TSRA Free gun law seminar

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
LDB415
Posts in topic: 3

TSRA Free gun law seminar

Post by LDB415 »

I got an email from TSRA offering a free gun law seminar nearby on Jan. 10. I think it's to sell a subscription to the particular company's services. Anyone else get this? Is it worth going to? Are the offered services worthwhile? A good idea?
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

Topic author
LDB415

Re: TSRA Free gun law seminar

Post by LDB415 »

Nobody else got this? Nobody has an opinion on whether it's worth going to? If the offering is worthwhile?

oljames3
Posts in topic: 1

Post by oljames3 »

LDB415 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:44 am Nobody else got this? Nobody has an opinion on whether it's worth going to? If the offering is worthwhile?
I did not receive the TSRA notice. However, TxLS has a web page listing their seminars. There is a listing for 1/10/2019 that is very interesting.
https://www.uslawshield.com/seminar/
VFW Post 6378 hosted by Texas State Rifle Association
5204 Hwy 3
Dickinson, TX 77539
01/10/2019 06:30 PM - 08:30 PM

I attended this session in Round Rock and found it to be very informative. Austin Davis is a very good presenter and his VR display is effective. Also, TxLS usually has a program attorney or two who talk about Texas self defense law and answer questions. If you are near Dickinson, this is worth your time.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Topic author
LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

That is the one. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to mention specific names or not. I presume they want to sell some sort of subscription service or something that won't be happy meal inexpensive and wasn't sure if it was advisable to get it or not.

WildBill
Posts in topic: 5

Post by WildBill »

LDB415 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:20 pm That is the one. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to mention specific names or not. I presume they want to sell some sort of subscription service or something that won't be happy meal inexpensive and wasn't sure if it was advisable to get it or not.
I can't find the forum post, so I don't know if this is the same VFW post, but I seem to recall that one of the seminars was posted 30.06. and 51%.
NRA Endowment Member

rtschl

Post by rtschl »

WildBill wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:42 pm
LDB415 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:20 pm That is the one. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to mention specific names or not. I presume they want to sell some sort of subscription service or something that won't be happy meal inexpensive and wasn't sure if it was advisable to get it or not.
I can't find the forum post, so I don't know if this is the same VFW post, but I seem to recall that one of the seminars was posted 30.06. and 51%.
WildBill,

Is this the post you're looking for: https://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic ... 83&t=49484
Ron
NRA Member

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

rtschl wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:21 pm
WildBill,

Is this the post you're looking for: https://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic ... 83&t=49484
No, this isn't the post I was referring to. I remember some people being upset that concealed carry wasn't allowed at a presentation talking about a self defense plan.
Thanks for posting It is still relevant. :tiphat:
NRA Endowment Member

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

LDB415 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:44 am Nobody else got this? Nobody has an opinion on whether it's worth going to? If the offering is worthwhile?
My memory was jogged a little after reading through this thread.
I recall asking this company for a copy of their contract and was informed that they would give me a copy only after I signed up.
I didn't think that was a proper way to do business so I didn't pursue it any further.
It kind of reminded me of the companies trying to sell timeshares.
NRA Endowment Member

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

More [Pre-paid legal service] marketing.....
-Ruark

jmorris
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jmorris »

I don't think I've been in a VFW (or America legion) that wasn't posted 51%.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

jmorris wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:20 pm
I have been to the VFW in Dickinson, but don't remember if it was posted.
I didn't see anything on the TABC website.
NRA Endowment Member

Mel

Post by Mel »

The last VFW I was in was posted only in the bar.
Mel
Airworthiness Inspector specializing in Experimental and Light-Sport Aircraft since the last Century.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Mel wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:40 pm
The last VFW I was in was posted only in the bar.
The sign may have been in the bar, but if you can take the drinks out of the bar area then the whole place is covered by the restriction. I have rarely seen where a building is split up unless there are separate suites and different businesses.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

jmorris
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jmorris »

WildBill wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:49 pm
Well I'll be. Found it and that one is sign=blue.
DICKINSON MEMORIAL POST NO. 6378 VETERANS OF FOREIGN WARS

Just for grins I checked the three I've been to and they are all red. Dickinson must have one heck of a chicken fried steak night.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

jmorris wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:33 pm
WildBill wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:49 pm
Well I'll be. Found it and that one is sign=blue.
DICKINSON MEMORIAL POST NO. 6378 VETERANS OF FOREIGN WARS

Just for grins I checked the three I've been to and they are all red. Dickinson must have one heck of a chicken fried steak night.
Last summer that had a heck of a crawfish boil. :mrgreen:
NRA Endowment Member

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”