TX: Couple charged with littering with a gun as DA would not accept minor in possession

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1

TX: Couple charged with littering with a gun as DA would not accept minor in possession

Post by philip964 »

https://defensemaven.io/bluelivesmatter ... rQ0v-58nQ/

Gun tossed out car window at traffic stop.

Poor Houston police.

Can’t get DA to accept gun charge, so settle with littering.

O.F.Fascist
Posts in topic: 2

Re: TX: Couple charged with littering with a gun as DA would not accept minor in possession

Post by O.F.Fascist »

Well all gun laws are infringements so this seems reasonable. I wish the DA would be consistent and throw out any gun charges but somehow I'm skeptical.

AJSully421

Re: TX: Couple charged with littering with a gun as DA would not accept minor in possession

Post by AJSully421 »

Liberalism... don’t it just kill ya!

Kinda like the liberal DA of Dallas County making public statements about minor crimes no longer being prosecuted. It is like Broken Windows Theory doesn’t exist, and has not been proven time and time again.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

No wonder Houston has so many problems. I have never heard, of having to contact the DA office before making an arrest. It completely ties the hands of the police. It also, strips them of their stated powers, and duties as Texas LEO. If the DA doesn't want to file charges, fine, but let that process take place after an arrest.
:banghead: :banghead:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

:shock: And I thought DPD had it bad.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

Meanwhile, DA Ogg files criminal charges against companies that experienced catastrophes caused by mother nature. DA Ogg filed criminal charges against Arkema because their facility was not prepared for a 60 inch rain event caused by Hurricane Harvey.

https://www.naturalgasintel.com/article ... -aftermath

Meanwhile, the Chemical Safety Board acknowledged there is limited standards for response plans to Harvey-type flooding. From the CSB report.
Industry safety guidance for companies on how to address flood hazards was available from several
different sources, including the Center for Chemical Process Safety (CCPS) and FEMA. This
guidance, however, is either too generic or does not require sufficiently conservative precautions to
have helped Arkema prevent this incident
Our DA needs to be more of a professional prosecutor and less of a politician.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

O.F.Fascist

Post by O.F.Fascist »

Looks like another news article on this came out.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/...e ... affic-stop

DA's office changed their mind and are now charging the driver with a Class A misdemeanor for having the gun in "plain view."

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Sounds like the DA office has a spinning dartboard. When a call comes in from the police they spin it, throw a dart, and whatever it lands on is what they go with. How can they determine, whether to accept charges, with minimal information, provided, by a LEO on the street? I guess, it all depends on where the dart lands, as to whether you will go to jail or not.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Return to “The Crime Blotter”