Trump: Banning Suppressors?

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Trump: Banning Suppressors?

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Trump: ‘We’re Going to Seriously Look’ At Banning Suppressors
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2019/ ... ppressors/

This is nuts.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Trump: Banning Suppressors?

Post by The Annoyed Man »

They can ban them all they want. It will seriously tick me off, but it won’t stop me from having one if I want one. I know where to buy solvent traps, and I know how to make a suppressor. My son is a very highly qualified machinist. Making our own parts off the books is not a problem....if we have to.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ScottDLS »

Did anybody ever figure out whether the guy in Virginia Beach had a NFA registered suppressor, or did he get it at the machine gun bazaar and unregulated arms marketplace that is the Internet... :evil2:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Redneck_Buddha
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

One thing people have never been able to wrap their brains around on either side is that Trump really is not terribly conservative.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 7

Post by bblhd672 »

Redneck_Buddha wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:13 pm One thing people have never been able to wrap their brains around on either side is that Trump really is not terribly conservative.
Trump’s best attribute these days is “better than Hillary”.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Redneck_Buddha
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

bblhd672 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:28 pm
Redneck_Buddha wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:13 pm One thing people have never been able to wrap their brains around on either side is that Trump really is not terribly conservative.
Pretty much. Very sad.

jason812

Post by jason812 »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:52 pm They can ban them all they want. It will seriously tick me off, but it won’t stop me from having one if I want one. I know where to buy solvent traps, and I know how to make a suppressor. My son is a very highly qualified machinist. Making our own parts off the books is not a problem....if we have to.
:iagree:
They are not hard to make. Even easier if you have the right tools and know how to use them. :coolgleamA:

Bump stocks were not a sword to die on, are suppressors?
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

jason812

Post by jason812 »

bblhd672 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:28 pm
Thats not saying much, I have a "better than Hillary" at least once a day.

Of all the campaign promises Trump made that he's actually keeping, his 2nd Amendment promises are ones that he seems willing to break. That will not be good for him if he does break them even more than he has.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 16

Post by anygunanywhere »

jason812 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:39 pm
The Annoyed Man wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:52 pm They can ban them all they want. It will seriously tick me off, but it won’t stop me from having one if I want one. I know where to buy solvent traps, and I know how to make a suppressor. My son is a very highly qualified machinist. Making our own parts off the books is not a problem....if we have to.
:iagree:
They are not hard to make. Even easier if you have the right tools and know how to use them. :coolgleamA:

Bump stocks were not a sword to die on, are suppressors?
By the time most of the so-called supporters of the Second Amendment decide what infringement will become the last straw, or which sword to die on, the tyrants will be kicking in doors. Those who actually owned bump stocks oxen were gored. Mine wasn't but I supported those who did. One of the things that people forget about the Second Amendment is that those people bought legal firearms accessories that were deemed NOT machine guns by the ATF. Then the ATF called them machine guns. Yes it was a small number but they were on our side.

Even more patriots own suppressors. I don't own one. Why would an item that is so heavily regulated be banned? Suppressors are legal to purchase all over Europe.

Think about it. All the ATF has to do is declare something is illegal. Turn it in or go to prison.

All someone has to do is tell the cops you are crazy. All your firearms get confiscated.

I'm pretty frustrated about this garbage. We had majorities in both houses and the White House for two years and the "I support the Second Amendment" GOP didn't do a stinking thing but run like Broward Cowards from the communists.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

roadkill

Post by roadkill »

Unlike bumpstocks suppressors are all registered. This fact alone will make the outlaw of them and confiscation and compliance rate very interesting. Perhaps more folks will speak up and put money where needed. Those who have suppressors typically have a higher income than your regular gun owner. This event will definitely be popcorn worthy. Get ready for “4-D chess” and other excuses. In the end many will feel everything’s all right because it’s the right jack boot on their throat vs the left jack boot.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 7

Post by bblhd672 »

jason812 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:39 pm Bump stocks were not a sword to die on, are suppressors?
Probably not to certain organizations that purports to be about protecting the right to keep and bear arms.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

AndyC wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:35 pm
ScottDLS wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:02 pm Did anybody ever figure out whether the guy in Virginia Beach had a NFA registered suppressor, or did he get it at the machine gun bazaar and unregulated arms marketplace that is the Internet... :evil2:
I'm using the word "allegedly" because I'm seeing no evidence that he even had one - but yes, that's the ONE question I want answers for out of this whole shambles.
anygunanywhere wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:56 pmI'm pretty frustrated about this garbage. We had majorities in both houses and the White House for two years and the "I support the Second Amendment" GOP didn't do a stinking thing but run like Broward Cowards from the communists.
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:
Just like bump-stocks, the reports never say that the perv-shooter actually used one.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Topic author
TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

I’d really like something from the NRA on this. There needs to be a swift and loud response.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 6

Post by The Annoyed Man »

President Teddy Roosevelt owned a suppressed rifle, which he shot regularly at his home on Long Island (NY). I'd cite that example to anyone who objects to suppressors.

https://www.guns.com/news/2012/05/18/nr ... model-1894
Chiefly purposed for varminting on and around his property, Roosevelt had it modified and suppressed with a Maxim silencer, as to be kind to his neighbors. “The President’s rifle comes with the usual Roosevelt bells and whistles—the crescent buttplate, no raised check piece, as well as a little something extra; a threaded barrel. Yes, you guessed it, Roosevelt’s ’94 Winchester comes with it’s very own suppressor.”
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”