Gun fires if you pull the trigger!

There is seemingly no end to the extent to which anti-gun people and groups will lie about guns and gun owners. Post links to articles by these masters of prevarication here.

Moderator: carlson1

mccloven27
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Gun fires if you pull the trigger!

Post by mccloven27 »

While it is hilarious I would give the benefit of the doubt and assume she is talking about the lack of a manual safety on the Glock. Poor wording for sure though.

Looking further before I post this it looks like she clarified this in a a later post.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 4

Post by mojo84 »

mccloven27 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:58 pm While it is hilarious I would give the benefit of the doubt and assume she is talking about the lack of a manual safety on the Glock. Poor wording for sure though.

Looking further before I post this it looks like she clarified this in a a later post.
The point of the backlash is that a loaded gun laying in a bathroom stall is very dangerous. Whether it has a manual safety or not is marginslly different when it comes to how dangerous it is. Either one will fire when when the trigger is pulled. Just need to flip the manual lever off on one of them.

I also think people are sick of those that really don't know much of anything about guns making and advocating for more gun laws.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

mccloven27

Post by mccloven27 »

mojo84 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:11 pm
mccloven27 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:58 pm While it is hilarious I would give the benefit of the doubt and assume she is talking about the lack of a manual safety on the Glock. Poor wording for sure though.

The point of the backlash is that a loaded gun laying in a bathroom stall is very dangerous. Whether it has a manual safety or not is marginslly different when it comes to how dangerous it is. Either one will fire when when the trigger is pulled. Just need to flip the manual lever off on one of them.

I also think people are sick of those that really don't know much of anything about guns making and advocating for more gun laws.
I don't disagree at all that she sounds like a moron, I also don't disagree that the lack of a manual safety is super relevant. However I could see how you could, especially if you are uneducated when it comes to firearms, think a lack of a manual safety makes a handgun "more dangerous". If someone that is unfamiliar with the operation gets a hold of it a manual safety could prevent a negligent discharge.

I absolutely agree that these are the types of people that shouldn't be making/suggesting policy around firearms though.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 4

Post by mojo84 »

Someone ignorant enough to pick up a gun they find in a bathroom stall and pull the trigger is ignorant and stupid enough to flip some switches and then pull the trigger of a gun with a safety. I would tend to agree with you if the triggers on guns without safeties had lite triggers but most unmodified Glocks do not have a trigger that is easy to pull without intentionally pulling the trigger or activate the trigger without a few pounds of pressure and pressing the trigger tab/switch.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

DynamicDan
Posts in topic: 1

Post by DynamicDan »

If a cop leaves his gun in a restroom, then he should no longer be a cop. Knowing where your weapon is should be your first priority.

Dantastic

Post by Dantastic »

DynamicDan wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:37 pm If a cop leaves his gun in a restroom, then he should no longer be a cop. Knowing where your weapon is should be your first priority.
Agreed :iagree:

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Bitter Clinger »

"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Topic author
crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

For the second time I've had somebody inform me that my gun was cocked, I told them yes it's safest that way! I just love the look of confusion on their face!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

txpilot

Post by txpilot »

Maybe she can get a new job at https://www.howstuffworks.com/

Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

Sad :woohoo
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

Per Ron White "You can't fix stupid." :tiphat:
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

Return to “Anti-gun propaganda and other lies!”