Collapsible Baton-Legal to Carry in Texas

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Mel
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Collapsible Baton-Legal to Carry in Texas

Post by Mel »

Caliber wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:20 am In the link noted above, look at page 2, line 13. "Tire inflation device" - A tire inflation device?
I read "A tire deflation device."
Mel
Airworthiness Inspector specializing in Experimental and Light-Sport Aircraft since the last Century.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Jusme »

Mel wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:11 am
Caliber wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:20 am In the link noted above, look at page 2, line 13. "Tire inflation device" - A tire inflation device?
Truck drivers, correct me if I'm wrong, but, I know a lot of drivers, carried, what I heard referred to as a "thumper" which they would use to "thump" their tires to see if they were low on air. It was a short wooden stick, similar to a baton, that they carried in their cab. It would also make a great "attitude adjuster" if need be.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 1

Post by anygunanywhere »

Jusme wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:20 pm
Truck drivers, correct me if I'm wrong, but, I know a lot of drivers, carried, what I heard referred to as a "thumper" which they would use to "thump" their tires to see if they were low on air. It was a short wooden stick, similar to a baton, that they carried in their cab. It would also make a great "attitude adjuster" if need be.
I have one in my super duty. it is labeled tire checker. That is what I use it for. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

ELB
Posts in topic: 4

Post by ELB »

Jusme wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:20 pm
I’m a neighborhood uhaul dealer, and uhaul provides me with a tire thumper to check tire pressure on trucks being returned. They have a training video for it as well. It’s a nifty club, about 15” long i think, with a 2 inch wide band or thick metal wrapped around the business end. It really makes tires ring.
USAF 1982-2005

Caliber

Post by Caliber »

But, a thumper doesn't deflate tires, does it?

Jusme
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Jusme »

Caliber wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:13 pm But, a thumper doesn't deflate tires, does it?
No but it checks for deflation
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Mel

Post by Mel »

Caliber wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:13 pm But, a thumper doesn't deflate tires, does it?
I guess it would if used violently enough. But I don't think that's the kind of "deflation device" they're talking about.
Mel
Airworthiness Inspector specializing in Experimental and Light-Sport Aircraft since the last Century.

DocV

Post by DocV »

How about this one?
Asking for a friend....

rotor

Post by rotor »

Old thread but since Baton will be legal to carry tomorrow any interest?

b4aftr

Post by b4aftr »

Yeah, I picked up a monadnock used to try it out. Better than having nothing in certain scenarios.

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Living where I do, I need those folks north of the Red River to get on board with this!

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

b4aftr wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:48 pm Yeah, I picked up a monadnock used to try it out. Better than having nothing in certain scenarios.
Sometimes even better than a gun.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 4

Post by ScottDLS »

Tire deflation device = spike strips or sharp pointy object with hollow inside to allow for rapid deflation. Not something you put on valve stems to bleed air. :roll:

Now let me get back to sharpening my poniard which is now legal as a "location restricted knife".
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”