Anyone fly-fish?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

mojo84
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Anyone fly-fish?

Post by mojo84 »

Since I live a mile from the Guadalupe River, I fly fish it occasionally. Usually catch plenty of perch and Guadalupe bass.

My techniques and knowledge are still at the novice level.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

talltex
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Anyone fly-fish?

Post by talltex »

Degenerate fly fisherman here--wife got me hooked on it about 15 years ago when she finally got me to come up to Colorado for a week while she and my son and her family were on one of their annual trips to Creede. Always loved to fish, and used to have a bass boat and lots of baitcasting and spinning rigs. That year she bought me a new open faced spinning reel for my birthday, a couple of weeks before I went up there. It never got out of the box--as soon as I got back I started buying flyrods and reels. Have cabin on the Rio Grande north of Creede now. Old Gringo is correct about the tailwater on the Guadalupe and if you are a Trout Unlimited member you have access to the lease easments they have along the river and they also supplement the population in the leased areas with some large Bows and Browns.
"I looked out under the sun and saw that the race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong" Ecclesiastes 9:11

"The race may not always go to the swift or the battle to the strong, but that's the way the smart money bets" Damon Runyon

Return to “Off-Topic”