No longer tin foil hat conspiracy theory: DNA company allowing FBI access

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 1

No longer tin foil hat conspiracy theory: DNA company allowing FBI access

Post by bblhd672 »

One of the largest at-home DNA testing companies is giving the FBI access to its records
https://www.theblaze.com/news/at-home-d ... 270%20days
The Houston-based company defended the practice, telling BuzzFeed in a statement that it will allow law enforcement agencies to solve "violent crimes faster than ever."
Anyone want to bet the other DNA collection companies are doing the same thing? The others probably not bragging about it though.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

jb2012

Re: No longer tin foil hat conspiracy theory: DNA company allowing FBI access

Post by jb2012 »

I’d love to know the dollar amount that company is receiving in exchange for exploitation of customers.

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

Invasion of Privacy!! Under BHO, the FBI has expanded into the Gestapo.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

rotor

Post by rotor »

Even worse. My stupid sibs have done this crazy testing so potentially my privacy is now invaded even though I have not been tested.

clarionite

Post by clarionite »

The article I read on it last week seemed sensationalized. It sounded like LE can submit DNA to them, and if matches come back they can get a warrant for the results. To me that's a little different than what it was hyped to be of the LE having access to the database. I'm not planning on submitting mine to any of these companies because I'm paranoid. But being paranoid doesn't mean they're not really out to get you.

Edit: And I'm not concerned about my siblings submitting to the companies, because a couple of them are probably in the LE databases already. LOL

RicoTX

Post by RicoTX »

It doesn't matter anymore as was stated, if anyone even closely related has used once of the services, law enforcement can easily connect the dots. We are past the point where we can protect privacy regarding DNA. Politicians may pay lip service to some ideas such as health privacy, but they are going to do whatever the lobbyists want in regards to that too eventually.

I have zero trust in any government official or department, and even less in any politician, yes even Republicans. It is almost impossible to get elected anymore without owing someone something.
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Member
GOA Member

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

There’s a real good reason why I have refused for years now to provide a DNA sample to any of the ancestry research sites. Once it’s in the mailman’s hands, it’s in the wind. It’s like a bullet. Once fired, you can’t recall it. I have no plans to live a criminal life by today’s standards; but I also think we’re not that far off from a day when many of the things/freedoms we take for granted today, will have been criminalized. So if someone wants my DNA, let them produce a warrant.

Granted, even warrants don’t mean that much anymore when corrupted police can execute a no-knock raid on your home in the middle of the night, kill your dog, and then shoot you dead for defending your home. Still, it’s at least window dressing.

So no samples from me for ANYbody, without a warrant.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Grumpy1993

Post by Grumpy1993 »

Maybe a serial rapist should submit their DNA under the name Chuck Schumer. Or Art Acevedo.
Bonnen Lied
Gun Rights Died

Return to “Off-Topic”