Benchmade responds

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

proudpirate
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Benchmade responds

Post by proudpirate »

Sounds like they are making a concerted effort to own up to their mistake.

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 2

Post by K.Mooneyham »

And owning it means changing our behaviors in this area.
THAT is what will remain to be seen. Are they sincere or just doing damage control? I own knives by a few different manufacturers, Benchmade doesn't happen to be one of them. Whether I ever purchase one of their knives, at this point I really couldn't say.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

AndyC wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:05 am Opening a new thread as I don't want this unseen in the existing thread. In the interests of fair play, here's an interview with Benchmade:

https://www.recoilweb.com/benchmade-ant ... 47462.html
BTW, “Patrick Roberts” is our own Killerfly128.

Hickock45 described almost exactly the same kind of dilemma in this recent video...somewhere in the first 20-25 minutes:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

rtschl

Post by rtschl »

TAM,

That was awesome. He really nails it with his hypothetical illustrations. But sadly you will still have people bash the NRA.
Ron
NRA Member

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

rtschl wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:08 pm But sadly you will still have people bash the NRA.
That would be me. The NRA is no longer a viable solution to gun rights activism. The amount of compromise they allow, simply does not meet my interpretation of “... shall not be infringed.” The Firearms Policy Coalition (FPC) and Gun Owners of America (GOA) are great 2nd ammendment supporting organizations that do not bend their standards to appease the gun control community. They fight courtroom battles daily to combat the attack on our rights. In my opinion the NRA is no longer what it used to be, if it really ever was.

Edit: The NRA might be larger, but FPC and GOA do FAR more to protect our rights.

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

jb2012 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:07 pm
rtschl wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:08 pm But sadly you will still have people bash the NRA.
That would be me. The NRA is no longer a viable solution to gun rights activism. The amount of compromise they allow, simply does not meet my interpretation of “... shall not be infringed.” The Firearms Policy Coalition (FPC) and Gun Owners of America (GOA) are great 2nd ammendment supporting organizations that do not bend their standards to appease the gun control community. They fight courtroom battles daily to combat the attack on our rights. In my opinion the NRA is no longer what it used to be, if it really ever was.

Edit: The NRA might be larger, but FPC and GOA do FAR more to protect our rights.
Divide and conquer my friend!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

flechero

Post by flechero »

They may not be the "best" group out there but considering that millions of us haven't even heard of the fpc, and many don't know goa. I'll bet you a week's salary that the NRA does way more than either... or both, combined. even if it's stances are watered down for your taste. Without the NRA, the FPC and GOA would be little more than treehouse clubs. Not saying they aren't fantastic groups but they are tiny in comparison and don't have the reach, or the horsepower to do what the NRA is doing. By not supporting the NRA you are doing more to help the left than you are helping anyone who gives a poop about the 2A.

You might think I'm a sell out- because I can live without a full auto or a can... further, I don't really care that I had to pay for a LTC. So the NRA supports what most of it's members can live with and that affords them the opportunity to do the most good with the resources they have. Spending it all to save something like bump stocks [or insert your hill to die on here] may make you happy but it will cost them the fight on 10-15 other fronts. And they would have lost that one as well. Like you and I the NRA has to be accountable to it's family and utilize resources that can do the most good for the membership at large, not necessarily fight every single challenge the 2A.

We are on the same team... :tiphat:

TXHawk
Posts in topic: 4

Post by TXHawk »

AndyC wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:05 am Opening a new thread as I don't want this unseen in the existing thread. In the interests of fair play, here's an interview with Benchmade:

https://www.recoilweb.com/benchmade-ant ... 47462.html

Here is another one. They don't even know the ramifications of the bills they support. I went into this with an open mind but this is just deer in the headlights double speak.

https://guntalk.com/gun-talk-radio/benc ... t-gun-bill
The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government.
Thomas Jefferson

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Benchmade is a solid company making quality knives and I’ll leave it there. I like their knives.

TXHawk

Post by TXHawk »

parabelum wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:12 pm Benchmade is a solid company making quality knives and I’ll leave it there. I like their knives.

I like their knives as well but actions speak louder than words and you can see what they believe as a company by where they spend their money and the legislative bills they support. It is a shame.
The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government.
Thomas Jefferson

TXHawk

Post by TXHawk »

I have been disappointed with the NRA on many fronts but there is new blood coming. I am not going to try and talk you into supporting or not supporting the NRA either way but give this Podcast a fair listen and see what you think.

Thomas Jefferson

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

flechero wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:14 pm

They may not be the "best" group out there but considering that millions of us haven't even heard of the fpc, and many don't know goa. I'll bet you a week's salary that the NRA does way more than either... or both, combined. even if it's stances are watered down for your taste. Without the NRA, the FPC and GOA would be little more than treehouse clubs. Not saying they aren't fantastic groups but they are tiny in comparison and don't have the reach, or the horsepower to do what the NRA is doing. By not supporting the NRA you are doing more to help the left than you are helping anyone who gives a poop about the 2A.

You might think I'm a sell out- because I can live without a full auto or a can... further, I don't really care that I had to pay for a LTC. So the NRA supports what most of it's members can live with and that affords them the opportunity to do the most good with the resources they have. Spending it all to save something like bump stocks [or insert your hill to die on here] may make you happy but it will cost them the fight on 10-15 other fronts. And they would have lost that one as well. Like you and I the NRA has to be accountable to it's family and utilize resources that can do the most good for the membership at large, not necessarily fight every single challenge the 2A.

We are on the same team... :tiphat:

Maybe I'm missing something, but I have not heard of a single gun grabbing group, say anything about the organizations you mentioned. From MDA, everytown, the Brady group, etc, they are all afraid of the NRA influence, and scope. When asked who she saw as her number one enemy, HRC, unequivocally said, the NRA. Maybe because they haven't called for armed revolt, you feel they are not radical enough, but who will we take up arms against? Our next door neighbors? My second cousin? The NRA, is not only fighting for us, in DC, but in every state, in every city, everyday. They have been instrumental, in restoring our rights, all over the country. It wasn't too long ago, that we here in Texas, could not carry guns, outside our homes. And while we don't have unrestricted carry everywhere yet, we are getting there. I have no issue, with any other pro 2A group, there are several out there fighting for us, but, none of them would even exist, or have any influence at all, if it weren't for the NRA. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

bbhack

Post by bbhack »

Jusme wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:33 pm
Maybe I'm missing something, but I have not heard of a single gun grabbing group, say anything about the organizations you mentioned. From MDA, everytown, the Brady group, etc, they are all afraid of the NRA influence, and scope. When asked who she saw as her number one enemy, HRC, unequivocally said, the NRA. Maybe because they haven't called for armed revolt, you feel they are not radical enough, but who will we take up arms against? Our next door neighbors? My second cousin? The NRA, is not only fighting for us, ...
A little over 100 years ago it was Russian against his neighbor. Maybe against his family in some cases. The Bible teaches that no one is good.
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Jusme wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:33 pm
Maybe I'm missing something, but I have not heard of a single gun grabbing group, say anything about the organizations you mentioned. From MDA, everytown, the Brady group, etc, they are all afraid of the NRA influence, and scope. When asked who she saw as her number one enemy, HRC, unequivocally said, the NRA. Maybe because they haven't called for armed revolt, you feel they are not radical enough, but who will we take up arms against? Our next door neighbors? My second cousin? The NRA, is not only fighting for us, in DC, but in every state, in every city, everyday. They have been instrumental, in restoring our rights, all over the country. It wasn't too long ago, that we here in Texas, could not carry guns, outside our homes. And while we don't have unrestricted carry everywhere yet, we are getting there. I have no issue, with any other pro 2A group, there are several out there fighting for us, but, none of them would even exist, or have any influence at all, if it weren't for the NRA. JMHO
:iagree:

That's kind of where I am on this thing. I like that there is more than one organization out there fighting for the right to keep and bear arms...but I still believe the NRA, as the biggest, scares the grabbers the most.

Return to “Off-Topic”