Can I find out if an individual has a LTC

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
striker55
Posts in topic: 5

Can I find out if an individual has a LTC

Post by striker55 »

Is there somewhere I can check to see if a neighbor is licensed?

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Can I find out if an individual has a LTC

Post by Flightmare »

I may be wrong, but I believe that information is limited to law enforcement for the most part. Otherwise, the antis could get it and use it in an attempt to dox all LTCs in the state.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Papa_Tiger

Post by Papa_Tiger »

With the neighbor himself. Otherwise none that I'm aware of as DPS is prohibited from supplying that information on individuals to anyone but law enforcement (if you are pulled over, when your DL is run, it will show you have an LTC.)

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

striker55 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:14 am Is there somewhere I can check to see if a neighbor is licensed?
The only way would be for you to ask him.
NRA Endowment Member

kg5ie

Post by kg5ie »

:iagree:

Without a court order.
Bill Davis [kg5ie]
TX LTC Instructor / School Safety Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor
http://safe-2-carry.com

Topic author
striker55

Post by striker55 »

Don't want to ask him, he threatened to shoot me. I saw he was arrested for having a handgun while being arrested for DWI.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I curious as to why you want to know. Is he doing something like open carrying on his property?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

montgomery

Post by montgomery »

striker55 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:14 am Is there somewhere I can check to see if a neighbor is licensed?
None of anyone's business if you have a valid LTC or not.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Is this the friendly guy who owns the dog who likes to visit neighbors?

I don't know of any way to find out if he has an LTC, but a threat is illegal, and a complaint can be filed. However, it won't disarm him. If he is making threats, and armed while off of his property, I would contact the local LEO.
You say he was arrested for DWI, that can get his LTC revoked if he had one. His arrest record can be obtained through a FOIA request, if he was charged with UCW, then it would more than likely mean he did not have an LTC.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Topic author
striker55

Post by striker55 »

Jusme wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:02 pm Is this the friendly guy who owns the dog who likes to visit neighbors?

I don't know of any way to find out if he has an LTC, but a threat is illegal, and a complaint can be filed. However, it won't disarm him. If he is making threats, and armed while off of his property, I would contact the local LEO.
You say he was arrested for DWI, that can get his LTC revoked if he had one. His arrest record can be obtained through a FOIA request, if he was charged with UCW, then it would more than likely mean he did not have an LTC.
Yes same friendly neighbor.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

striker55 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:52 am Don't want to ask him, he threatened to shoot me. I saw he was arrested for having a handgun while being arrested for DWI.
I hope you filed a police report that he threatened you with deadly force. You could also file for a protective order so if he comes onto your property you can call police.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

montgomery

Post by montgomery »

bblhd672 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:17 pm
striker55 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:52 am Don't want to ask him, he threatened to shoot me. I saw he was arrested for having a handgun while being arrested for DWI.
I hope you filed a police report that he threatened you with deadly force. You could also file for a protective order so if he comes onto your property you can call police.
Getting the reports and maybe even a PPO are useful, not as deterrents, but to make the case to a Grand Jury that you acted in self defense if and when the time comes for you to defend yourself with lethal force to protect innocent life from crippling injury or death. I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice, but I am speaking from experience.

deplorable

Post by deplorable »

Yes. Find a LEO who runs full background checks as a side job. Technically it's not allowed but it happens. It's not as common as LEO who use the authority of their office for personal gain doing other side jobs, like traffic control or bodyguarding, but it's available if you have the right connections.

Speaking hypothetically, of course.

DynamicDan

Post by DynamicDan »

I would make sure he knows that threatning you with death is a very bad decision.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”