Shooting at Police officer while in chase

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Beiruty
Posts in topic: 1

Shooting at Police officer while in chase

Post by Beiruty »

It is really a bad idea, to shoot at the police patrol car while in pursuit.

Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

joe817

Re: Shooting at Police officer while in chase

Post by joe817 »

wow!Good footage! Interesting website.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

DynamicDan

Post by DynamicDan »

Pretty dumb, never ends well for you.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Interesting reload
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

C-dub wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:13 pm Interesting reload
I would call it a terrible reload, but now they have something to show in the academy on how NOT to do a reload.

It sure shows you how stress can effect what we think we might do. I have only been in a similar situation one time and hope I am never there again. It caused me to run through a barbed wire fence and have to be stitched up. It is important we train and then practice what we were trained.

OneGun
Posts in topic: 2

Post by OneGun »

I remember this incident when it occurred. I kept wondering about shooting without hearing protection in a confined space. The officer's ears must have been ringing for a while.

The reload was way off, but I doubt officers train to reload from the drivers seat in a sitting position.

IIRC, both perps did not survive contact with the police.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

philip964

Post by philip964 »

I was concerned he would lose control of his car with the one handed steering at high speed.

Whew. That was intense.

MaduroBU
Posts in topic: 3

Post by MaduroBU »

As long as you're good at designing underpowered carbines, you'll only get about 8 years for it. I'm not sure that it's something to count upon, though.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

MaduroBU wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:34 am As long as you're good at designing underpowered carbines, you'll only get about 8 years for it. I'm not sure that it's something to count upon, though.
Meaning no disrespect, but what the heck does that have to do with the above police pursuit? Or am I missing something?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

MaduroBU

Post by MaduroBU »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:17 am
MaduroBU wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:34 am As long as you're good at designing underpowered carbines, you'll only get about 8 years for it. I'm not sure that it's something to count upon, though.
Meaning no disrespect, but what the heck does that have to do with the above police pursuit? Or am I missing something?
Look up the M1 carbine. Interesting story from a very different era.

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

MaduroBU wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:53 pm
What is the relationship between designing an underpowered carbine and a police pursuit involving shots fired at the officer? I did not hear in the video any mention of a carbine.

Sorry if I do not understand something you think is obvious.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

MaduroBU

Post by MaduroBU »

OneGun wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:15 pm
What is the relationship between designing an underpowered carbine and a police pursuit involving shots fired at the officer? I did not hear in the video any mention of a carbine.

"Carbine" Williams, a notorious local bootlegger, fled from deputies at his still in mid 1921 and fired over his shoulder as he ran, killing one of the deputies. He was caught and given 30-life at hard labor. While in prison, he developed several vital firearms technologies, and the US government appealed to the governor of NC for a commutation of his sentence in 1927. He was released in 1929, and went on to design the M1 carbine, among other weapons, and is the father of the short stroke gas piston.

There's actually a James Stewart movie about his life.

So while it's not related to the chase at hand, it is an interesting and rather bizarre similar incident, albeit from a very different time.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

MaduroBU wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:26 pm

"Carbine" Williams, a notorious local bootlegger, fled from deputies at his still in mid 1921 and fired over his shoulder as he ran, killing one of the deputies. He was caught and given 30-life at hard labor. While in prison, he developed several vital firearms technologies, and the US government appealed to the governor of NC for a commutation of his sentence in 1927. He was released in 1929, and went on to design the M1 carbine, among other weapons, and is the father of the short stroke gas piston.

So while it's not related to the chase at hand, it is an interesting and rather bizarre similar incident, albeit from a very different time.
As good as you are at making esoteric posts you'll be getting questions. :lol: You went way over my head!
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

MaduroBU wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:26 pm

There is absolutely no similarity between the two stories.

BTW, pretty much all of your "facts" about Williams are nothing but myths. https://www.americanrifleman.org/articl ... h-reality/
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

SigM4

Post by SigM4 »

You know, the first couple times I watched this back when it happened I never realized how many other units were in pursuit when the chase ended. I always thought that officer was pretty brave to be exiting his car into that (still do), but now seeing all the backup he had makes me feel better about his choice.

And yes, the reload made me cringe.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Return to “Off-Topic”