HB 357 Constitutional Carry

This forum is for general legislative discussions not specific to any given legislative session. It will remain open.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
TXHawk
Posts in topic: 2

HB 357 Constitutional Carry

Post by TXHawk »

There is zero reason TX does not have Constitutional carry already but I hoped we would get it this session. Kansas had it in 2015 and Oklahoma looks like they will this year. For a "gun friendly" state it seems to me we are lagging far behind on pro gun measures.

I read that TX Constitutional Carry is stuck in committee and could not understand how with a Republican majority. House Speaker Bonnen appointed a Democrat Chairman of the committee the bill is in. Then I found this article full of condescending intellectual dishonesty from our newly elected House Speaker. I am furious with Speaker Bonnen. Maybe NRA D Rate Democrat Poncho Nevarez will let this out of committee for a floor vote but I just don't see it.

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/poli ... 29025.html
The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government.
Thomas Jefferson

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 1

Re: HB 357 Constitutional Carry

Post by Pawpaw »

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Topic author
TXHawk

Post by TXHawk »

Pawpaw wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:19 pm https://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic ... 45&t=94723

Read what Charles wrote.
I missed that one. Thanks for the direction. So I was right....we have been stabbed in the back.
The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government.
Thomas Jefferson

PriestTheRunner

Post by PriestTheRunner »

TXHawk wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:27 pm I missed that one. Thanks for the direction. So I was right....we have been stabbed in the back.
Blatantly. "The GOP will save us"

Stripes Dude

Post by Stripes Dude »

Kentucky just passed constitutional carry and the governor already signed it. One more state whose republicans care more about their citizens rights than these clowns we vote for in TX.

Starting to think the only way I’ll see my constitutional rights as they are meant to be is by moving out of state.

Grumpy1993

Post by Grumpy1993 »

1911 Raptor wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:25 pm
Stripes Dude wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:04 pm Kentucky just passed constitutional carry and the governor already signed it. One more state whose republicans care more about their citizens rights than these clowns we vote for in TX.

Starting to think the only way I’ll see my constitutional rights as they are meant to be is by moving out of state.
It is the only way. Texas continues to fall as a 2A state and it’s the leaders of a few organizations that are at fault. I am waiting for my son to graduate high school and college then we are off to s state that cares about constitutional rights! Yes I am a Native Texan and a life member of the NRA. It’s the TSRA I have issues with.
Do you have any suggestions? If the GOP majority really stabbed us in the back with their choice for Speaker of the House, and 46.035 still isn't repealed this session, maybe it's time to accept Texas is past the tipping point and save myself.
Bonnen Lied
Gun Rights Died

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

PriestTheRunner wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:46 pm
TXHawk wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:27 pm I missed that one. Thanks for the direction. So I was right....we have been stabbed in the back.
Blatantly. "The GOP will save us"
:smilelol5:
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Grumpy1993

Post by Grumpy1993 »

1911 Raptor wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:14 pm
Grumpy1993 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:05 pm
1911 Raptor wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:25 pm
Stripes Dude wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:04 pm Kentucky just passed constitutional carry and the governor already signed it. One more state whose republicans care more about their citizens rights than these clowns we vote for in TX.

It is the only way. Texas continues to fall as a 2A state and it’s the leaders of a few organizations that are at fault. I am waiting for my son to graduate high school and college then we are off to s state that cares about constitutional rights! Yes I am a Native Texan and a life member of the NRA. It’s the TSRA I have issues with.
Do you have any suggestions? If the GOP majority really stabbed us in the back with their choice for Speaker of the House, and 46.035 still isn't repealed this session, maybe it's time to accept Texas is past the tipping point and save myself.
Well second amendment states Idaho looks damn good and is one we have been thinking about. I fear Texas will be blue sooner rather than later. We have leaders not interested in a fight but just trying to get elected by any means necessary. I am starting to subscribe to the theory we are being played by both sides and they just take tune screwing us over! We have too many RINOS in the ranks and in leadership positions that are calling the shots and to bell with the base. Other states continue to succeed where Texas fails. There is no excuse for this as we control both houses and yet it seems the Dems manage to thwart our 2A intentions. It’s total bull. We are just bidding our time then off to a state that actually listens to the majority instead of pandering to the squeaky wheel.
I would start praying for global warming if I moved to Idaho.
Bonnen Lied
Gun Rights Died

BigGuy

Post by BigGuy »

Feels like liberals from California are flooding into Texas as Texans, move out. I fear that in a couple of decades, you won't be able to tell a political difference in Texas and California.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Jason Todd wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:28 pm
BigGuy wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:54 am Feels like liberals from California are flooding into Texas as Texans, move out. I fear that in a couple of decades, you won't be able to tell a political difference in Texas and California.
It will never happen. Only because California keeps moving left. But you're right that Texas will soon be farther left than California was 25 years ago. TINVOWOOT.
The people coming to Texas from California tend to be conservatives that can no longer stomach their home state.

Chas.

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

Charles L. Cotton wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:15 pm
BigGuy wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:54 am Feels like liberals from California are flooding into Texas as Texans, move out. I fear that in a couple of decades, you won't be able to tell a political difference in Texas and California.
It will never happen. Only because California keeps moving left. But you're right that Texas will soon be farther left than California was 25 years ago. TINVOWOOT.
The people coming to Texas from California tend to be conservatives that can no longer stomach their home state.

Chas.
While this is in a large part true, there are also many than come here following jobs that moved to Texas from California. There are also those that sell high valued property in California and buy lower value property here to retire. I'm fine with both of those scenarios as long as they understand that the politics of California would ruin Texas.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

montgomery

Post by montgomery »

Couple decades?

Um, Beto almost beat Cruz. California companies are moving here by the thousand and bringing their people along with buckets of money. Next election, the only thing that will be red is the "school safety laws" that are on the table.

montgomery

Post by montgomery »

Charles L. Cotton wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:15 pm

Chas.
Politely disagree based on Beto / Cruz results and the high number of liberals from California that have come to Texas (Travis County and Montgomery County) that followed their employers here. We are over-run with that faction in my neck of the woods.

Return to “General Legislative Discussions”