5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Odinvalknir
Posts in topic: 21

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

Post by Odinvalknir »

I wish they would put Art on leave permanently.

PBR
Posts in topic: 6

Post by PBR »

This was botched from the start and last couple of police involved shootings while serving high risk warrants. This should of never been done in broad daylight. I don't know who decided it's a good idea to start doing these during the daylight time raids / warrants but it's not. It puts police at such more disadvantage and is just plain silly.
Houston, Tx.
DPS Received - Jan. 26th
Received Pin# - Feb. 25th
IN HAND!!!!!! June 9th

WildBill
Posts in topic: 81

Post by WildBill »

carlson1 wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:51 pm
WildBill wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:32 pm Can someone explain exactly was is a confidential informant?

It seems like a bad idea to approve a search warrant based on the testimony/information of a person
whose identity and veracity is unknown.
Bill a lot of times a CI (confidential informant) is usually someone trying to work off charges against them. They agree to turn on who they were getting drugs from so their charges are dismissed. That is. Ormall the story of a CI. Sometimes it could be someone who is just sick and tired of seeing bad and agrees to go undercover to make buys.

I had a CI that I worked with that started off to have his charges dismissed, but eventually just kept working because he really did have a change of heart and seen how the drugs destroyed his family and others.
Thanks Carl! :thumbs2:
NRA Endowment Member

Grumpy1993
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Grumpy1993 »

It sounds like no police officer made an undercover buy and no police officer saw the alleged drugs in the house claimed in the warrant. So whatever that HPD officer "swore" on the affidavit was just hearsay. They didn't actually see drugs. They were just parroting what somebody else told them. So much for due process.

Now a married couple and their dog are dead, gunned down in their own home. And the killers will probably never go to prison.
Bonnen Lied
Gun Rights Died

Alf
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Alf »

I would keep a loaded AR at home if I lived in a major city. Wheel guns aren't enough to stop home invaders these days.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 14

Post by C-dub »

Alf wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:52 pm I would keep a loaded AR at home if I lived in a major city. Wheel guns aren't enough to stop home invaders these days.
I do and with a 40 round mag inserted and a couple 30 round spares.

And I'm sure a few others here have similar or more ready to go.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

philip964
Posts in topic: 125

Post by philip964 »

ABC 13 reported:

“According to the court documents, police recovered four guns, about 18 grams of marijuana and about 1.5 grams of an unknown white powder.”

Is 1 gram very much?

Attorney familiar with drug operations said he would have expected to find scales and unused baggies if it was a drug operation.

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 5

Post by carlson1 »

philip964 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:06 pm Attorney familiar with drug operations said he would have expected to find scales and unused baggies if it was a drug operation.
I worked undercover narcotics for 10 years. If it was a “drug house” I would have expected the same plus multiple buys before a raid.

Not enough true information known at this point, but there are a lot of questions. I sure hope there is not a cover up.

Odinvalknir
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Odinvalknir »

philip964 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:06 pm ABC 13 reported:

“According to the court documents, police recovered four guns, about 18 grams of marijuana and about 1.5 grams of an unknown white powder.”

Is 1 gram very much?

Attorney familiar with drug operations said he would have expected to find scales and unused baggies if it was a drug operation.

Well if my teenage and early twenties mean anything, 18 grams of weed is really not a lot if you are a fairly consistent weed smoker. Don't even really have to be a heavy weed smoker, me and a couple buddies could smoke 18 grams in a matter of few days back then. Especially if we are talkin about what would be called Reggie weed and not what we'd call Hydro or the good stuff. Even if it was the better stuff 18 grams is still not drug dealer amounts of marijuana.

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Pawpaw »

philip964 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:06 pm Is 1 gram very much?
1.5 grams = .0529 ounces
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

warnmar10
Posts in topic: 10

Post by warnmar10 »

philip964 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:06 pm...

Is 1 gram very much?

I've learned from watching the evening news that 1 gram has a street value of about $3.2 million.

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

Odinvalknir wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:43 pm

Is 1 gram very much?

Well if my teenage and early twenties mean anything, 18 grams of weed is really not a lot if you are a fairly consistent weed smoker. Don't even really have to be a heavy weed smoker, me and a couple buddies could smoke 18 grams in a matter of few days back then. Especially if we are talkin about what would be called Reggie weed and not what we'd call Hydro or the good stuff. Even if it was the better stuff 18 grams is still not drug dealer amounts of marijuana.
The lady had cancer, as I see it any laws keeping relief from a cancer patient are completely immoral. We have broken down into anarchy when it becomes difficult to discern between the good guys and the bad guys. Then again. It's pretty clear on which side was evil. Storming the gates and blowing away their pet dog and leaving no survivors. Maybe Houston has rounded the corner and is now on the other side of anarchy. I wish someone would explain how this is different than the Kristallnacht. Kristallnacht might have been a larger event, but they at least there were survivors.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

warnmar10 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:38 am
philip964 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:06 pm...

Is 1 gram very much?

I've learned from watching the evening news that 1 gram has a street value of about $3.2 million.
1 gm of what?

DocV
Posts in topic: 5

Post by DocV »

Is 1 gram very much?
For comparsion, a "regular" apirin tablet is 300 mgs. So five 300 mg aspirin would be 1.5 grams. Those reported "abouts" are frustratingly unprecise. An elephant and a flea are both "about" 1.5 grams.

dlh
Posts in topic: 24

Post by dlh »

The police agencies I am familiar with will both weigh it at the scene with digital scales then send it to the D.P.S. lab for more accurate weighing and analysis of the substance. All of that is important for figuring out what to charge somebody with. Of course, in this case the presumed defendants are dead from gunshot wounds so they won't be charged.
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”