankie

Post by Frankie »

Seems like one useful case of Walmart’s policy to collect DOB for ammo purchase.
Authorities obtained Cruz's birth date after Cruz was seen on surveillance video purchasing Winchester 7.62X39mm bullets from a Walmart in the 6700 block of West Loop 1604. An affidavit states the clerk took down Cruz's birth date for the ammunition purchase.
https://www.ksat.com/news/felon-whose-a ... dy-records

PriestTheRunner

Post by PriestTheRunner »

Frankie wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:17 am Seems like one useful case of Walmart’s policy to collect DOB for ammo purchase.
Authorities obtained Cruz's birth date after Cruz was seen on surveillance video purchasing Winchester 7.62X39mm bullets from a Walmart in the 6700 block of West Loop 1604. An affidavit states the clerk took down Cruz's birth date for the ammunition purchase.
https://www.ksat.com/news/felon-whose-a ... dy-records
Obviously it wasn't too useful since they didn't stop him or anything....

Considering that the administration knew him and they had footage of him, I'ding him off the footage shouldn't have been an issue?...

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

N. Cruz had documented lifelong problems with violent behavior, severe mental issues and disabilities. N. Cruz didn't need firearms at any age.

But honestly I am completely against the policy of restricting handgun and handgun ammo sales to those 21 and over.

If 17-to-20 year olds can not be trusted with firearms, are we going to raise the age which they join the military or be drafted? No we aren't because 17-to-20 year olds make excellent soldiers.

Audie Murphy was the most decorated American soldier of WW2 and was awarded the Medal of Honor for valor that he demonstrated at the age of 19 for single-handedly holding off an entire company of German soldiers for an hour at the Colmar Pocket in France in January 1945, then leading a successful counterattack while wounded and out of ammunition.

10 U.S. Code § 246 states:
The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard
The Second Amendment of the United States Constitution reads: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

I started shooting handguns, including the .45ACP 1911, well before I was 21, with zero adult supervision.

The fundamental rights of 17-to-20 year olds should not be infringed.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

ninjabread

Post by ninjabread »

schufflerbot wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:42 am The register is programmed to alert the cashier if an age restriction policy is in place for the particular product being purchased. I've never been asked for ID at my wal mart ammo counter, but they know me well at that store. Sounds to me like you may have had a rookie cashier helping you and the manager, fearing the possibility of 'secret shoppers,' had to enforce a wal mart policy. The little 'age verification' message (is customer 18 years old?) pops up on some pretty strange stuff, so it doesn't surprise me that ammo would trigger it as well.
I was flagged for age verification last weekend when I bought a bottle of NyQuil™
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Keith B
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Keith B »

ninjabread wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:03 pm
schufflerbot wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:42 am The register is programmed to alert the cashier if an age restriction policy is in place for the particular product being purchased. I've never been asked for ID at my wal mart ammo counter, but they know me well at that store. Sounds to me like you may have had a rookie cashier helping you and the manager, fearing the possibility of 'secret shoppers,' had to enforce a wal mart policy. The little 'age verification' message (is customer 18 years old?) pops up on some pretty strange stuff, so it doesn't surprise me that ammo would trigger it as well.
I was flagged for age verification last weekend when I bought a bottle of NyQuil™
NyQuil, Spray Paint, Ammo, and other items that require you to be over a certain age will pop up. Anything aerosol, even cooking spray, usually is flagged.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

ninjabread

Post by ninjabread »

Maybe they should age-restrict purchasing the really dangerous stuff like junk food and television. :evil2:
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

The original post was about the entire group being carded because of the age restriction on ammo. Would that also apply to a six pack of beer? Would parents not be able to buy that six pack because there are young kids in the group? It's a ridiculous policy no matter what product it's applied to.
Charlie

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

My wife went to buy wine once at Walmart. The clerk asked to see my daughter's ID also (she was 19 at the time) before she would sell my wife the wine. My wife told the clerk to get a manager over there. The manager cleared the purchase but still...
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

Return to “Off-Topic”