Bonnen Walks out on GOP Dinner... had words with McNutt

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Jeff B.
Posts in topic: 1

Bonnen Walks out on GOP Dinner... had words with McNutt

Post by Jeff B. »

https://texasscorecard.com/state/bonnen ... op-dinner/

This is what we get for our contributions to the Texas Republican Party?

The "Grass Roots" contributors should dry up until we get some real representation. I'm tired of hearing about all the "behind the scenes" work being done.

Bonnen has declared CC dead. So that's it?

Property Tax relief and reduction was supposed to be a priority this session... Oh well!

While the GOP is fiddling, Texas is turning Democrat. Due to the property taxes we've got, we've pretty well decided that on retirement we're headed back to GA or SC. It's a sad day when our taxes are driving folks out of the State. Which, to his credit, Governor Abbott comprehends.

Jeff B.
Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman

locke_n_load

Re: Bonnen Walks out on GOP Dinner... had words with McNutt

Post by locke_n_load »

I've been reading various news outlets on this entire issue. There have been some pretty big fibs. Either way, Dennis Bonnen is not fit to in the legislature, let alone Speaker.
CHL Holder since 10/08
NRA Certified Instructor
Former LTC Instructor

jason812

Post by jason812 »

#1 question to every Representative the next primary
or general election is "will you vote for Bonnen as speaker of the house?" If the answer is yes, vote for someone else.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 3

Post by chasfm11 »

Here is another article. The information in it seems to be different than other reports.

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/04/10 ... ium=social
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

chasfm11 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:13 am Here is another article. The information in it seems to be different than other reports.

"It was a setup": House Speaker Dennis Bonnen, gun rights activist come face-to-face at Texas GOP fundraiser
Their spin is typical of Texas Tribune, a very liberal leaning rag in my opinion. Bonnen initiated the entire confrontation. Most of the information reported is from Bonnen himself who is a proven duplicitous liar. If Bonnen had any class he would have ignored McNutt and carried on.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

mojo84
Posts in topic: 8

Post by mojo84 »

puma guy wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:09 am
chasfm11 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:13 am Here is another article. The information in it seems to be different than other reports.

"It was a setup": House Speaker Dennis Bonnen, gun rights activist come face-to-face at Texas GOP fundraiser
Their spin is typical of Texas Tribune, a very liberal leaning rag in my opinion. Bonnen initiated the entire confrontation. Most of the information reported is from Bonnen himself who is a proven duplicitous liar. If Bonnen had any class he would have ignored McNutt and carried on.
I agree about the Texas Tribune. It is nothing more than the PR department and propaganda machine for RINOS and "moderate" dems. They are doing everything they can to make sure Robert O'Rourke gets as much exposure as possible.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Grumpy1993
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Grumpy1993 »

puma guy wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:09 am Their spin is typical of Texas Tribune, a very liberal leaning rag in my opinion. Bonnen initiated the entire confrontation. Most of the information reported is from Bonnen himself who is a proven duplicitous liar. If Bonnen had any class he would have ignored McNutt and carried on.
Dennis Bonnen is a schoolyard bully. It's pointless to expect him to act honorably or tell the truth, even when he's caught red handed.
Bonnen Lied
Gun Rights Died

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 3

Post by chasfm11 »

jason812 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:13 pm #1 question to every Representative the next primary
or general election is "will you vote for Bonnen as speaker of the house?" If the answer is yes, vote for someone else.
We tried that with Strauss. It didn't work. People ran on a promise to vote against Strauss switched almost as soon as they reached Austin. We've been paying for ever since. The problem with their votes wasn't just Strauss.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

An even temper and strong skill set for bringing people together on an issue is required for success, and the current speaker has neither.

Elections have consequences. I blame the voters in his district and the full set of republican representatives for putting a man who is known to be prone to tantrums in the most critical position in the legislature.

They're all apparently as nutty as he is, and we'll continue to pay the price of not having decent representation as long as he's there.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 8

Post by mojo84 »

Excaliber wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:37 am
Elections have consequences. I blame the voters in his district and the full set of republican representatives for putting a man who is known to be prone to tantrums in the most critical position in the legislature.
:iagree:
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Excaliber wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:37 am An even temper and strong skill set for bringing people together on an issue is required for success, and the current speaker has neither.

They're all apparently as nutty as he is, and we'll continue to pay the price of not having decent representation as long as he's there.
:iagree: And the prices we'll pay won't be limited to 2A infringements either.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Grumpy1993
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Grumpy1993 »

1911 Raptor wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:21 pm I wonder how much money the NRA and TSRA have donated to Bonnen over the years. Did they help him get elected Speaker? Did they support him for Speaker?
I don't know about historically, but recently it's a lot less than he gets from left wing police unions.
Bonnen Lied
Gun Rights Died

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

1911 Raptor wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:21 pm I wonder how much money the NRA and TSRA have donated to Bonnen over the years. Did they help him get elected Speaker? Did they support him for Speaker?
Bonnen has an A-rating because of his voting record. It earned it and he deserved it. The NRA had no idea he would appoint anti-gun committee chairmen. No organization, including the NRA, "supports" a run for Speaker.

Chas.

jordanmills
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by jordanmills »

Depending on what you read and who you believe, he committed assault on McNutt before getting kicked out of the event.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”