Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

LDB415
Posts in topic: 18

Re: Can Beto O’Rourke really beat Ted Cruz?

Post by LDB415 »

Don't underestimate the ignorance of leftist voters or the deceitfulness of the leftist establishment.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 16

Post by TreyHouston »

DynamicDan wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:49 pm I don't think he makes it out of their debates.
Im not a dimocrate but Beto did a lot better than I thought he would debating Cruz!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Oldgringo »

LDB415 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:32 pm Don't underestimate the ignorance of leftist voters or the deceitfulness of the leftist establishment.
....all backed by the msm!

DevilDawg
Posts in topic: 4

Post by DevilDawg »

He better hope AOC doesn’t decide to pull a Hillary. The cameras can only contain so many teeth in one frame.

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 33

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Well here’s something interesting!

https://www.dailywire.com/news/44723/re ... n-saavedra
In a profile that also documented O'Rourke's involvement in a hacker group, Reuters reported: "it’s unclear whether the United States is ready for a presidential contender who, as a teenager, stole long-distance phone service for his dial-up modem, wrote a murder fantasy in which the narrator drives over children on the street, and mused about a society without money."
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Redneck_Buddha
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:00 pm Well here’s something interesting!

In a profile that also documented O'Rourke's involvement in a hacker group, Reuters reported: "it’s unclear whether the United States is ready for a presidential contender who, as a teenager, stole long-distance phone service for his dial-up modem, wrote a murder fantasy in which the narrator drives over children on the street, and mused about a society without money."
But...but...but...but it happened so long ago!

joe817
Posts in topic: 2

Post by joe817 »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:00 pm Well here’s something interesting!

Maybe it was his group that has been causing the forum to be sluggish this week. :coolgleamA:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Mel

Post by Mel »

Redneck_Buddha wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:33 pm
But...but...but...but it happened so long ago!
And...He's reformed and seen the Light! Oh, and....It's for the Children!
Mel
Airworthiness Inspector specializing in Experimental and Light-Sport Aircraft since the last Century.

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 2

Post by chasfm11 »

LDB415 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:32 pm Don't underestimate the ignorance of leftist voters or the deceitfulness of the leftist establishment.
I was in a meeting with Dan Patrick last week. I'm paraphrasing his numbers as best that I can remember them but the Republican turnout for an off year election was equal to or greater than the Republican turnout for the 2016 Presidential election. That should have been a landslide victory, given Texas voter registration. But it wasn't

The problem came in the huge number of newly registered Democratic voters. My comment is that the opening of polling places on college campuses is probably at least partly to blame for the increased numbers. But that wasn't the only issue.

Tarrant County, outside of Ft. Worth is deep red territory. Yet Cruz lost to Beto in Tarrant county. Additionally, down ballot races from Senator to judges saw incumbents lose because there was a lot of straight ticket voting for Beto. That suggests that those voters were not willing to negotiate the two pages of names. That problem is now fixed (or not, depending on your perspective) because there is no longer a straight ticket option.

Beto's campaign, according to Patrick was responsible for all of the GOP candidates losing in Dallas County, too. The Republicans were out-mobilized. That is what happens when you have the money that poured in from out of State. Make no mistake - the Democratic party clearly saw the effects of their investment. If they can turn Texas blue, there is no chance for a Republican Presidential candidate to win ever again. With that much incentive, the Beto money flood will likely pale in comparison to what happens for 2020.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 33

Post by The Annoyed Man »

chasfm11 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:44 am
I was in a meeting with Dan Patrick last week. I'm paraphrasing his numbers as best that I can remember them but the Republican turnout for an off year election was equal to or greater than the Republican turnout for the 2016 Presidential election. That should have been a landslide victory, given Texas voter registration. But it wasn't

The problem came in the huge number of newly registered Democratic voters. My comment is that the opening of polling places on college campuses is probably at least partly to blame for the increased numbers. But that wasn't the only issue.

Tarrant County, outside of Ft. Worth is deep red territory. Yet Cruz lost to Beto in Tarrant county. Additionally, down ballot races from Senator to judges saw incumbents lose because there was a lot of straight ticket voting for Beto. That suggests that those voters were not willing to negotiate the two pages of names. That problem is now fixed (or not, depending on your perspective) because there is no longer a straight ticket option.

Beto's campaign, according to Patrick was responsible for all of the GOP candidates losing in Dallas County, too. The Republicans were out-mobilized. That is what happens when you have the money that poured in from out of State. Make no mistake - the Democratic party clearly saw the effects of their investment. If they can turn Texas blue, there is no chance for a Republican Presidential candidate to win ever again. With that much incentive, the Beto money flood will likely pale in comparison to what happens for 2020.
You’re hitting the nail right on the head. Fort Worth WAS the last republican held city of significant size left in Texas, and it flipped....or is in the process of flipping. I’m told that even North Richland Hills, where I now live, went for Beto. I would not be surprised if Grapevine, where I used to live, also when for him. The GOP in Texas is in deep, DEEP trouble, and it feels like they’re just spinning their wheels and fiddling while Rome burns. There are a LOT of conservative Texans right now, who are going to be badly surprised in the next year or two...maybe LESS... when they wake up one day to find that they are living in a democrat controlled state; and they’re going to say that they didn’t see it coming. And they’re going to find out what it feels like to be a conservative and/or republican in California. The state GOP just doesn’t see the train coming down the tracks, and the tracks look like a good place to park their car.

I am very well aware of how pessimistic I sound, but I have lived through this before!!!
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Jago668
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Jago668 »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:40 pm
chasfm11 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:44 am

You’re hitting the nail right on the head. Fort Worth WAS the last republican held city of significant size left in Texas, and it flipped....or is in the process of flipping. I’m told that even North Richland Hills, where I now live, went for Beto. I would not be surprised if Grapevine, where I used to live, also when for him. The GOP in Texas is in deep, DEEP trouble, and it feels like they’re just spinning their wheels and fiddling while Rome burns. There are a LOT of conservative Texans right now, who are going to be badly surprised in the next year or two...maybe LESS... when they wake up one day to find that they are living in a democrat controlled state; and they’re going to say that they didn’t see it coming. And they’re going to find out what it feels like to be a conservative and/or republican in California. The state GOP just doesn’t see the train coming down the tracks, and the tracks look like a good place to park their car.

I am very well aware of how pessimistic I sound, but I have lived through this before!!!
Texas will be purple in 2020, and blue by 2024 or 2026. We are basically purple now.
NRA Benefactor Member

philip964
Posts in topic: 103

Post by philip964 »

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Oldgringo »

Our current FUMC preacher corrected one FUMC member's FB posts by stating that O'Rourke's Mama chose his nickname of "Beto". I wonder what name is on his arrest warrants or, like Obama, his records will be sealed by the Soros funded liberal anti-American dimocrats and their msm?

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 36

Post by bblhd672 »

Robert O’Rourke- the last white male Democrat?

http://thezman.com/wordpress/?p=16776
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

PriestTheRunner wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:50 pm(Sadly) my money is on Kamila, Beto and Bernie winding up as the three main players at the end, with Beto edging out the other two a few months into the primaries.
I disagree on Kamila Harris making it that far. I also think Bernie will end up being the nominee. Bernie supporters will not change from last time, plus he gets the sympathy vote for the way he was treated by the party last time. In addition, this time he will get the party to work for him, both because of last time and because he is the closest thing they have to a party Democrat running. O'Rourke will get some support because so many of the party see him the same as Obama (likable by the people and controllable by the party). His close election in Texas will help propel him within the party. I think Warren might be able to beat out Kamila, but both will be also-rans after the second or third primary.

This appears to be good news for the Republicans because it is their election to lose. Between the power of the incumbency, the multitude of candidates splitting the electorate, the craziness of the newest congressmen, and the falling apart of the charges against Trump, it should be a cakewalk for them. Unfortunately, I also have faith in the Republicans ability to do stupid things and lose.
Steve Rothstein

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”