5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 12

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

Post by bblhd672 »

dlh wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:46 am Law enforcement, prosecutors, and judges have huge amounts of power.
Always sad to see that power abused in cases like this.
Welcome to the United Police States of Former America.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Bill Anderson
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Bill Anderson »

The blue line and 100 Club stickers are off my truck and unlikely to ever return. The rot is too deep.

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 4

Post by RoyGBiv »

The news on this keeps getting worse.....

C.I. Whose Heroin Buy Led to a Deadly Houston Drug Raid Does Not Seem to Exist
The no-knock search warrant for the drug raid that killed a middle-aged couple in their Houston home on January 28 seems to have been based on a "controlled buy" that never happened by a confidential informant who does not exist. According to a February 8 search warrant affidavit obtained by KPRC, the NBC station in Houston, investigators looking into the raid at 7815 Harding Street, the home of Dennis Tuttle and Rhogena Nicholas, have been unable to identify the C.I. who supposedly bought heroin from Tuttle the day before.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

DynamicDan
Posts in topic: 12

Post by DynamicDan »

Unnessary tragedy

puma guy
Posts in topic: 20

Post by puma guy »

Bill Anderson wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:00 pm The blue line and 100 Club stickers are off my truck and unlikely to ever return. The rot is too deep.
Dissing honest police and firefighters by removing your 100 Club sticker for the acts of a few rogue police officers is of course your prerogative, but i believe the majority are upstanding, honest people trying to do the best they can, willing to put their life on the line every time a call comes in. I will continue to proudly display my 100 Club emblem and other organization stickers that show support for them.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Beiruty »

RoyGBiv wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:23 am The news on this keeps getting worse.....

The no-knock search warrant for the drug raid that killed a middle-aged couple in their Houston home on January 28 seems to have been based on a "controlled buy" that never happened by a confidential informant who does not exist. According to a February 8 search warrant affidavit obtained by KPRC, the NBC station in Houston, investigators looking into the raid at 7815 Harding Street, the home of Dennis Tuttle and Rhogena Nicholas, have been unable to identify the C.I. who supposedly bought heroin from Tuttle the day before.

By today's news, it is a scandal of the 3rd degree. A lot of people have to be fired, and the Chief has to resign.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

DevilDawg
Posts in topic: 2

Post by DevilDawg »

The simple fact that this dirty cop has grown into a career of 30yrs and wasn’t disciplined before shows that the rot is too deep to give the “rogue officer” theory much credeance. Are the majority of officers well intended and human, sure. But their silence and lack of willingness to expose and remove the rot speaks much louder. The blue wall is killing any credibility the PD might have had left.

There needs to be several levels of PD in court facing charges for letting this happen and the Chief needs to be relieved. He should not be able to get the smear of his willingness to murder civilians off his CV. The mayor also needs to be held accountable as this was his decision to keep a Chief of questionable morality on after his election.

WildBill
Posts in topic: 81

Post by WildBill »

RoyGBiv wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:23 am The news on this keeps getting worse.....

Even stranger still - the title of this thread is 5 Officers Shot - the latest version states 4 Officers were shot. :headscratch
Acevedo seems to be having second thoughts about the routine use of no-knock warrants and "dynamic entry" to execute search warrants in drug cases.
"After I've had four officers shot and two suspects killed," he said, "we'll be tightening that up."
NRA Endowment Member

Grumpy1993
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Grumpy1993 »

Bushwhacker wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:21 pm
C-dub wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:56 pmIf they lied, WHY? If they hit the house they intended to hit and lied to get the warrant, why?
Didn't the union president answer that already?
:iagree:

Here's what we know so far.

A married couple were in their home. Neither had a felony record. Neither was accused of a violent crime. They were good neighbors by all credible accounts.

A paramilitary force broke into their home and killed them. That paramilitary force works for Art Acevedo and Sylvester Turner.

Before their bodies were cold, Art Acevedo went public with a demand for more gun laws. Not gun laws to limit the firepower of paramilitary groups but to disarm civilians. The ONLY purpose of those laws is to deny innocent people tools to defend themselves from paramilitary death squads and other violent criminals.

Houston Police union president Joe Gamaldi went public to defame the murdered couple and praise the unprovoked, without-warning, paramilitary assault on their quiet suburban home.

That's what we know.

There are many theories but one which stands out, based on the known character of the murdered couple, and the known character of Acevedo, is the whole thing was planned by Acevedo and others to support their ongoing attack on the Bill of Rights. OCCAM'S RAZOR
Bonnen Lied
Gun Rights Died

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Beiruty »

I posted on FB page
A mom called the Houston, TX Police Department and informed that her (58 years old) daughter is doing drugs at her own house
Police claimed a mom was worried that a young woman was doing drugs at drug house.
A fake 2-weeks drug investigation was invented
A controlled buy of Heroin with help of "Confidential Informant " was claimed out of the thin air
A lot of Heroin baggies were imagined at said house
A 9mm pistol was magically made to be at the said house while the heroin was bought
A fraudulent search warrant was made with 100% bogus information
A no-knock search warrant was issued by a Judge based on invented crimes
A raid by the SWAT was conducted at said "drug house"
Both the male homeowner and the daughter of the "complaining mom" , his wife, and their dog were shot and killed by the Police.
5-officers raiding the house were shot in self defense by the home owners
Police claimed the home owners were shooting at the house invaders, the police team, with 357 revolver.

After the raid:
Chief Art Acevedo of Houston Police Department went on a fiery news conference complaining about proliferation of legal gun owners in Texas and the use of security Cameras by homeowners. (None could be found at the raided house)

At said raided house,

No 9mm pistol was found
No 357 revolver was found
Not a single pistol of any caliber was found
No Baggies of heroin were found
No Heroin of any amount was found
No informant could be found who can testify that he did the controlled sale at said house
There was no controlled buy drugs of any kind
There was no 2-weeks drug investigation of any kind

Chief Art Acevedo of Houston Police Department do the right thing and "Resign!"
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Pete92FS
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Pete92FS »

The only heroin found was in Goines vehicle and that was "unreported" heroin. Was the plan to "plant" this heroin in the house after the raid but he wasn't able to follow through since he was one of the officer's shot? The Texas Rangers need to do an independent investigation because I don't think we'll ever get a straight answer out of the chief.

That being said - the 100 club sticker and blue lives matter stickers stay on my vehicle for now.
CHL since 01/26/09

WildBill
Posts in topic: 81

Post by WildBill »

Pete92FS wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:15 pm The only heroin found was in Goines vehicle and that was "unreported" heroin. Was the plan to "plant" this heroin in the house after the raid but he wasn't able to follow through since he was one of the officer's shot? The Texas Rangers need to do an independent investigation because I don't think we'll ever get a straight answer out of the chief.
So if Goines was not wounded, that could have been the end of it and then business as usual. A scary thought.
NRA Endowment Member

gamboolman
Posts in topic: 1

Post by gamboolman »

Beiruty,

Thank you for the concise sequential summary. This was very helpful to me as I have not been following the thread.
Beiruty wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:27 am I posted on FB page
A mom called the Houston, TX Police Department and informed that her (58 years old) daughter is doing drugs at her own house
Police claimed a mom was worried that a young woman was doing drugs at drug house.
A fake 2-weeks drug investigation was invented
A controlled buy of Heroin with help of "Confidential Informant " was claimed out of the thin air
A lot of Heroin baggies were imagined at said house
A 9mm pistol was magically made to be at the said house while the heroin was bought
A fraudulent search warrant was made with 100% bogus information
A no-knock search warrant was issued by a Judge based on invented crimes
A raid by the SWAT was conducted at said "drug house"
Both the male homeowner and the daughter of the "complaining mom" , his wife, and their dog were shot and killed by the Police.
5-officers raiding the house were shot in self defense by the home owners
Police claimed the home owners were shooting at the house invaders, the police team, with 357 revolver.

After the raid:
Chief Art Acevedo of Houston Police Department went on a fiery news conference complaining about proliferation of legal gun owners in Texas and the use of security Cameras by homeowners. (None could be found at the raided house)

At said raided house,

No 9mm pistol was found
No 357 revolver was found
Not a single pistol of any caliber was found
No Baggies of heroin were found
No Heroin of any amount was found
No informant could be found who can testify that he did the controlled sale at said house
There was no controlled buy drugs of any kind
There was no 2-weeks drug investigation of any kind

Chief Art Acevedo of Houston Police Department do the right thing and "Resign!"
gamboolman
TSRA , GOA & NRA Life Member

Odinvalknir
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Odinvalknir »

Jason Todd wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:11 pm
Pete92FS wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:15 pm The only heroin found was in Goines vehicle and that was "unreported" heroin.
In other words, it was Gerald Goines' personal inventory. So, is he a street level dealer or higher up in the hierarchy?
Or he used it to set people up and planted it on unsuspecting people to get arrests.

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 17

Post by K.Mooneyham »

philip964 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:06 pm ABC 13 reported:

“According to the court documents, police recovered four guns, about 18 grams of marijuana and about 1.5 grams of an unknown white powder.”

Is 1 gram very much?

Attorney familiar with drug operations said he would have expected to find scales and unused baggies if it was a drug operation.
Found this on the 'Net, not sure exactly how old the info is, so take it for what it's worth, but still, kind of indicative.
The smallest amount of cocaine you can typically buy on the streets is half a gram. This can run anywhere from $20-50 USD. A single gram of cocaine costs between $50-150 USD. Again, prices vary by purity, location, and mood of the dealer.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”