Bonnen Walks out on GOP Dinner... had words with McNutt

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

mojo84
Posts in topic: 8

Re: Bonnen Walks out on GOP Dinner... had words with McNutt

Post by mojo84 »

jordanmills wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:29 pm Depending on what you read and who you believe, he committed assault on McNutt before getting kicked out of the event.
I am no Bonnen or McNutt fan. Did he really assault McNutt?
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

jordanmills
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by jordanmills »

mojo84 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:39 pm
jordanmills wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:29 pm Depending on what you read and who you believe, he committed assault on McNutt before getting kicked out of the event.
I am no Bonnen or McNutt fan. Did he really assault McNutt?
I wasn't there, so don't take it as a first person account. But that description applies to some accounts, in my opinion. I'd definitely be interested in hearing more accounts (that aren't just reprints of the Texas Tribune angle). I doubt anyone is going to say much unless they're trying to push an agenda one way or another though.

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/speaker-b ... ngagement/
We were sitting at a table in the front of the room, having been invited by a major GOP donor, Darlene Pendery, (they’ve donated a million dollars over the last years to a number of campaigns.) Bonnen came in and leaned over me, grabbed McNutt by the shoulders and began shaking him.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

I didn't recall seeing that he grabbed and shook him as the article you posted indicates.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 2

Post by SewTexas »

several of the articles have him grabbing him by the collar, others grabbing him by the shoulder....so, yeh, assault....
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TreyHouston »

SewTexas wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:19 am several of the articles have him grabbing him by the collar, others grabbing him by the shoulder....so, yeh, assault....
I wonder what would have happened the other way around? What if McNutt grabbed him from behind?
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 2

Post by SewTexas »

TreyHouston wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:43 am
SewTexas wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:19 am several of the articles have him grabbing him by the collar, others grabbing him by the shoulder....so, yeh, assault....
I wonder what would have happened the other way around? What if McNutt grabbed him from behind?
welllll, I'm think Bonnen's DPS officer would have had McNutt in cuffs before the witnesses knew what was happening. I'm really disappointed that NcNutt isn't pressing charges, he should. I know he's a nice guy and all, but Bonnen needs to be slapped a bit or he's never going to learn. I know what happens to bullies who aren't dealt with, they keep being bullies, my sister-in-law is a bully, I am her victim of choice.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

All I saw before asking my question was that they shook hands and McNutt handed him an envelope that was already addressed to Bonnen. There are too many versions of the story out there to know for sure at this point whether there was an assault or not.

When reading such stories that have numerous versions, it's important to be aware of confirmation bias. Sometimes, we only believe the side of the story that we want to believe or that supports our preconceived ideas or bias.

www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/science ... ation-bias

G.A. Heath
Posts in topic: 1

Post by G.A. Heath »

If McNutt wanted to make political hay and hurt Bonnen's position next session he would press charges, unless he was concerned about something else that may possibly relate to the incident that reportedly started this whole mess.

I suspect there is more to both incidents that is being reported, and more importantly I suspect both parties are in the wrong as is usually the case when you get such wildly different stories from both sides in two separate incidents.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

jordanmills
Banned

Post by jordanmills »

mojo84 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:25 am
All I saw before asking my question was that they shook hands and McNutt handed him an envelope that was already addressed to Bonnen. There are too many versions of the story out there to know for sure at this point whether there was an assault or not.

When reading such stories that have numerous versions, it's important to be aware of confirmation bias. Sometimes, we only believe the side of the story that we want to believe or that supports our preconceived ideas or bias.

Each of them knew the other was going to be there. They were both invited by the same donor, in an apparent effort to foster cooperation.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

jordanmills wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:11 pm

Each of them knew the other was going to be there. They were both invited by the same donor, in an apparent effort to foster cooperation.
I can accept the first two contentions but not the last one.

jordanmills
Banned

Post by jordanmills »

mojo84 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:31 pm
jordanmills wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:11 pm

I can accept the first two contentions but not the last one.
Yeah you'll note that I said "apparent" on that one. :) But the donor is Darlene Pendery, and I've read that they were both invited before the flyer canvassing and Bonnen's absurd meltdown.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

jordanmills wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:57 pm
Yeah you'll note that I said "apparent" on that one. :) But the donor is Darlene Pendery, and I've read that they were both invited before the flyer canvassing and Bonnen's absurd meltdown.
I think the bickering and jousting between the two have been going on for some time now. This was just the main event. It seems neither have handled themselves very well.

Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

Bonner wife lied McNutt was unarmed and a member of her DPS placed the flyer on her front door!
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 3

Post by chasfm11 »

Today, I had breakfast with the person who was sitting beside McNutt. Most of his version of the story matches the news story by the Tribune that I posted earlier in this thread. There is a backstory to the Kool-aid packet that appeared and it was unrelated to the situation between Bonnen and McNutt.

Whatever you might believe about Rep. Stickland or the previous House Speaker, they never got into the physical proximity that Bonnen has in the pictures with Stickland. For me, that suggests that Bonnen's willingness to drop down to physical confrontation is greater than it should be for someone in his position.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

I lost all respect for him and his Family! I hope the voters in his district will vote Him Out! :tiphat:
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”