Delaware: Do we ever hear about Delaware

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1

Delaware: Do we ever hear about Delaware

Post by philip964 »

Bystander fires at shoplifters fleeing Delaware mall https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... l-delawar/

Bystander fires at fleeing shoplifters.

Being investigated by Police.

It's the East coast, never a good place to fire a gun.

chasfm11

Re: Delaware: Do we ever hear about Delaware

Post by chasfm11 »

philip964 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 12:31 am Bystander fires at shoplifters fleeing Delaware mall https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... l-delawar/

Bystander fires at fleeing shoplifters.

Being investigated by Police.

It's the East coast, never a good place to fire a gun.
If you teleported the Concord Mall to Grapevine, TX, I'm not sure that it would change the risk to the concealed license holder in this case.

Delaware is one of the only States East of PA to honor the Texas LTC and I've carried at one of the beach communities in that State. My job was based out of Wilmington years ago and I will say that the area, along with the Eastern Shore of Maryland is a lot more gun friendly than you might think in spite of the more restrictive laws. We shopped at the Concord Mall when we lived near there and I don't remember it being a problem. Of course, it has been a long time and things could have changed. Parts of Wilmington have always had issues.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Jusme

Re: Delaware: Do we ever hear about Delaware

Post by Jusme »

As usual, very spotty details, in the report, which I'm sure that is all they had at the time. If it was truly just a shoplifting, I don't believe the shooter was justified, however, it mentioned the car striking a security vehicle, which at a lot of malls is only a golf cart or similar type vehicle, which may have escalated the incident to a more deadly force scenario. Without more details, I can't give an opinion, about the shooting, but shooting at tires, is a Hollywood Rambo move, that very seldom results in accomplishing the goal, not to mention, the danger to bystanders, if the shots miss their target.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Return to “The Crime Blotter”