Lewisville: Convenience Store Clerk Shot to Death During Armed Robbery

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Lewisville: Convenience Store Clerk Shot to Death During Armed Robbery

Post by bblhd672 »

Armed robbers walked in and opened fire, apparently not risking encountering an armed clerk. For $217.
https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Lewis ... 86071.html
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

philip964
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Lewisville: Convenience Store Clerk Shot to Death During Armed Robbery

Post by philip964 »

very sad

RIP

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

When they put the needle in his arm, that $217 will just about cover the cost of the drugs the State will use to put him down with!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bblhd672 »

crazy2medic wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:44 am When they put the needle in his arm, that $217 will just about cover the cost of the drugs the State will use to put him down with!
Which is minuscule in comparison to the hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars defending him at trial, numerous appeals, food, medical care and incarceration cost. And it will probably be 20 years later than the day he’s convicted.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Maybe he won’t come peacefully and it’ll get taken care of for about $0.35.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Very close to the site of another armed holdup/murder in Lewisville late last November. What is going on in that area?

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/loca ... 27370.html

stroo

Post by stroo »

I lived across the street from there 30 years ago for six months. Not a horrible area but right off 35.

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

Redneck_Buddha wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:31 pm Very close to the site of another armed holdup/murder in Lewisville late last November. What is going on in that area?

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/loca ... 27370.html
Your question is interesting in light of a conversation that was going in a Facebook group from a neighboring city today. A number of Lewisville residents spoke up, saying that the city is mostly safe and I think that they are correct. But there are a couple of sections where there seem to be a lot of people with time on their hands during the day and it is also very close to I-35 and the capability of disappearing quickly after an incident. Lewisville has a big drug taskforce which indicates that there are drug problems within the jurisdiction. There was a lot of other conversation in the Facebook group which I won't repeat here. Clearly Lewisville, like several surrounding communities, is stratified in socio-economics.

Personally, I've driven through that section a number of times recently on the way to a car dealership. Perhaps I'm paranoid but my spidey senses were on full alert before this recent murder and I'm glad that I can travel armed. That said, I doubt if the clerk being armed would have helped her. I'm not sure about the liquor store owner. That one happened after hours. I've been in the area for more than 13 years and my opinion is that the area is not improving in that time.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

dlh

Post by dlh »

I think there is better video--both in the store--and outside the store--than the poor still-shot the police provided the public for identification purposes. Hope they catch the murderers soon. Time for the legislature to open up employment opportunities for Old Sparky.
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

striker55

Post by striker55 »

Convenience stores and front desk at hotels don't pay enough considering the danger. Hotel I worked for got held up twice on 3rd shift, both times it was my day off. Could have gone badly for one of us.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”