Nobody but Ilhan Abdullahi Omar

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Redneck_Buddha
Posts in topic: 32

Re: Nobody but Ilhan Abdullahi Omar

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Jason Todd wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:12 pm
Redneck_Buddha wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:12 pm
Grumpy1993 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:00 pm If she watched Black Hawk Down, what side did she root for?
Omar is Al-Shabaab 4 Life.
She is truly the enemy within.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 13

Post by bblhd672 »

Grumpy1993 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:00 pm If she watched Black Hawk Down, what side did she root for?
"Thousands" of Somalis died as a result of their attacking US troops. I'm not losing any sleep over that. If Omar wants to advocate for Somalia and its citizens, I suggest she return there and be a leader of her native country.

Little Somalia in Minnesota...another failed legacy of the Obama administration.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 77

Post by philip964 »

Someone (maybe Nancy) pointed out there are 67 freshmen Democrats not 3.

Many are from districts that Trump won.

The 3 who are from districts that only Dems win, may cause the other 64 to lose in 2020.

This maybe the greatest legacy of Omar.

Grumpy1993
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Grumpy1993 »

Redneck_Buddha wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:31 pm
She is truly the enemy within.
:iagree:

Wow. Just wow.
Bonnen Lied
Gun Rights Died

srothstein
Posts in topic: 5

Post by srothstein »

Bitter Clinger wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:47 pmmojo84 is again both focused and correct. In recent weeks, the conversation around Islamic anti-Semitism has involved Rep. Ilhan Omar. Like the various imams and terrorists, the newly elected politician reveals the diversity of Islamic anti-Semitism. What unites Muslim anti-Semites in America isn’t geography or culture. It isn’t a local Jewish population. Instead, as we saw in last year’s rash of mosque anti-Semitism, it’s the religious teachings of Islam.
I disagree with both you and Mojo on this. I have not studied Islam that much, but I have studied Jewish history a little. I have also read what is written in the Bible (well, some of the New Testament but mostly the Tanakh). From both, I have seen how easy it is for some men to take parts of the writings out of context and use it in ways that the religious writings would never condone.

As an example from my religion, I point to 1 Samuel 15:3 where the command was to kill very man, woman, child, suckling pig, goat, and ox. There are many other verses describing Israelite brutality against Philistines. And Philistine is the linguistic basis for Palestinean. But no one puts the Jews down for being violent even though the Old Testament is a very violent book.

And the Catholic church has a long history of being anti-anything other than Catholic. Consider the Inquisition and how they treated anyone who was even suspected of not being a good Catholic (and it wasn't just Spain - they were just the most famous). The Inquisition started in the 12th Century in France and continued through 1870 (and with some changes continues still). And while very few would say that the New Testament was violent, it is easy to see how much violence has been done in its name.

There is a lot of violence being done in the name of Islam and most of it is directed against Jews, but there is also a lot of anti-Christian violence as we saw this weekend. In neither case would I say that the religious teachings say to do this. I honestly believe that it is another example of the basic precepts of a religion being twisted by some men for their own purposes. This has happened too many times in other religions for me to not see it as probable in the case of Islam.
Steve Rothstein

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 72

Post by Bitter Clinger »

srothstein wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:14 pm
Bitter Clinger wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:47 pmmojo84 is again both focused and correct. In recent weeks, the conversation around Islamic anti-Semitism has involved Rep. Ilhan Omar. Like the various imams and terrorists, the newly elected politician reveals the diversity of Islamic anti-Semitism. What unites Muslim anti-Semites in America isn’t geography or culture. It isn’t a local Jewish population. Instead, as we saw in last year’s rash of mosque anti-Semitism, it’s the religious teachings of Islam.
I disagree with both you and Mojo on this. I have not studied Islam that much, but I have studied Jewish history a little. I have also read what is written in the Bible (well, some of the New Testament but mostly the Tanakh). From both, I have seen how easy it is for some men to take parts of the writings out of context and use it in ways that the religious writings would never condone.

As an example from my religion, I point to 1 Samuel 15:3 where the command was to kill very man, woman, child, suckling pig, goat, and ox. There are many other verses describing Israelite brutality against Philistines. And Philistine is the linguistic basis for Palestinean. But no one puts the Jews down for being violent even though the Old Testament is a very violent book.

And the Catholic church has a long history of being anti-anything other than Catholic. Consider the Inquisition and how they treated anyone who was even suspected of not being a good Catholic (and it wasn't just Spain - they were just the most famous). The Inquisition started in the 12th Century in France and continued through 1870 (and with some changes continues still). And while very few would say that the New Testament was violent, it is easy to see how much violence has been done in its name.

There is a lot of violence being done in the name of Islam and most of it is directed against Jews, but there is also a lot of anti-Christian violence as we saw this weekend. In neither case would I say that the religious teachings say to do this. I honestly believe that it is another example of the basic precepts of a religion being twisted by some men for their own purposes. This has happened too many times in other religions for me to not see it as probable in the case of Islam.
Thanks. There are two additional points that I would ask you to consider:

1.0 While Judaism and later on Christianity have both had periods of violent behavior, that was in the far distant past prior to modern times and norms of behavior. Islam has not enjoyed a similar formal period of "reformation" and therefore by and large has yet to enter into modernity.
2.0 As this discussion thread has matured, I think that we have also seen the beginnings of a distinction between simply "Muslim" and Islamist. An important yet subtle distinction.

The Inquisition turned out to be a very bad move for Spain, even today Spain has not recovered its former glory. Similarly, for the ancient Israelites, when they abandoned God and demanded to have Kings, things did not fare too well for them afterward.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Bitter Clinger wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:24 pm

Thanks. There are two additional points that I would ask you to consider:

1.0 While Judaism and later on Christianity have both had periods of violent behavior, that was in the far distant past prior to modern times and norms of behavior. Islam has not enjoyed a similar formal period of "reformation" and therefore by and large has yet to enter into modernity.
2.0 As this discussion thread has matured, I think that we have also seen the beginnings of a distinction between simply "Muslim" and Islamist. An important yet subtle distinction.

The Inquisition turned out to be a very bad move for Spain, even today Spain has not recovered its former glory. Similarly, for the ancient Israelites, when they abandoned God and demanded to have Kings, things did not fare too well for them afterward.

:iagree:

mojo84
Posts in topic: 33

Post by mojo84 »

philip964 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:04 pm Someone (maybe Nancy) pointed out there are 67 freshmen Democrats not 3.

Many are from districts that Trump won.

The 3 who are from districts that only Dems win, may cause the other 64 to lose in 2020.

This maybe the greatest legacy of Omar.
There are only 3 that have taken over the dem party.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 7

Post by anygunanywhere »

Let us not forget the Catholics who were executed by Protestants post reformation. If we are going to discuss evils perpetrated in the name of religion, we need to mention everyone. What is good for the goose....

From http://catholicstraightanswers.com/what ... quisition/
Is the Catholic Church alone guilty of an “inquisition”? Hardly. During the Protestant revolt, Luther, Zwingli, Calvin, and the English Tudors all used and condoned torture and capital punishment for heresy. For instance, John Calvin, during his rule of Geneva between 1546-64, had 58 executed for heresy or serious sin, 73 exiled, and 900 imprisoned out of a population of 20,000. In England during the reign of Elizabeth I (1559-1603), over 250 Catholics were executed, many first suffering horrible tortures; many were sentenced to being hung, drawn, and quartered (hung until unconscious, disemboweled, and then cut into four pieces) and priests had the added punishment of being emasculated. Moreover, in post-Reformation Europe, Britain executed over 30,000 as witches, and Germany, over 100,000.
I am growing weary of the continual religion bashing on this forum including the trashing of Islam. Satan has his hands on every religion, and evil knows no bounds. Evil takes form in many ways from sexual perversion to murder of innocents at worship. We are all intelligent beings here and can readily discern right from wrong, for God has written it in our hearts.

Just remember. GOD WINS! Now, be on the winning side and love one another, please.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

That's because you haven't studied the New Testament enough to understand the different between the Old Testament laws and New Testament which outlines the New Covenant between God and his believers which Jesus was sacrificed for so we wouldn't have to continue und see the Old Testament laws. This is an area where Jews and Christians differ since Jews do not acknowledge the New Testament.

Here is a reasonably good comparison between Islam and Christianity when it comes to commandments to kill nonbelievers and hypocrites. http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages ... ammad.aspx

There quite a few more sources I'd be happy to share via pm if interested.
Last edited by mojo84 on Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 72

Post by Bitter Clinger »

mojo84 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:15 pm

https://www.meforum.org/4740/islam-prot ... eformation
That's because you haven't studiesd the New Testamant and enough to understand the different between the Old Testament laws and New Testament which outlines the New Covenant between God and his believers which Jesus was sacrificed for so we wouldn't have to continue und see the Old Testament laws. This is an area where Jews and Christians differ since Jews do not acknowledge the New Testament.

Here is a reasonably good comparison betwen Islam and Christianity when it comes to commandments to kill nonbelievers and hypocrites. http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages ... ammad.aspx

There quite a few more sources I'd be happy to share via pm if interested.
To wit:
https://www.meforum.org/4740/islam-prot ... eformation
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

anygunanywhere wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:06 pm

Let us not forget the Catholics who were executed by Protestants post reformation. If we are going to discuss evils perpetrated in the name of religion, we need to mention everyone. What is good for the goose....

From http://catholicstraightanswers.com/what ... quisition/
Is the Catholic Church alone guilty of an “inquisition”? Hardly. During the Protestant revolt, Luther, Zwingli, Calvin, and the English Tudors all used and condoned torture and capital punishment for heresy. For instance, John Calvin, during his rule of Geneva between 1546-64, had 58 executed for heresy or serious sin, 73 exiled, and 900 imprisoned out of a population of 20,000. In England during the reign of Elizabeth I (1559-1603), over 250 Catholics were executed, many first suffering horrible tortures; many were sentenced to being hung, drawn, and quartered (hung until unconscious, disemboweled, and then cut into four pieces) and priests had the added punishment of being emasculated. Moreover, in post-Reformation Europe, Britain executed over 30,000 as witches, and Germany, over 100,000.
I am growing weary of the continual religion bashing on this forum including the trashing of Islam. Satan has his hands on every religion, and evil knows no bounds. Evil takes form in many ways from sexual perversion to murder of innocents at worship. We are all intelligent beings here and can readily discern right from wrong, for God has written it in our hearts.

Just remember. GOD WINS! Now, be on the winning side and love one another, please.
It's not bashing to point out that one religion's book indefinitely calls for the murder of nonbelievers and hypocrites until there are none remaining.

I agree there have been very bad atrocities committed in the name of most, if not all religions in the past. However, as far as I know, there is only one that calls for the ongoing killing of all nonbelievers and hypocrites until there are none remaining. That is a basic tenent of one religion and only one relihion that I know of.

I also recognize there are some members of that religion that do not follow their religious book as closely and literally as the book commands and those people are considered moderate.

People that commit terror attacks and murder in the name of Christianity are not Christians. It can't be said those that commit similar acts in the name of Allah or Islam are not Muslim because that is what they are called to do.

I am growing weery of the continuing, almost daily, terror attacks and murder that is going unreported, unacknowledged and uncondemned. www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/site/the-list.aspx

From just the last 30 days.

www.thereligionofpeace.com/attacks/atta ... ?Yr=Last30

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 7

Post by anygunanywhere »

I understand what you are saying Mojo and I agree with your points, but if statements are made without due consideration of other faiths in an attempt to color another faith’s history in a terroristic light while ignoring the atrocities of their own is unacceptable.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

anygunanywhere wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:43 pm I understand what you are saying Mojo and I agree with your points, but if statements are made without due consideration of other faiths in an attempt to color another faith’s history in a terroristic light while ignoring the atrocities of their own is unacceptable.
I definitely believe there were plenty of atrocities committed in the name of Christianity during the crusades and some since. However, the magnitude pales in comparison to what a certain religion has committed in recent history.

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

I personally don't paint the entire Muslim faith with the terror brush, but I give no quarter to political Islamism. Been to many a Muslim country without hassle, save for Qatar.

I might say however that if there is widespread condemnation of political Islamic terror among mainstream imams, we just don't see it publicized in the media which is a shame.

Return to “Off-Topic”