Aurora, Illinois - Active shooter situation

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Flightmare
Posts in topic: 3

Aurora, Illinois - Active shooter situation

Post by Flightmare »

https://www.foxnews.com/us/active-shoot ... -officials
Aurora police confirmed to Fox News that there is an active shooter “on the west side” of Aurora.

The situation, which was verified by the Kane County Sheriff’s Office, unfolded at Henry Pratt Company, WLS-TV reported. The business is a manufacturing company, according to WMAQ-TV.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Lynyrd

Re: Aurora, Illinois - Active shooter situation

Post by Lynyrd »

https://patch.com/illinois/aurora/activ ... uorra-cops
"(The shooter) just went ballistic," John Probst, who works at Henry Pratt and was in the building at the time told ABC. "[One victim] came running down; he was bleeding pretty bad."

Probst said he recognized the shooter as a coworker. Probst said he was "rolling down the aisles" with "a pistol with a laser on it."
This is exactly why I fought so hard to gain permission to carry at work. It's ironic that we were forced to watch the "Run, Hide, Fight" training video this week at the plant.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

Topic author
Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Lynyrd wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:21 pm https://patch.com/illinois/aurora/activ ... uorra-cops
"(The shooter) just went ballistic," John Probst, who works at Henry Pratt and was in the building at the time told ABC. "[One victim] came running down; he was bleeding pretty bad."

Probst said he recognized the shooter as a coworker. Probst said he was "rolling down the aisles" with "a pistol with a laser on it."
This is exactly why I fought so hard to gain permission to carry at work. It's ironic that we were forced to watch the "Run, Hide, Fight" training video this week at the plant.
My work does not have 30.06/30.07 signs posted, so carrying would not be a violation of the law. However, carry of firearms in the building is prohibited per the employee manual (but not with 30.06/30.07 language), so it would serve as a justification to termination. Fortunately, I work from home most of the time.

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

Flightmare wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:28 pm
Lynyrd wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:21 pm https://patch.com/illinois/aurora/activ ... uorra-cops

My work does not have 30.06/30.07 signs posted, so carrying would not be a violation of the law. However, carry of firearms in the building is prohibited per the employee manual (but not with 30.06/30.07 language), so it would serve as a justification to termination. Fortunately, I work from home most of the time.
I'm sorry you have to be defenseless at work. I was lucky in that I reported directly to the policy maker. And it took me two years to get our policy changed. Little by little, I fed information until he understood.

The news today of this workplace shooting is extremely troubling. You never know when someone is going to snap. Prayers for the victims who just went to work this morning expecting it to be a normal Friday.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

OneGun
Posts in topic: 1

Post by OneGun »

[Sarcasm] Wait, there are still guns in ILLANNOY? JB was elected Governor and signed into law that gun dealers have to licensed by the state and pay an exorbitant fee. The goal is to run gun stores out of state. So, how did this guy buy a gun?? [End Sarcasm]

The lone wolf, either a disgruntled employee or an upset ex-significant other is the hardest to defend against. Keep your head on a swivel.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I work in a local hospital and must wear scrubs. Probably the only way I could practically carry at work would be with my shoulder rig. I used a fanny pack years ago, but it is long gone. I would rather have my M4 in a bag near me instead of carrying a handgun on body somehow. Even the shoulder rig would not work well in scrubs since in order to remain concealed, as I'm sure it would have to be if by some miracle I was allowed to ever be armed at work anyway, it would have to be under the scrubs and then access is near impossible.

According to our employee rules we're not even allowed to have a pocket knife of any length. This was also explained during new employee orientation by HR and other administrators. Like Flightmare's situation, there's nothing they could do other than fire someone for having a pocket knife, but finding another position at another facility in my profession is not easy.

My hospital is very prominently and thoroughly posted with proper signage at all entrances.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Training priority should be "Fight, Run, Hide"
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

DynamicDan
Posts in topic: 2

Post by DynamicDan »

Another person that people knew was troubled.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/16/us/illin ... index.html

Was apparently a convicted felon who passed a background check and got some sort of license from Illinois to buy a gun. He then applied for a CHL and he did not pass as his fingerprints matched I guess his old name in MS where he was an ex felon.

So the police sent him a letter telling him to voluntarily turn in his gun.

We need more laws!!!!

Had a green laser sight. Look to see laws about them next.

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

philip964 wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:37 pm https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/16/us/illin ... index.html

Was apparently a convicted felon who passed a background check and got some sort of license from Illinois to buy a gun. He then applied for a CHL and he did not pass as his fingerprints matched I guess his old name in MS where he was an ex felon.

We need more laws!!!!

Why he was not arrested by FBI and charged with a felon with firearm?
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Bill Anderson

Post by Bill Anderson »

Beiruty wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:54 pm Why he was not arrested by FBI and charged with a felon with firearm?
He's a Democrat

DynamicDan

Post by DynamicDan »

Another failure by law enforcement, but it is law abiding gun owners who continue to be vilified.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Beiruty wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:54 pm Why he was not arrested by FBI and charged with a felon with firearm?
The government wants more gun laws that they are too lazy or incompetent to enforce.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Paladin wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:50 pm Training priority should be "Fight, Run, Hide"
Or “fight, cover and reload, fight”
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Topic author
Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Beiruty wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:54 pm
philip964 wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:37 pm https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/16/us/illin ... index.html

We need more laws!!!!

Why he was not arrested by FBI and charged with a felon with firearm?
Because that would mean that we don't need more gun laws, we just need to enforce the ones we have.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”