Wash DC: MAGA hat wearing teens get ugly with drum beating indigenous people

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Wash DC: MAGA hat wearing teens get ugly with drum beating indigenous people

Post by SQLGeek »

IIRC, this isn't the first time that the unhinged left has regarded standing there and silently smiling as a threatening gesture when it suits then.
Psalm 91:2

G26ster
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Wash DC: MAGA hat wearing teens get ugly with drum beating indigenous people

Post by G26ster »

AndyC wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:42 pm He was a Marine Reservist, too.
Everyone who enlists in any service has an 8 year obligation. Depending on the branch, either 2,3,4 years active duty, and the remainder of the 8 years IRR (Individual Ready Reserve), unless you voluntarily join a Reserve unit. So yeah, once he was discharged, he had 4 years left in the Reserve unless his discharge was less than honorable.

puma guy
Posts in topic: 3

Post by puma guy »

AndyC wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:35 pm
philip964 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:13 pm Most likely not a Vietnam vet, but a Vietnam era vet.
He's going to skate on this because he has said that he is a "Vietnam times" vet; he let everyone else assume he went to Vietnam, so that's going to be his "out" - wait and see.
Andy, He stated he was a Vietnam veteran. He is quoted in a 2008 article in "Indian County Today" --
Phillips also described coming back to the U.S. as a veteran from Vietnam. “People called me a baby killer and a hippie girl spit on me.”
He also did an interview in which he described being a "recon ranger".
He was a reservist who never left the US. He's poseur and should be listed in "Stolen Valor"
If you search for the 2008 article in "Indian Country Today" the original article was altered on January 22, 2019 to reflect Phillips' current spin of "Vietnam times", but there is a link to the archived article available . I am posting a link with a video by retired Navy seal Don Shipley about Phillips' DD-214, but be warned if you want to hear about Phillips' DD-214 there's some vulgar language in it so view at your own risk.

Language Warning for embedded video.
https://www.redstate.com/jenvanlaar/201 ... KgixVOxjI
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

G26ster wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:47 pm
AndyC wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:42 pm He was a Marine Reservist, too.
Everyone who enlists in any service has an 8 year obligation. Depending on the branch, either 2,3,4 years active duty, and the remainder of the 8 years IRR (Individual Ready Reserve), unless you voluntarily join a Reserve unit. So yeah, once he was discharged, he had 4 years left in the Reserve unless his discharge was less than honorable.
I think his discharge is simply listed as "discharged". He went AWOL three or four times and was still a private after 4 years.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 60

Post by philip964 »

https://www.rollcall.com/news/congress/ ... -sued-list

Representative Ilhan Omar is on the attorney’s libel get sued list.

MaduroBU
Posts in topic: 2

Post by MaduroBU »

It wouldn't matter if Phillips were Carlos Hathcock; he acted like a petulant child, harassed high school kids, lied about it repeatedly, got the benefit of the doubt from the entire left-leaning media, and then doubled downon his lie.

The guy is trash.

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

G26ster wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:47 pmEveryone who enlists in any service has an 8 year obligation. Depending on the branch, either 2,3,4 years active duty, and the remainder of the 8 years IRR (Individual Ready Reserve), unless you voluntarily join a Reserve unit. So yeah, once he was discharged, he had 4 years left in the Reserve unless his discharge was less than honorable.
Just for technical and historical accuracy, at the time of his and my enlistments, the commitment was just six years. It was increased to 8 years either in the late 90s or early 2000s. But you could always enlist straight in the reserves and only do your active duty for training and then go to a reserve unit. This is what Phillips did.

A person who served an enlistment on active duty and then did his time in the IRR is rarely called a reservist. It would be true, but their active service generally is recognized and the IRR is ignored.
Steve Rothstein

G26ster
Posts in topic: 6

Post by G26ster »

srothstein wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:31 am
G26ster wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:47 pmEveryone who enlists in any service has an 8 year obligation. Depending on the branch, either 2,3,4 years active duty, and the remainder of the 8 years IRR (Individual Ready Reserve), unless you voluntarily join a Reserve unit. So yeah, once he was discharged, he had 4 years left in the Reserve unless his discharge was less than honorable.
Just for technical and historical accuracy, at the time of his and my enlistments, the commitment was just six years. It was increased to 8 years either in the late 90s or early 2000s. But you could always enlist straight in the reserves and only do your active duty for training and then go to a reserve unit. This is what Phillips did.

A person who served an enlistment on active duty and then did his time in the IRR is rarely called a reservist. It would be true, but their active service generally is recognized and the IRR is ignored.
Not entirely true. Not defending this guy, but his record shows almost 2 1/2 yrs active duty. Yes, he was a reservist. Also, it is possible to serve in the IRR (for which you get retirement points, but not enough for a "good year" that counts towards retirement). You can, however, gain enough points for a good year in the IRR through "participation." You can participate in Summer Camps, and/or drills with a local unit, and build those points. At least that was true in my day (1962 - 1984).

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

“Freon Ranger”

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/201 ... m-service/

Video of him talking about his service to his country.
“Honorably Discharged”,“box checked “in theatre””, “ I don’t talk much about my time in Vietnam”.

I don’t talk much about my time in Vietnam either, cause I’ve never been there.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019 ... ackground/

Criminal record- assault, escaping jail.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 5

Post by bblhd672 »

Some folks cross referencing his military records and his civilian criminal records are finding that Phillips' AWOL periods may coincide with being locked up for civilian offenses. Apparently he was trouble both for military and civil authorities.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/poli ... s-teenager
Phillips, who was 19 at the time, was “charged with escaping from the Nebraska Penal Complex where he was confined May 3,” according to a May 9, 1974, article in the Lincoln Star. The court approved a bond of $500 and set a preliminary hearing for May 14.
He pleaded guilty to assault on June 19, 1974, and was fined $200. In addition, he was charged with underage possession of alcohol in 1972, 1973, and 1975, as well as negligent driving. A destruction of property charge against him was dropped in August 1973, but Phillips was sentenced to one year probation for a related charge of alcohol possession by a minor.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

G26ster wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:07 amNot entirely true. Not defending this guy, but his record shows almost 2 1/2 yrs active duty. Yes, he was a reservist. Also, it is possible to serve in the IRR (for which you get retirement points, but not enough for a "good year" that counts towards retirement). You can, however, gain enough points for a good year in the IRR through "participation." You can participate in Summer Camps, and/or drills with a local unit, and build those points. At least that was true in my day (1962 - 1984).
I apologize for saying he went straight to his reserve unit. I made the statement based on other reports that he had only been a reservist. If he was active duty at a regular unit, he was not just a reservist, especially if it was for over two years.
Steve Rothstein

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/n ... 669250002/

https://www.americamagazine.org/politic ... march-life

Kentucky Bishop trashes Covington students for wearing MAGA hats at a prolife rally since Trump is a racist and anti LBGT.

One wonders if we are seeing the beginning of the end for a 1985 year old sect.

Edit: added a new link as I wasn't sure of which Bishop it was.
Last edited by philip964 on Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Redneck_Buddha
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

philip964 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:33 pm https://www.courier-journal.com/story/n ... 669250002/

Kentucky Bishop trashes Covington students for wearing MAGA hats at a prolife rally since Trump is a racist and anti LBGT.

One wonders if we are seeing the beginning of the end for a 1985 year old sect.
I believe at the very least this warrants a very sternly worded communique to the Diocese.

Return to “Off-Topic”