Texas Parks Reservation System

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
jmorris
Posts in topic: 2

Texas Parks Reservation System

Post by jmorris »

In a thread the subject came up of the long-time proposed change to the reservation system to allow selection of campsites. The system had been down for several days and is now back up with a new interface and the campsite selection capability. I just made site reservations at Devil's River and everything ran smoothly.

You can also purchase and print day passes to get a jump on crowded parks.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/newsmedia/releas ... =20190206a
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

Tex1961
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Texas Parks Reservation System

Post by Tex1961 »

Of course they did. Right after I sold the RV. Dang

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

I am glad to hear this. Arkansas and Oklahoma both allow you to pick a site. I never understood why Texas did not.

Jose_in_Dallas

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

I'm on the TPWD mailing list and received an update about this a few weeks ago. Looking forward to being able to pick out a specific spot rather than having to get there super early on a busy weekend to get the one I want.

As far as Oklahoma, at least Lake Murray State Park doesn't allow this yet, it's first come, first serve for the camp sites.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Jose_in_Dallas wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:02 pm I'm on the TPWD mailing list and received an update about this a few weeks ago. Looking forward to being able to pick out a specific spot rather than having to get there super early on a busy weekend to get the one I want.

As far as Oklahoma, at least Lake Murray State Park doesn't allow this yet, it's first come, first serve for the camp sites.
I have been reserving Broken Bow (Oklahoma) for about 18 years. I haven’t been ther in the last two. I have been reserving at Daisy (Arkansas) for about eight years. I went to Daisy last year and reserved there.

I hope Broken Bow has not stopped because we like to stay in the river.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Jose_in_Dallas wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:02 pm I'm on the TPWD mailing list and received an update about this a few weeks ago. Looking forward to being able to pick out a specific spot rather than having to get there super early on a busy weekend to get the one I want.

We haven't camped at Lake Murray in 20+ years. When we did it was in tents around back just 20-30 feet from the water where it nearly required 4x4 to get to. Fun times.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

MadMonkey

Post by MadMonkey »

This is good news. I haven't camped since 2014 and I'm really wanting to take some 3 day trips out of here.
“Beware the fury of a patient man.” - John Dryden

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

carlson1 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:08 pm I am glad to hear this. Arkansas and Oklahoma both allow you to pick a site. I never understood why Texas did not.
All contiguous states have had site-specific reservations as has most of the country for many years. Texas was way long overdue in this regard.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

carlson1 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:08 pm I am glad to hear this. Arkansas and Oklahoma both allow you to pick a site. I never understood why Texas did not.
All contiguous states have had site-specific reservations, as has the Feds and most of the other state parks, for many years. Texas was way long overdue in this regard.

Topic author
jmorris

Post by jmorris »

Why am I always the beta tester? I had reserved a spot at Devil's River for M-F, the 18-22nd. Got a call today from a park ranger. Er, DRSNA is not open on weekdays. That was an error in the reservation system. It's fixed now and they'll contact you.

I used to get paid for this stuff.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

Return to “Off-Topic”