My Name is anygunanywhere....

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 17

Re: My Name is anygunanywhere....

Post by anygunanywhere »

Thank all of you again. I hope your Christmas was special. Mine was, although me and the wife were alone at home. I had a meeting Christmas eve which was amazing. I hope all of you have a happy New Year and that 2019 is a banner year for all.

We are in west Texas right now at our hunting property. We are cooking our Christmas dinner tonight. Yesterday was busy repairing blinds, feeders, and trail cameras. Busy works.

Eddie
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

OlBill
Posts in topic: 1

Post by OlBill »

...With God, all things are possible.
Matthew 19:26

longtooth
Posts in topic: 14

Post by longtooth »

anygunanywhere wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:42 am Thank all of you again. I hope your Christmas was special. Mine was, although me and the wife were alone at home.
Eddie
We have an empty nest too Eddie. Our Kids - one is close, just down the road and other in Round Rock.
Grand ones are scattered from Guam to New York and a few still here in Texas.
A Happy New Year and all year now.
Hug your sweet wife for all of us here and tell her we are praying for her too. Thank you Lord for women of courage and love to stay AMEN.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Topic author
anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Yesterday was my one month of sobriety. I received my one month chip at last night's meeting.

Praise God!

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

flechero
Posts in topic: 3

Post by flechero »

anygunanywhere wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:10 am Yesterday was my one month of sobriety. I received my one month chip at last night's meeting.

Praise God!
Praise God, indeed! Congrats, brother! Keep your guard up, :tiphat:

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 4

Post by RPBrown »

anygunanywhere wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:10 am Yesterday was my one month of sobriety. I received my one month chip at last night's meeting.

Praise God!

Praise the Lord. Continued prayers for you
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

carlson1
Posts in topic: 4

Post by carlson1 »

Praise God!

Fantastic! We pray for you every day at 5:15. Keep going forward.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Praise God!
Congrats!
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Beiruty »

flechero wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:42 am

Praise God!
Let me ask, how do you grade the withdrawal effects, from I miss something that goes away in 15min to I hate myself, I cannot function.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Topic author
anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Beiruty wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:45 am

Praise God!
Let me ask, how do you grade the withdrawal effects, from I miss something that goes away in 15min to I hate myself, I cannot function.
My problem with alcohol was not that I had to drink every day. Mine was that once I started I could not stop. I started blacking out.

I also threatened suicide.

My cravings have been along the lines of when I end my work day I crave a drink or when we eat dinner out. Sharing our favorite wines was a big deal. I have cravings nearly every day.

My hard time will be when I travel, and I go back to work at the end of January. I'm traveling to New York for two months. That will be my true test and I will be calling for help and seeking out meetings.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

anygunanywhere wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:38 pm
Beiruty wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:45 am

Praise God!
My problem with alcohol was not that I had to drink every day. Mine was that once I started I could not stop. I started blacking out.

My cravings have been along the lines of when I end my work day I crave a drink or when we eat dinner out. Sharing our favorite wines was a big deal. I have cravings nearly every day.

My hard time will be when I travel, and I go back to work at the end of January. I'm traveling to New York for two months. That will be my true test and I will be calling for help and seeking out meetings.

Look into programs in NY. Stay on course with meetings. I know others who dont have to deal with your demons may not understand your struggles, but don't let them pull you back.
Our thoughts and prayers go with you.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Scott65

Post by Scott65 »

Continued prayers for you.

sottish cheese

Post by sottish cheese »

Congratulations on one month of sobriety!

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

yay! congratulations!
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

flechero

Post by flechero »

Jusme wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:01 pm
anygunanywhere wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:38 pm

Look into programs in NY. Stay on course with meetings. I know others who dont have to deal with your demons may not understand your struggles, but don't let them pull you back.
Our thoughts and prayers go with you.
A buddy (271 days sober) said the absolute key is going to meetings. Especially when traveling on business. Research it ahead and find them in the area you will be... he still tries to go to a meeting a day, unless he has a family or work conflict.

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”