Pelosi could become President before 2020

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1

Pelosi could become President before 2020

Post by philip964 »

bfm1851

Re: Pelosi could become President before 2020

Post by bfm1851 »

That women should not hold any public office much less the presidency. If she was not from California I don't think she would still be in the House. They sure have a history of electing somewhat questionable people(with the exception of Ronald Reagan)

JustSomeOldGuy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

bfm1851 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:05 am That woman should not hold any public office much less the presidency. If she was not from California I don't think she would still be in the House. They sure have a history of electing somewhat questionable people(with the exception of Ronald Reagan)
Fixed it for you....

I often wondered how California managed to elect a middle-of-the-road type like Ah-nold as governor. The other day it finally dawned on me, must of have been because he was an immigrant. :shock:
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

philip964 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:38 am https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house ... ted-states

Yep she could be.
Yep, and monkeys could fly out of her butt too.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I don't buy the premise. If President Trump is, somehow impeached by the House, and that impeachment is confirmed by the Senate, then newly sworn-in President Pence would nominate a new Vice President. Even if the House dems were to make a naked power grab by trying to rush through an impeachment of Pence before the new VP could be confirmed, I just don't envision any scenario where the senate would go along with what would essentially be an outright coup.

Instead, the senate would delay any hearings on the impeachment confirmation until a time after the new VP is confirmed. That person would then become President, and would nominate a new VP.

If this unlikely course of events ever does happen, I'll be the first to welcome President Cruz to his new job! Maybe we could also get a VP Abbot in there as well.

montgomery

Post by montgomery »

philip964 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:38 am https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house ... ted-states

Yep she could be.
According to Vegas bookmakers, she would also be the last.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

montgomery wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:14 pm

Yep she could be.
Well, there is that...

ELB

Post by ELB »

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:33 pm I don't buy the premise. If President Trump is, somehow impeached by the House, and that impeachment is confirmed by the Senate, then newly sworn-in President Pence would nominate a new Vice President. ...
This. ^^

Plus I don't see the Senate going along with any of the House Dems' lunacy.
USAF 1982-2005

Chemist45

Post by Chemist45 »

I had to check to make sure that this article wasn't in The Onion.
Yes it is possible that Trump could be impeached.
Yes it is possible that Pence could then be impeached with lightning speed before he had a chance to appoint a new VP.
If these things happened then yes, Pelosi would be president.
Now lets talk about other things that are far more likely to happen:
The democrats in the house decide enough is enough and decide to fund the wall over nancy's objections.
The supreme court could take on a case and decide that all gun control, all the way back to the NFA, is unconstitutional.
All the Hollywood movie actors could decide that being anti-gun while making millions off of them in the movies is unethical and decide to be pro-gun.
I could hit the Texas Powerball.
Any others?

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Chemist45 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:28 pm I had to check to make sure that this article wasn't in The Onion.
Yes it is possible that Trump could be impeached.
Yes it is possible that Pence could then be impeached with lightning speed before he had a chance to appoint a new VP.
If these things happened then yes, Pelosi would be president.
Now lets talk about other things that are far more likely to happen:
The democrats in the house decide enough is enough and decide to fund the wall over nancy's objections.
The supreme court could take on a case and decide that all gun control, all the way back to the NFA, is unconstitutional.
All the Hollywood movie actors could decide that being anti-gun while making millions off of them in the movies is unethical and decide to be pro-gun.
I could hit the Texas Powerball.
Any others?
Well there is the more obvious way for Nancy to become President, which would be a terrorist attack that blows up the White House killing both Trump and Pence at the same time.

But as long as we are straying off topic, how about the Supreme Court taking up the case of whether the ATF was within it's legitimate authority when it recently declared that rubber bands are machine guns (their "bump stock" definition includes any devices that increase the rate of fire of a semi-automatic weapon).

JustSomeOldGuy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

If Pelosi were to ascend, Pence on his way out the door could repeat Louis XV's "Apres moi, le deluge", and he'd probably be right.
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Earl E. Byrd

Post by Earl E. Byrd »

montgomery wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:14 pm

Yep she could be.
I heard they give 5:3 odds the protests after a Pelosi coup would be more peaceful than the protests after Trump's election.
Shoot early. Shoot often.
And hit what you shoot.

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

As said so eloquently, "monkeys could fly out of her butt too." :iagree:

Return to “Off-Topic”