5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

jason812
Posts in topic: 9

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

Post by jason812 »

Odinvalknir wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:42 pm Can I point out, and pose a question.

Why were some of the first officers through the door over the age of 50? I mean that doesn't mean they CAN'T be first in, just seems odd.
Maybe its because the so called gang members were also over 50.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Odinvalknir
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Odinvalknir »

jason812 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:16 pm
Odinvalknir wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:42 pm Can I point out, and pose a question.

Why were some of the first officers through the door over the age of 50? I mean that doesn't mean they CAN'T be first in, just seems odd.

Lol what. I hope that was sarcasm.

philip964
Posts in topic: 125

Post by philip964 »

I saw on the new conference the police chief harping on proliferation of guns and security cameras.

Blaming security cameras for lack of surprise.

Were the officers in uniform?

A .357 is a five or six shot gun?

jason812

Post by jason812 »

Odinvalknir wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:21 pm
jason812 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:16 pm

Lol what. I hope that was sarcasm.
Yes it was, maybe. They also do not happen to look like the typical gang banger.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/who- ... n-officers

During a news conference Tuesday, Houston police Chief Art Acevedo identified the suspects as 59-year-old Dennis Tuttle and 58-year-old Rhogena Nicholas.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

jason812

Post by jason812 »

If it's true non of the officers were wearing body cameras, the entire leadership of the HPD should be canned. If I were in charge, I would want every warrant excusion recorded. Not only for accountability but to review and used for learning. By reviewing what went right and what went wrong, and working to eliminate the wrong, it would be safer for the officers and those being served the warrant.

I know it's still early into the details of this but is it possible this couple was swatted?

dlh
Posts in topic: 24

Post by dlh »

jason812 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:03 pm If it's true non of the officers were wearing body cameras, the entire leadership of the HPD should be canned. If I were in charge, I would want every warrant excusion recorded. Not only for accountability but to review and used for learning. By reviewing what went right and what went wrong, and working to eliminate the wrong, it would be safer for the officers and those being served the warrant.

I know it's still early into the details of this but is it possible this couple was swatted?
I agree. Acevedo needs to be more forth-coming with all the facts--hopefully he will. He should release the search warrant and return--he can redact anything related to informants, etc. I also have trouble believing this was not recorded. Have never been a big fan of Acevedo anyway.
Hope the officers make a speedy recovery.
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

dlh

Post by dlh »

dlh wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:15 pm
jason812 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:03 pm If it's true non of the officers were wearing body cameras, the entire leadership of the HPD should be canned. If I were in charge, I would want every warrant excusion recorded. Not only for accountability but to review and used for learning. By reviewing what went right and what went wrong, and working to eliminate the wrong, it would be safer for the officers and those being served the warrant.

I agree. Acevedo needs to be more forth-coming with all the facts--hopefully he will. He should release the search warrant and return--he can redact anything related to informants, etc. I also have trouble believing this was not recorded. Have never been a big fan of Acevedo anyway.
Regarding the capacity of a .357 magnum revolver---my Smith and Wesson 686 in .357 magnum is a seven shot.

dlh

Post by dlh »

Regarding the capacity of a .357 magnum revolver---my Smith and Wesson 686 in .357 magnum is a seven shot.

LTUME1978
Posts in topic: 1

Post by LTUME1978 »

After reading the news article, that raid does not pass the smell test. If 4 guys dressed in black busted down my door and shot my cats (I don't have dogs but one cat can be pretty fierce :-) ) I would be returning fire at a rapid pace. HPD has some "splaining" to do.

Odinvalknir
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Odinvalknir »

I read another article stating that the undercovers had bought heroin from someone in front of the house. If that is true, surely there is video of that right? Otherwise how could you use it to obtain a warrant or for an investigation? Lets see that video showing them buying heroin from one of the two people who were killed.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

My interest in the .357 is I assumed this was a revolver type gun. So saying he emptied the gun before he was shot, and I think it is rational to believe this was the situation. 7 shots 4 wounded police officers. Two critically and two with a shot to the leg and one two the shoulder. That is only 3 misses. Now wouldn’t police officers serving a warrant be wearing vests.

I’m just wondering if there was friendly fire.

My wife saw the news cast at 6, relatives are coming to town neighbors are being interviewed and they were saying nice couple can’t believe they were envolved with drugs.

They initially said pit bull was killed. Are they still saying pit bull. My tea cup poodle also gets real vicious at strangers at the front door.

Were they in uniform?

G26ster
Posts in topic: 1

Post by G26ster »

philip964 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:53 pm Two critically and two with a shot to the leg and one two the shoulder. That is only 3 misses. Now wouldn’t police officers serving a warrant be wearing vests.
News said the 2 critical were shot in the face, 1 in the shoulder, and 1 in the leg. Vests cover none of those areas.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

News tonight said pit bull again.

Woman had cancer.

Interviewed a neighbor he said he has been his friend for 30 years. Said he was so law abiding that he would nt fish till he got a fishing license.

In uniform?

Why no body cams?

O.F.Fascist
Posts in topic: 8

Post by O.F.Fascist »

Article on the two deceased victims. This raid seems more and more questionable.

https://heavy.com/news/2019/01/dennis-t ... -nicholas/

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Beiruty »

It looks like a botched raid, Where is the "tar" the raid was raided for? Assume, that there was single sale in front of the house. Could not they arrest the seller outside the house?
A lot of "miscalculations" that is being covered in this case, 5 were shot and hit from a single revolver of 6-shots? What if the homeowner grabed an AK or AR that can fire 30rds each sec! [sic]
Oh the idiot police chief is blaming the spread of guns across Houston City? Wake up man, that is Texas. Worse, the homeowners use a 1 single revolver. not a registered M60!
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Return to “The Crime Blotter”