Evolution of the right to carry, 1986 to 2019

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
KLB
Posts in topic: 3

Evolution of the right to carry, 1986 to 2019

Post by KLB »

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Evolution of the right to carry, 1986 to 2019

Post by C-dub »

That's cool. :tiphat:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

MaduroBU
Posts in topic: 1

Post by MaduroBU »

I see that Constitutional Carry in Vermont explains their extreme rate of homicides.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

That is fantastic. Thank you for posting.

jason812

Post by jason812 »

Looks like in about 10 years Kansas went from no issue to unrestricted. That's a pretty quick 180.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

jason812 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:48 pm Looks like in about 10 years Kansas went from no issue to unrestricted. That's a pretty quick 180.
Part of their evolution is also a little funny. IIRC, Kansas did not initially have preemption and many of the cities had their own ordinances that created a lot of problems. That mostly occurred after KS made OC legal. I'm remembering something about Topeka, the capital, deleting an entire section of some of their laws for whatever reason and that city's laws restricting OC were buried in there. The city officials didn't realize it until a citizen that had decided to OC within city limits and was cited or arrested for it and fought it in court. Once they determined they no longer had a law against it they dropped the charges, I think, and the city council decided to let things be to see if there would be any problems before attempting to reenact any laws prohibiting OC again. After a year or two they didn't see any issues and just left it alone. I think KS also got state preemption after that sometime, but I'm not real sure about that.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
KLB

Post by KLB »

C-dub wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:41 pmI think KS also got state preemption after that sometime, but I'm not real sure about that.
I am grateful for the state preemption we have and expect the gun grabbers to target it vigorously.

theblaze

Post by theblaze »

That is a good perspective on how far we've come. The fact that it is all on the state level makes it harder for the left to undo since they would have to do it one state at a time. Unlike something at the federal level.

Topic author
KLB

Post by KLB »

theblaze wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:52 pm The fact that it is all on the state level makes it harder for the left to undo since they would have to do it one state at a time. Unlike something at the federal level.
Ah, but they'll do it with federal legislation preempting state laws. That's why Trump's judicial appointments are so important, but given how deep the divide is, the tables will eventually turn, and we'll be screwed.

theblaze

Post by theblaze »

KLB wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:36 pm
theblaze wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:52 pm The fact that it is all on the state level makes it harder for the left to undo since they would have to do it one state at a time. Unlike something at the federal level.
Ah, but they'll do it with federal legislation preempting state laws. That's why Trump's judicial appointments are so important, but given how deep the divide is, the tables will eventually turn, and we'll be screwed.
I agree with all of that.

The price of liberty is eternal vigilance.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”