TAM In The Hospital

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 4

Re: TAM In The Hospital

Post by Pawpaw »

Hang in there Tam. I'm very happy for what sounds like promising news, but I'll still be sending up prayers for you and your wife.

Get well soon, Brother!
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 1
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

Hey, TAM!

I'm glad that the sawbones at your hospital seem to have made a definitive diagnosis, followed by the right actions.

Sleep and other resting has great restorative powers. I trust you are getting all you need.

Did the doctors speculate that your problems were caused by shooting too many hot .357 loads out of your lightweight snubbies? Just kidding. :-)

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

mayor

Post by mayor »

I just read though this thread. It was a real surprise to see the title. I don't personally know TAM, but through this forum, I have learned to respect the man. Prayers went up as soon as I saw the title and I was thrilled at how fast they worked. By the time I reached the last post, TAM was on his way to recovery. Glad the docs were able to work God's miracles. I look forward to reading more of your insightful posts!

PBR
Posts in topic: 2

Post by PBR »

Hopefully all goes well. Many many years back I had sort of same issue. Was passing massive blood through bowls, happened about 4 times then decided to go to hospital and while driving there got dizzy and unable to see. Luckily was close to friends house stopped there and called ambulance (before cell phones). Bleeding ulcers was what they said, since then have had couple issues come up again but nothing like that one time. Might be little blood passed one time now days.
Houston, Tx.
DPS Received - Jan. 26th
Received Pin# - Feb. 25th
IN HAND!!!!!! June 9th

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

I'm late to the party. Please heal up and do what they tell ya!!

Almost lost my dad a little over 10 years ago because of a perforated ulcer/ uncontrolled bleeding. For years, he took Excedrin by the handful (rebound or overuse headaches I think it's called) and it caught up to him. Fortunately, surgery was successful, but it was touch and go because of the massive blood loss.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 9:47 am WHEW!

Found and clipped an ulcer. Discovered an unknown hiatal hernia. Have not slept for more than an hour or two straight since waking up Thursday morning, and I’m exhausted. Gonna try to sleep now.
I spent 14 nights in the hospital last summer with Bacterial Meningitis. It's kinda' hard to get any sleep with people coming in to poke and prod you every couple hours. I also hate the low height commodes in the patient rooms.

Best wishes for a speedy recocery, TAM. I made it through, so will you.

Jago668

Post by Jago668 »

Oldgringo wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 9:13 pm
The Annoyed Man wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 9:47 am WHEW!

Found and clipped an ulcer. Discovered an unknown hiatal hernia. Have not slept for more than an hour or two straight since waking up Thursday morning, and I’m exhausted. Gonna try to sleep now.
I spent 14 nights in the hospital last summer with Bacterial Meningitis. It's kinda' hard to get any sleep with people coming in to poke and prod you every couple hours. I also hate the low height commodes in the patient rooms.

Best wishes for a speedy recocery, TAM. I made it through, so will you.
Ain't that the truth. I had a surgery that had a complication and I dropped two pints of blood on the operating room floor. So they came by every 4 hours to take blood to make sure I was making more fast enough. I was "How am I going to replace it if you take it out as fast as I can make it?"

TAM I wish you well. Hope you get out, and home so you can get some rest and recuperation going.
NRA Benefactor Member

Daddio-on-patio

Post by Daddio-on-patio »

:thumbs2:
mayor wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 4:43 pm I just read though this thread. It was a real surprise to see the title. I don't personally know TAM, but through this forum, I have learned to respect the man. Prayers went up as soon as I saw the title and I was thrilled at how fast they worked. By the time I reached the last post, TAM was on his way to recovery. Glad the docs were able to work God's miracles. I look forward to reading more of your insightful posts!
:thumbs2: :thumbs2: Well said. TAM is, for sure, a member whose juxtapositions I enjoy. They may be way above me, aligned with my adherence, or out of my preferred position. Regardless, his heart is always forefront. TAM, God's blessings to you, your family and your care team.
Last edited by Daddio-on-patio on Mon May 13, 2019 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ephesians 6:12 NKJV

12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[a] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

Prayers sent :tiphat:
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Sorry I'm late adding my prayers. I've been out of tough at NRA HQ. I'm glad you have a diagnosis and a fix. Get well soon!

Chas.

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 3

Post by RPBrown »

So glad the outcome was positive. Shows that prayers work. Just be sure to do what they tell you so you can get back to the range.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Iunnrais

Post by Iunnrais »

Prayers sent for a quick recovery and sleep.

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

I'm sorry to read about your medical issues. Praying for your speedy recovery.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 8

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Well, it looks like I’ll probably be going home tomorrow. I really ducked a bullet. My surgeon told me today that I had lost 4 units of blood by the time he did the procedure. I’m glad to be on the mend, and grateful for the opportunity to live with intention going forward.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

puma guy
Posts in topic: 3

Post by puma guy »

Glad you are on the mend.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”