Strippers take Boston officer's service weapon

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
KLB
Posts in topic: 1

Strippers take Boston officer's service weapon

Post by KLB »

A Boston cop who had his city-issued $5,000 gun allegedly stolen by two strippers after a night out bar-hopping last week in Rhode Island is not being identified because he is “a victim,” police told the Herald today.

He is listed as the #1 victim in a Pawtucket police report showing he frantically called cops there early Saturday to report his black, 40-caliber Glock 22 semi-automatic was gone.
https://www.bostonherald.com/2019/02/07 ... strippers/

A $5,000 Glock 22? I just checked, and Bass Pro offers them for about $600.

ammoboy2

Re: Strippers take Boston officer's service weapon

Post by ammoboy2 »

and 600 is overpriced

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Are Boston PD guns gold plated, with diamond encrusted grips? I'm in the wrong business, I could sell them guns for only $3000.00 and they could save a lot of money. :biggrinjester:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Scott B.
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Scott B. »

That's pretty funny. They had to have added an extra zero. There no real department that's going to allow an officer run a duty gun with several grand of 'upgrades' of questionable value and even more questionable reliability.

That said, the company you keep.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Its Boston, TAXachusetts. No doubt in my mind that they spent $5000 of taxpayer money per Glock in a scheme that would likely make John Wiley Price look like an amateur. :smilelol5:

Remember the "Big Dig"?:

The Big Dig was the most expensive highway project in the US, and was plagued by cost overruns, delays, leaks, design flaws, charges of poor execution and use of substandard materials, criminal arrests, and one death. The project was originally scheduled to be completed in 1998 at an estimated cost of $2.8 billion (in 1982 dollars, US$6.0 billion adjusted for inflation as of 2006).However, the project was completed in December 2007 at a cost of over $14.6 billion ($8.08 billion in 1982 dollars, meaning a cost overrun of about 190%) as of 2006. The Boston Globe estimated that the project will ultimately cost $22 billion, including interest, and that it would not be paid off until 2038...
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Grumpy1993

Post by Grumpy1993 »

Are we sure it wasn't just a stripper dressed as a cop? :???:
Bonnen Lied
Gun Rights Died

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Not their most flattering photos, or was alcohol involved too.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Grumpy1993 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:07 am Are we sure it wasn't just a stripper dressed as a cop? :???:
I see what you did there.

:smilelol5:
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

It’s probably a typo where an extra 0 (zero) got added.

Hopefully
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

jason812

Post by jason812 »

philip964 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:12 pm Not their most flattering photos, or was alcohol involved too.
Ever heard you never want to see a stripper in the daytime? There's a reason those establishments have dim lights, or so I have been told.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

ELB

Post by ELB »

Bitter Clinger wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:51 am Its Boston, TAXachusetts. No doubt in my mind that they spent $5000 of taxpayer money per Glock in a scheme that would likely make John Wiley Price look like an amateur. :smilelol5:

Remember the "Big Dig"?:

The Big Dig was the most expensive highway project in the US, and was plagued by cost overruns, delays, leaks, design flaws, charges of poor execution and use of substandard materials, criminal arrests, and one death. The project was originally scheduled to be completed in 1998 at an estimated cost of $2.8 billion (in 1982 dollars, US$6.0 billion adjusted for inflation as of 2006).However, the project was completed in December 2007 at a cost of over $14.6 billion ($8.08 billion in 1982 dollars, meaning a cost overrun of about 190%) as of 2006. The Boston Globe estimated that the project will ultimately cost $22 billion, including interest, and that it would not be paid off until 2038...
And high-speed rail says "Hold my beer..."
USAF 1982-2005

Alf

Post by Alf »

philip964 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:12 pm Not their most flattering photos, or was alcohol involved too.
Cops and guns, so probably, but who looks at a stripper's face? :biggrinjester:

Scott B.
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Scott B. »

I'm sure it was an innocent group study session for the courses those gals are taking. Working your way through college is tough and good study partners are hard to find....
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Scott B. wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:49 pm I'm sure it was an innocent group study session for the courses those gals are taking. Working your way through college is tough and good study partners are hard to find....
I'll bet the cop was studying anatomy.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

Pawpaw wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:06 pm
Scott B. wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:49 pm I'm sure it was an innocent group study session for the courses those gals are taking. Working your way through college is tough and good study partners are hard to find....
I'll bet the cop was studying anatomy.
"rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol"
Do what you say you're gonna do.

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”