Speaker Bonnen's betrayal of Texas gun-owners

This sub-forum will open on Sept. 1, 2018

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 7

Re: Speaker Bonnen's betrayal of Texas gun-owners

Post by SewTexas »

AndyC wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:53 am Bonnen's really starting to sound like an a.... a jerk.
that's an understatement
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 3

Post by crazy2medic »

Obviously this legislative session is down a rat hole! So what can be done for the next legislature isn't run by this guy?
I don't like my representative Phil King but I must admit I think he would have done better than Bonnen!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 18

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

This thread is about Speaker Bonnen, not anyone else. I've had calls from two reporters asking questions I'm not going into now. We all know enemies of the Second Amendment monitor and copy posts. Keep the thread on topic.

Chas.

joe817

Post by joe817 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:46 pm This thread is about Speaker Bonnen, not anyone else. I've had calls from two reporters asking questions I'm not going into now. We all know enemies of the Second Amendment monitor and copy posts. Keep the thread on topic.

Chas.
h

I can only imagine how difficult this session is becoming for you Charles. Thank you for your vigilance. What can we do to help?
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

:iagree:
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

RicoTX
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RicoTX »

joe817 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:51 pm I can only imagine how difficult this session is becoming for you Charles. Thank you for your vigilance. What can we do to help?
I'll be doing my part... Not voting for Rinos again in the future.
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Member
GOA Member

Grumpy1993

Post by Grumpy1993 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:24 pm Below is an article posted on TexasFirearmsCoalition.com. I'll be releasing a podcast on this today or tomorrow. This betrayal by Bonnen is astounding and it better start an avalanche of complaints via email and phone calls. These need to go not only to Dennis Bonnen's office, but to everyone else listed in the article. (Don't confuse Speaker Dennis Bonnen with his brother Greg Bonnen.) To put this in perspective, this will be the worst legislative session I've seen in my 39 years of being a legislative and political advocate. This will be an entirely defensive session, solely because of Speaker Bonnen's deliberate and calculated actions.

Chas.
This bears repeating, especially for everybody coming late to the party. Dennis Bonnen recently received a lot of favorable press, from left wing "news" sources, trying to shift the blame. Don't be fooled. He planned to kill gun rights bills from the start. Everything else is smoke and mirrors.

https://www.texasfirearmscoalition.com/ ... gun-owners
Bonnen Lied
Gun Rights Died

jordanmills
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jordanmills »

Grumpy1993 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:55 pm
Charles L. Cotton wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:24 pm Below is an article posted on TexasFirearmsCoalition.com. I'll be releasing a podcast on this today or tomorrow. This betrayal by Bonnen is astounding and it better start an avalanche of complaints via email and phone calls. These need to go not only to Dennis Bonnen's office, but to everyone else listed in the article. (Don't confuse Speaker Dennis Bonnen with his brother Greg Bonnen.) To put this in perspective, this will be the worst legislative session I've seen in my 39 years of being a legislative and political advocate. This will be an entirely defensive session, solely because of Speaker Bonnen's deliberate and calculated actions.

Chas.
This bears repeating, especially for everybody coming late to the party. Dennis Bonnen recently received a lot of favorable press, from left wing "news" sources, trying to shift the blame. Don't be fooled. He planned to kill gun rights bills from the start. Everything else is smoke and mirrors.

https://www.texasfirearmscoalition.com/ ... gun-owners
So is anyone organizing anything to keep Bonnen from happening again? I don't know if I'm up for organizing, but I'll contribute where I can.

imkopaka
Posts in topic: 2

Post by imkopaka »

This just appeared on my radar. If there is any truth to it, it will add another layer to this betrayal.

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/07/31 ... edly-tape/
“I was shocked”: Two GOP lawmakers describe recording of House Speaker Dennis Bonnen

The recording of a meeting between Bonnen and hardline conservative Michael Quinn Sullivan has not been publicly released, but Sullivan has said that Bonnen offered Sullivan's activist group media credentials in return for politically targeting 10 House members.
Never bring a knife to a gun fight.
Carry gun: Springfield XD Tactical .45

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

imkopaka wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:15 pm This just appeared on my radar. If there is any truth to it, it will add another layer to this betrayal.

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/07/31 ... edly-tape/
“I was shocked”: Two GOP lawmakers describe recording of House Speaker Dennis Bonnen

The recording of a meeting between Bonnen and hardline conservative Michael Quinn Sullivan has not been publicly released, but Sullivan has said that Bonnen offered Sullivan's activist group media credentials in return for politically targeting 10 House members.
Interesting :shock: :bigear:
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Return to “2019 Texas Legislative Session”