school safety certification courses

This section is ONLY for instructors posting classes in compliance with Rule 14. Please do not post questions or reviews, or announcements of classes that you are not teaching.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
gettingolder
Posts in topic: 3

school safety certification courses

Post by gettingolder »

New to the forum; this is my first post.

I want to take a "School Safety Certification Course" (school guardian) this summer.

Can anyone suggest trainers who are in the area between Abilene / Wichita Falls / Ft. Worth area?

I tried a Google search with very few results.

Thank you!

Topic author
gettingolder

Re: school safety certification courses

Post by gettingolder »

....any outside but near this area?

Mike S
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Mike S »

If you're willing to travel to the Austin/Dripping Springs/Wimberley area, I can help you. However, I'm pretty sure there's more than a few SSC Instructors up in your area.

I'm not sure how updated this list is, but here's the link to the DPS' list of SSC Instructors (at the bottom, below the list of LTC Instructors).
https://www.dps.texas.gov/RSD/LTC/instructors.htm

If you don't find anyone in your area, I'd entertain travelling up your way to give the class if you can gather a couple more interested people; do the classroom/practical exercises portion at your school; and have a range that would accommodate (must be able to shoot out to 50 yards for a couple of the drills). However, since I don't charge for this class I'd ask for my expenses to be covered. (I offer it locally for free, minus range/classroom fees, etc).

Topic author
gettingolder

Post by gettingolder »

Awesome! thanks for the reply.

montgomery

Post by montgomery »

I would drive a day there and back to train with Karl Rehn. Fortunately, I only had to drive an hour each way for his class. My opinion is if you carry, you need this class.

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

montgomery wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:23 pm I would drive a day there and back to train with Karl Rehn. Fortunately, I only had to drive an hour each way for his class. My opinion is if you carry, you need this class.
+1 for Karl Rehn and KR Training. This is where I take my family for training and where I took the School Safety Certification. https://www.krtraining.com/

Unfortunately, Karl does not show any School Safety classes on his schedule right now. That could change. Subscribe to his newsletter to get updates. https://gem.godaddy.com/signups/170693/joinj

Karl offers a 1/2 day, 1 day, the full 2 day versions of the course. DPS certification requires the 2 day version.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

skeathley

Post by skeathley »

I work with some school systems in the N Dallas area, and will have one or two classes this Summer, but those are not yet scheduled.
Texas LTC Instructor / RSO / SSC
Viet Nam Veteran: 25th Infantry, Cu Chi
https://mckinneyfirearmstraining.com

Return to “Basic & Advanced Training (Non-LTC)”