Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 1

AZ: Lyft/Uber drivers carry despite company policy

Post by ELB »

Some rideshare drivers admit to carrying guns after two Valley attacks

After a pregnant mom driving for Lyft was killed, and an Uber driver survived having his throat cut:
"How many people do you know that drive are carrying guns," asked ABC15's, Zach Crenshaw.

"At least four or five, other than me. All females," said one woman driver.

After the recent attacks, more Valley drivers are risking their income to pack heat.

"I was just talking to somebody today that said he was going to start carrying," she said. "A lot of us don't feel safe anymore."

Another driver posted a picture in a rideshare group of a gun near the driver's seat, captioned, "Always by my side."
Arizona being a constitutional carry state, they don't have to wait for a license.
USAF 1982-2005

strogg

Re: AZ: Lyft/Uber drivers carry despite company policy

Post by strogg »

Fortunately for Texans, they don't have to wait either. As long as the drivers doesn't get out of the cars with the gun on their bodies, they can carry under MPA.

If I was a rideshare or taxi driver, I'd be carrying as well. You never know what kind of crazies would end up in your vehicle. I'd rather be alive and get fired than be dead and still have a job.

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

strogg wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:23 pm
If I was a rideshare or taxi driver, I'd be carrying as well. You never know what kind of crazies would end up in your vehicle. I'd rather be alive and get fired than be dead and still have a job.
I have a neighbor who drives for both Uber and Lyft. He has stories to tell. The worst are about drunks.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

chasfm11:
Ditto on a friend who has driven quite a bit for both Uber and Lyft. He keeps 2 phones on in his car, one for each company's app. It doubles his chances of being nearby when a ride request pops up.

He has had very many sketchy people as passengers. Some appear to be ladies of the night and their "managers", others are some other undetermined kind of shady. During the daytime, his passengers are fine, but the later the night gets, the more problematic his passengers become.

One day he was vacuuming out his car, and found a small plastic bag with what appeared to be cocaine in it. If he had been stopped for a moving violation, this would be a big problem. The bag had apparently been left by mistake in his back seat by some drunken/high loudmouth SMU gals the night before.

He is warming up to the idea of getting a handgun, and I've offered multiple times to take him to a gun show, but he watches his kids during the day time, works multiple jobs, and goes to college too. I think he should fit in some gun shopping time since he could pick SOMETHING up quickly, and carry under MPA. He's worried about being a gunowner with young children. Heck, if he's only got one handgun, this should be pretty easy to control, IMHO.

Interestingly, he isn't exactly a stranger to guns, but he doesn't have anything right now. His previous 2 guns were at either end of the spectrum.....
he had a Beretta .22 and a TEC-9!

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Alf

Post by Alf »

That's a good idea, especially if the company health insurance doesn't cover resurrection.

theblaze

Post by theblaze »

Alf wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:23 pm That's a good idea, especially if the company health insurance doesn't cover resurrection.
Ha!

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”