2019 New LTC Processing Timeline...

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Kingbud956
Posts in topic: 6

Re: 2019 New LTC Processing Timeline...

Post by Kingbud956 »

cmcghee wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 9:00 am Been waiting 74 days now
Everything went green Feb 19 except Review and Print.
As of today it has been a 74 day wait and still *Under Review
No requests for additional information.
Called and they said they had everything just keep waiting
No Felonies ever. 1 DUI arrest over 30 years ago (listed on the application).
This is bordering on the ridiculous if some people are getting their plastic in
as little as 14 days. Whats could the holdup possibly be?

I'm in the same boat. Dwi 13 years ago and they said it will take up to 180 days even after I sent in the all the additional paperwork.

ThreeEighty
Posts in topic: 3

Post by ThreeEighty »

I fingerprinted + sent all of my paperwork this past Monday (4/29). I received a confirmation email that all of my items had been received on Monday afternoon. My status tracker appeared online Wednesday morning (5/1), and everything is green except for “print pending” this morning (5/4). After reading some posts on here, especially from those like me who have no criminal background, I’m beginning to think DPS picks at random who is going to get their apps processed in a timely manner and who is going to have to wait the full 60 days.

DynamicDan
Posts in topic: 9

Post by DynamicDan »

I think it has more to do with how fast they get the requested information for the background check back.

ThreeEighty

Post by ThreeEighty »

I could see that being a reason, too.

BettyBeretta
Posts in topic: 5

Post by BettyBeretta »

Application: April 12, 2019
Fingerprints: April 16, 2019
Uploaded LTC-100: Today, May 5th
Documents received email received on May 6th

Now we wait...

5/10 PM Website updated. All green except background check under review and print pending review.
Last edited by BettyBeretta on Sat May 11, 2019 10:19 am, edited 3 times in total.

ForeverRoosky

Post by ForeverRoosky »

ThreeEighty wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 3:14 pm I fingerprinted + sent all of my paperwork this past Monday (4/29). I received a confirmation email that all of my items had been received on Monday afternoon. My status tracker appeared online Wednesday morning (5/1), and everything is green except for “print pending” this morning (5/4). After reading some posts on here, especially from those like me who have no criminal background, I’m beginning to think DPS picks at random who is going to get their apps processed in a timely manner and who is going to have to wait the full 60 days.
I couldn’t agree more. All of my documents were in on March 17th. 8 business weeks will be May 12th, or 60 days (May 17th). If I don’t have my license by May 17th I’m filing a formal complaint and requesting my $40 back. If they can’t hold on to their end of the bargain than why should I as a lawful, paying consumer? If you’re truly this swamped then hire more workers. I still can’t get over the fact that my US Passport (paid for and documents sent at the same time) was processed and shipped WEEKS AGO...

jeaskew70

Post by jeaskew70 »

jeaskew70 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:17 am
jeaskew70 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:11 pm My timeline

3/23 - took classes
3/26 - fingerprints
3/28 - submitted ltc 100 form
4/4ish - status showed up on website (background check under review)
4/17 - still waiting for site to update (background check under review)
4/22 - still waiting for site to update (background check under review)
4/25 - called dps just to check and make sure they had everything. Was told I was under further review but she didn't know why. I was arrested once 20 years ago so I'm assuming that has something to do with it. I don't owe child support, no felonies, and don't owe taxes. Guess I'll have to wait longer!
5/7 - still waiting (background check under review)
5/23 - still waiting (background check under review)
6/19 - BACKGROUND CHECK COMPLETE! PRINT PENDING! :hurry:

FINALLY! 83 days from the time i submitted the ltc form until background check complete. Now lets see how long until I have plastic in hand!
Last edited by jeaskew70 on Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

rds040800
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rds040800 »

My 60 days was on 05/03/2019. I called today to see what was going on. The representative that I spoke with told me they were 4 days past the 60 day mark and that no request for additional information had been made. She informed me to file a formal complaint with my state rep. I sent and email to my state rep as well as the govenor concerning the issue.

Shooter McGavin
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Shooter McGavin »

Shooter McGavin wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:36 pm
Shooter McGavin wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:10 am New to the forum

2/7/19 submitted App
2/22/19 fingerprints
2/24/19 class
2/25/19 scanned and submitted ltc-100
2/25/19 received confirmation email

Stupid question but where are y’all finding the checklist. When I log in on the DPS website (with DL # and DOB) I don’t see anything

Still waiting on fingerprints and background to turn green
Everything green now says print pending.

ThreeEighty

Post by ThreeEighty »

ThreeEighty wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 3:14 pm I fingerprinted + sent all of my paperwork this past Monday (4/29). I received a confirmation email that all of my items had been received on Monday afternoon. My status tracker appeared online Wednesday morning (5/1), and everything is green except for “print pending” this morning (5/4). After reading some posts on here, especially from those like me who have no criminal background, I’m beginning to think DPS picks at random who is going to get their apps processed in a timely manner and who is going to have to wait the full 60 days.
As of today, my status tracker shows my license has been mailed.

SFD343
Posts in topic: 1

Post by SFD343 »

So my status went to "mailed on April 22nd 2019. However it is now May 11, 2019 and I still don't have it. My father 's status changed to "mailed on April 25, 209, he is still waiting on his as well. Anyone else experience this kind of delay?

Thanks

NRowl
Posts in topic: 4

Post by NRowl »

3/17 - Completed class, submitted application and ltc100.
3/18 - Received email from DPS verifying documents received.
3/19 - Electronic fingerprinting.
3/20ish - Checklist all green except finger prints and background check are under review. Print pending review.

It seems to me that if you make it through the first round of verification you get your LTC within a couple weeks. But, if add'l info is required you get put into a holding pattern until someone gets back around to looking at it which is the long delay. It appears I will have to complain in a week once my 60 days are up. As I read the laws it states that after their time period is up for more than 30 days without resolution of some sort by DPS your application is denied. As of now I'm assuming my time will be 60 days as I have yet to get any request for add'l info. Has anyone been denied and forced to reapply due to the state's lack of completion?

Thanks for any input.

Liberty
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Liberty »

NRowl wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 10:17 pm 3/17 - Completed class, submitted application and ltc100.
3/18 - Received email from DPS verifying documents received.
3/19 - Electronic fingerprinting.
3/20ish - Checklist all green except finger prints and background check are under review. Print pending review.

It seems to me that if you make it through the first round of verification you get your LTC within a couple weeks. But, if add'l info is required you get put into a holding pattern until someone gets back around to looking at it which is the long delay. It appears I will have to complain in a week once my 60 days are up. As I read the laws it states that after their time period is up for more than 30 days without resolution of some sort by DPS your application is denied. As of now I'm assuming my time will be 60 days as I have yet to get any request for add'l info. Has anyone been denied and forced to reapply due to the state's lack of completion?

Thanks for any input.
No, their failure is not an excuse to deny. An LTC is a "SHALL" issue license as long as the applicant meets the legal qualifications.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

ForeverRoosky

Post by ForeverRoosky »

Thursday, May 9th, I called DPS first thing in the morning and told them that my 8 business weeks date for waiting on my LTC would be May 12th and that 60 days is May 17th. The representative apologized for the delay and said he would look further into my application and see if he could do anything to expedite the process. The next morning, May 10th, my background check status went from pending to completed. Does anyone recall how long the print pending takes?
Attachments
8E8A7DB9-B231-4E83-9FB6-AB2B56C98581.png

Monster82
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Monster82 »

So Thursday 5/9 background check complete
Print pending. ...finally :woohoo hopefully I don't get stuck on print pending now
C'mon "mailed" I ordered a couple of holsters and a gun belt can't wait :mrgreen:

As of 7 o'clock this morning 5/14 status all green "mailed" just waiting on the plastic to arrive now!

2/28 application received
3/9 website updated to "background under review"
5/9 "print pending"
5/14 "mailed"
Now we wait on the mailman :drool:
Last edited by Monster82 on Tue May 14, 2019 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”