Texas House backs open display of handguns in cars

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Tex1961
Posts in topic: 1

Texas House backs open display of handguns in cars

Post by Tex1961 »

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Texas House backs open display of handguns in cars

Post by The Annoyed Man »

How did this bill even get past Bonnen's Democrat committee gatekeepers for a floor vote?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

bbhack

Post by bbhack »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:50 pm How did this bill even get past Bonnen's Democrat committee gatekeepers for a floor vote?
For show? For cover?
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

canvasbck

Post by canvasbck »

I had wondered what bone they would throw us, now I know.
"All bleeding eventually stops.......quit whining!"

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

It would be nice to be able to drive with an easy-access gun under the steering wheel or between the seats, without violating the law.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

RoyGBiv wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 7:25 am It would be nice to be able to drive with an easy-access gun under the steering wheel or between the seats, without violating the law.
:iagree:
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

CoffeeNut

Post by CoffeeNut »

RoyGBiv wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 7:25 am It would be nice to be able to drive with an easy-access gun under the steering wheel or between the seats, without violating the law.
Agreed. I used to put my hat over mine but the sun had different ideas almost every time I did that.
EDC: Sig Sauer P320SC / P238

apostate

Post by apostate »

bbhack wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:12 pm
The Annoyed Man wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:50 pm How did this bill even get past Bonnen's Democrat committee gatekeepers for a floor vote?
For show? For cover?

It's already May and it's unlikely to make it through the Senate in the few weeks left, which is their plan. This is one way anti RKBA legislators in Texas have traditionally tricked organizations into giving them an A grade on gun rights. I'm a Life Member of the NRA but I can't trust their grades when cheating is so rampant, and rewarded.

"We ran out of time" really means "we didn't want it to pass and we think you're stupid enough to believe our lies. Again.".
Last edited by apostate on Fri May 03, 2019 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mob89

Post by Mob89 »

flechero
Posts in topic: 2

Post by flechero »

It was attached to a plastic drinking straw bill

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Post by The Annoyed Man »

flechero wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 8:44 am
It was attached to a plastic drinking straw bill
"rlol" "rlol" "rlol"
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

apostate wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 8:15 am It's already May and it's unlikely to make it through the Senate in the few weeks left, which is their plan. This is one way anti RKBA legislators in Texas have traditionally tricked organizations into giving them an A grade on gun rights. I'm a Life Member of the NRA but I can't trust their grades when cheating is so rampant, and rewarded.

"We ran out of time" really means "we didn't want it to pass and we think you're stupid enough to believe our lies. Again.".
Ratings need to be changed to reflect not just bills voted on but bills voted for AND those passed into law. This might encourage those voting for a bill to lobby their fellow senators/representatives to pass the bill as well.

This would be a great bill to pass into law.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Lena

Post by Lena »

Looking for opinions here:
I got into a discussion with a capt in our agency on this well the concealed part, a zip up pistol case/rug in a vehicle's seat in open view, he said illegal as showing a handgun present I asked him to open it nope no G32 but a Butterfinger bar, no firearm, he was not impressed, well illegal he did say no then yet it was prior...… We returned to our briefing I still had zipper case, just got a strange look and not discussed anymore at all.

So was a zipped up case illegal to you???????
Stay Safe

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Lena wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 9:43 am Looking for opinions here:
I got into a discussion with a capt in our agency on this well the concealed part, a zip up pistol case/rug in a vehicle's seat in open view, he said illegal as showing a handgun present I asked him to open it nope no G32 but a Butterfinger bar, no firearm, he was not impressed, well illegal he did say no then yet it was prior...… We returned to our briefing I still had zipper case, just got a strange look and not discussed anymore at all.

Nope!
Concealed is concealed, if a white hanky covers it, then it's concealed. Just like a hard plastic case with Smith and Wesson written on it. Assuming, based on experience, does not change the law. Guns can be carried in a multitude of containers, and a multitude of other things can be carried in containers designed for guns. Besides, LEO can ask if there are any guns in the vehicle, so concealed or not, they would still be made aware,( at least by those who are honest)
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Lena wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 9:43 am Looking for opinions here:

Would he consider a range bag to be not-concealed as well?
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”