Swapping pistol sights

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Odinvalknir
Posts in topic: 1

Swapping pistol sights

Post by Odinvalknir »

I replaced the rear sights on my carry firearm a couple months ago but I left the front sight stock. I've been to the range a few times since and I am still just as accurate as I was with the regular rear sights. My question no is if you swap either sight and not the other would it throw off accuracy if they were say not the same size as the stock ones. I hope this makes sense, I would assume that the aftermarket companies that make the aftermarket sights would make them the same height and size as the stock ones.

mrvmax

Re: Swapping pistol sights

Post by mrvmax »

There are different sizes depending on brand and model. The height can make it shoot high or low depending on the size in relation to the stock one. It could also shoot right or left if the rear sight is not centered.

rotor

Post by rotor »

Acronym is FORS, Front site Opposite, Rear site Same. So if in your case if the V in the rear site is now lower than before you would shoot lower, and for example if the rear site has moved to the right you would shoot to the right. The front site on your gun is unchanged but for example if the front site were higher you would tend to shoot low. Anyone out there correct me if I am wrong. Since your accuracy is the same you should be good to go.

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

Different brands different sizes in some cases. For example you may have low profile sights that are snag free for CCW or you might have suppressor height sights to get a over the can. Some may be mid height with a square edged to be able to assist in one hand manipulation say off a belt. It’s always best to order the sight pair unless you are replacing say a messed up front that matechs the one your replacing.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”