Rodeo grounds

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Odinvalknir
Posts in topic: 4

Rodeo grounds

Post by Odinvalknir »

Is concealed carry carried allowed outside of the concert venue at the rodeo? Basically at the fair grounds and livestock/vendor areas? Anywhere not including the stadium concert area?

Odiferous
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Rodeo grounds

Post by Odiferous »

Posted 30.06 and 30.07.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Are you talking about the Fair Park fair grounds in Dallas? Or another location?

If the property, is city/county owned, the only time the arena would be prohibited, is during a sporting event i.e. a rodeo. Since I'm not sure of the exact location, I can't give you a better answer.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Liberty
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Liberty »

There is only one real rodeo going on right now.
Houston.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

Liberty wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:01 am There is only one real rodeo going on right now.
Houston.
Maybe. But no one outside of Harris county cares. :biggrinjester:
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

School sponsored events in livestock areas may be off limits.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Topic author
Odinvalknir

Post by Odinvalknir »

Sorry I meant Houston, and I mean the area around NRG stadium. We won't be going to any of the concerts this year. Yet another stupid place to allow criminals to carry andaw abiding citizen not to.

Gator Guy

Post by Gator Guy »

The rodeo is a professional sporting event. The carnival rides aren't. The carnival also isn't an "amusement park" under 46.035.

The property is owned or leased by a governmental entity, so real peace officers don't enforce 30.06 on the property. Thugs do.

Your mileage may vary.
"A wise and frugal government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned."

roadkill

Post by roadkill »

I thought Houston had metal detectors and wands at the gates and wouldn’t let you enter the grounds with a firearm.

canvasbck

Post by canvasbck »

It is illegally posted (County owned property). They have been turned into the AGs office multiple times, but the way AG complaints work, the rodeo is over by the time they get to it and are in compliance since the signs have come down. Really shady stuff going on with this one.
"All bleeding eventually stops.......quit whining!"

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

canvasbck wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:40 am It is illegally posted (County owned property). They have been turned into the AGs office multiple times, but the way AG complaints work, the rodeo is over by the time they get to it and are in compliance since the signs have come down. Really shady stuff going on with this one.
:iagree: same “stuff” every year. The real crime is in the parking lots.
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

montgomery

Post by montgomery »

Odiferous wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:08 am Posted 30.06 and 30.07.
Confirmed - every year this is 30.06 and 30.07 posted at ticket booths. Each entrance has metal detector AND you get wanded before entry to grounds. The entire NRG park is the biggest gun free zone in Texas during Rodeo.

Not that this matters, but there is also a high number of armed plain clothes security folks intermingling and milling about, primarily in the carnival area.

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

Not that this matters, but there is also a high number of armed plain clothes security folks intermingling and milling about, primarily in the carnival area.
As in professional sporting events, I'm less worried about security inside the event than I am leaving a gun in the car and getting to and from the event.
Psalm 91:2

Topic author
Odinvalknir

Post by Odinvalknir »

Sigh... Guess I'll have to leave my firearm at home, so as not to take away from the family having fun. Hard to believe the people who put this kind of event on would be anti 2a anti LTC.

Gator Guy

Post by Gator Guy »

roadkill wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:28 am I thought Houston had metal detectors and wands at the gates and wouldn’t let you enter the grounds with a firearm.
Like I said, the property is owned or leased by a governmental entity, so real peace officers don't enforce 30.06 on the property, but thugs do.
"A wise and frugal government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned."

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”