5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 41

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

Post by Beiruty »

bblhd672 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:24 pm Why does Art Acevedo still have his job?
Because his hands are in stained with blood. The City Of Houston would face 10s of millions of dollars law suits. First by the survivors of the those who were killed and those who were jailed and get their cases dismissed or re-trialed.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

WildBill
Posts in topic: 81

Post by WildBill »

philip964 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:02 pm https://www.click2houston.com/news/27-m ... d-hpd-raid

27 more cases could be dismissed.
Harris County prosecutors are asking for all pending criminal cases involving the officers in the botched raid on Harding Street be dismissed, according to a news release Friday.

The 27 pending criminal cases should be dismissed because of a lack of credibility for the officers involved, the Harris County District Attorney's Office said.
I don't understand the statement "Prosecutors are asking." The DA has the legal authority to dismiss these cases. If the Harris County DA agrees, dismiss them and continue the investigation into the other 1200+ cases.
I don't like that people were arrested and are in jail for bogus charges. :rules:
NRA Endowment Member

dlh
Posts in topic: 24

Post by dlh »

Didn’t Art say we should know something or that his investigation will be
finished by the end of the month? He running out of time...
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

ELB
Posts in topic: 5

Post by ELB »

WildBill wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:19 pm I don't understand the statement "Prosecutors are asking."
I believe that once the case is formally entered into the court process, it comes under the judge’s authority and the DA can’t just “never mind” it. He has to ask the judge’s permission and provide an explanation.
USAF 1982-2005

Jusme
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Jusme »

WildBill wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:58 pm
ELB wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:10 am
That sounds like it was machine translated from another language. :shock:
:iagree: I thought the same.
Either that or they just published the reporters notes verbatim. :confused5
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

ELB wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:24 pm
WildBill wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:19 pm I don't understand the statement "Prosecutors are asking."
I believe that once the case is formally entered into the court process, it comes under the judge’s authority and the DA can’t just “never mind” it. He has to ask the judge’s permission and provide an explanation.
You may be correct. I am not sure exactly how that process works.
NRA Endowment Member

Liberty
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Liberty »

WildBill wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:26 pm
A judge doesn't have much choice but to sign off on a case if the prosecution doesn't wish to pursue the case. A judge signing off of it is just a formality.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Liberty wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:53 am
WildBill wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:26 pm
A judge doesn't have much choice but to sign off on a case if the prosecution doesn't wish to pursue the case. A judge signing off of it is just a formality.
That's what I thought. If the DA doesn't want to prosecute, it wouldn't make sense for a judge to force the issue.
NRA Endowment Member

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- Defendants in cases tied to embattled former officer Gerald Goines are relieved after the Harris County District Attorney's Office moves to dismiss dozens of them.

"Actually relieved and blessed it is finally over," said Demetrius Proctor. ABC13 was the first to tell him the news that the drug possession case against him was being dismissed. "I shouldn't be going through this anyway."

In March, Proctor told ABC13 Eyewitness News that now-retired Houston police officer Goines' narcotics team got it wrong. With a no-knock warrant claiming he was selling drugs, they broke down Proctor's door. Officers say they found a few pills.

Friday, the district attorney's office announced 27 dismissals adding to the half dozen previous ones due to "concerns about the credibility" of Goines and his partner, Steven Bryant.

"We can't vouch for these officers' credibility," said District Attorney Kim Ogg when announcing the dismissals.

Houston Police Department, the distinct attorney's office and the FBI are still investigating the raid. Two-thousand two hundred cases are under review. The ones that have been dismissed were active ones.

https://abc13.com/27-drug-cases-involvi ... d/5272625/
NRA Endowment Member

philip964
Posts in topic: 125

Post by philip964 »

Autopsies were released of the husband and wife.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/auto ... treet-raid

They were completely in January.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Channel 2 has a big investigative report tonight.

Sweeps week?

Nothing burger?

We will know tonight!

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

philip964 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 1:27 pm

Sweeps week?

Nothing burger?

We will know tonight!
I just watched the news - not much new was reported. Several of the HPD Commanders will be shuffled around in their jobs.
The Tuttle family lawyer says that there is a lot of ballistic and DNA evidence in the house that was never collected or tested.
They are also saying that the HPD investigation will take longer than previously reported and the DA won't take the case to the grand jury until mid-summer.
NRA Endowment Member

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 6

Post by WTR »

WildBill wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:31 pm

Sweeps week?

Nothing burger?

We will know tonight!
I just watched the news - not much new was reported. Several of the HPD Commanders will be shuffled around in their jobs.
They are also saying that the DA won't take the case to the grand jury until mid-summer.
Innocents were executed. Jobs need to be lost not shuffled and some need to see prison time.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/inve ... t-shootout

Channel 2 story.

DA will be bring charges in the Summer.

House still has bullets lodged in walls. Sloppy forensics they say.

Narcotics commander sent to airport but apparently still a commander.

DocV
Posts in topic: 5

Post by DocV »

Jason Todd wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 1:45 pm
WTR wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:35 pm
WildBill wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:31 pm

Sweeps week?

Nothing burger?

We will know tonight!
They are also saying that the DA won't take the case to the grand jury until mid-summer.
Innocents were executed. Jobs need to be lost not shuffled and some need to see prison time.
The time for courts and prison has passed. It's now time for biblical justice to come to Houston, starting at the top.

An infestation of frogs? Doesn't Houston already have those? Ditto Gnats. Houstonians would just shake those off. Lawyers are more annoying. :biggrinjester:

Return to “The Crime Blotter”