Ruger vaquero

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Aggiedan
Posts in topic: 3

Ruger vaquero

Post by Aggiedan »

Greetings!
I'm contemplating purchasing a Ruger .45 Vaquero, not to carry, but as a fun range gun. Do you have any thoughts on this gun? My main question is what is the trigger pull like?
Thanks
:patriot:

Archery1
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Ruger vaquero

Post by Archery1 »

Love them! Smoother right out of the box than you will find on a Colt. It's a very popular gun with the Cowboy Action crowd, and if you surf those forums, there lots of info on tuning these guns to your tastes. You won't be disappointed. Mine are always in the bag and shoot .38 from them, reloading in cowboy loads. With that grip, though, hotter .357 ain't much fun at all.

G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

I got one of a run of .45 convertibles, and love it. I truly enjoy the looks I get when I go to the range and use a 1911 magazine to load .45 ACP into a single action revolver (Think of it as a single action speed loader). I bought it because I wanted a single action in .45 Colt and it was the only I could find at the time. The only cons with the vaquero in my opinion is that it is not safe to shoot .45 Colt black hawk spec reloads in. Trigger pull on mine is a hair over 4lbs (when it had roughly twelve hundred rounds down the pipe), I have seen them with as high as 4lb 6oz trigger pulls (brand new guns).
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

Topic author
Aggiedan

Post by Aggiedan »

:tiphat:

gtolbert09

Post by gtolbert09 »

The one I have came with a 9mm cylinder and a 38\357 cylinder. It's a a lot fun to shoot.
USAF 1983-1994
NRA LifeTime Member
TSRA Member

Topic author
Aggiedan

Post by Aggiedan »

:txflag:

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”