Report: T-Mobile, AT&T, and Sprint Are Still Selling Your Location Data

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bblhd672 »

https://www.americanpartisan.org/2019/0 ... tion-data/

I Gave a Bounty Hunter $300. Then He Located Our Phone
https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/arti ... go-tmobile

Warrant-less tracking of your current location via your cell phone, by practically anyone.
Follow the money.
Who funds it?
Who benefits?
Who would want that kind of capability?
Who has the money to pay for research/deployment?
AT&T, after being caught (again), says (again) they will stop selling location data
https://m.phys.org/news/2019-01-att-loc ... okers.html
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Keith B
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Report: T-Mobile, AT&T, and Sprint Are Still Selling Your Location Data

Post by Keith B »

They may not provide your location, but most of your apps and iOS you agree to share it with the use agreement and they will sell it.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

jason812

Post by jason812 »

I leave my location turned off. I have no idea if that stops the Man from tracking me but in my mind it does. I have Verizon but I bet they just as bad as the others.

Does the Blackphone really work?
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bblhd672 »

As one of the articles pointed out, all cell phones are traceable to within a certain radius, even with location services turned off, due to the way the cell tower system works.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

bblhd672 wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:00 pm As one of the articles pointed out, all cell phones are traceable to within a certain radius, even with location services turned off, due to the way the cell tower system works.
Yup!

Even before phones had gps stuff on them.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

The only way you can drop off the grid is to turn off your phone and remove the battery! Otherwise the phone will ping the two closest cell towers
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Return to “Off-Topic”