TX: San Antonio man treats GSW with chocolate milk

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 3

TX: San Antonio man treats GSW with chocolate milk

Post by ELB »

https://www.kens5.com/article/news/loca ... /434569886

Possibly a self-defense shooting.

In any case the shooter fired a shotgun at a white Charger containing the couple below, and:
Alvear was hit in the chest and right hand while Talamantez was hit in her right thigh. Alvear drove to the Shell station where he entered the store, bought and drank chocolate milk before returning to the Charger.

Police said Alvear fell to the ground, but as people called for help he got up and drove himself from Vance Jackson to Methodist Texsan Hospital. He entered the hospital leaving Talamantez in the Charger. Hospital staff brought her inside of the hospital and stabilized her. Both suspects were later transported to University Hospital by EMS, according to police.
The Charger turned out to be stolen and both the wounded individuals had felony warrants out for them.
USAF 1982-2005

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 1
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Re: TX: San Antonio man treats GSW with chocolate milk

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

Not sure if many of you on the board are aware of this, but in the black community it is a "thing" that if someone is overdosing on drugs, the preferred solution is to drink milk.

This makes no sense to me, but I've seen various videos where bystanders, observing an overdosing person, will say "Get him some milk."

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Topic author
ELB

Post by ELB »

It was a widespread belief in the past that milk could be an antidote or treatment for poisoning by coating the stomach but that has been debunked for some years now.

It wouldn’t surprise me if it still hangs on as a belief, but… seems a stretch to believe it would cover this kind of lead poisoning. :)

Maybe he figured that once he got out of the hospital he would be going back to the slammer so he better get his favorite beverage in now.
USAF 1982-2005

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:27 pm Not sure if many of you on the board are aware of this, but in the black community it is a "thing" that if someone is overdosing on drugs, the preferred solution is to drink milk.

This makes no sense to me, but I've seen various videos where bystanders, observing an overdosing person, will say "Get him some milk."

SIA
I thought that was a joke the first time I heard it u til I saw the videos.

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

It does a body good.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

Hey, it works! Several years ago (maybe decades) I almost overdosed on some hot Shipley Donuts, if it were not for the chocolate milk, I may not have made it. :biggrinjester:
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

joe817

Post by joe817 »

twomillenium wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:36 am Hey, it works! Several years ago (maybe decades) I almost overdosed on some hot Shipley Donuts, if it were not for the chocolate milk, I may not have made it. :biggrinjester:
:lol: :smilelol5: "rlol" I think I have suffered from the same malady!
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

jason812

Post by jason812 »

It has the opposite affect on me. I must drink milk or chocolate milk before I go to bed. Unless I'm ODing on cocaine, don't give me milk.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Topic author
ELB

Post by ELB »

joe817 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:41 am
twomillenium wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:36 am Hey, it works! Several years ago (maybe decades) I almost overdosed on some hot Shipley Donuts, if it were not for the chocolate milk, I may not have made it. :biggrinjester:
:lol: :smilelol5: "rlol" I think I have suffered from the same malady!
LOL. I like chocolate milk with my breakfast tacos, keeps the fire under control. But I have chest seals for GSW to the chest... ;-)
USAF 1982-2005

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I usually just spray some Windex or rub some dirt on it, and that fixes it. Chocolate milk is bad for my boyish figure.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:10 am I usually just spray some Windex or rub some dirt on it, and that fixes it. Chocolate milk is bad for my boyish figure.
Spread some gunpowder over it. If it bleeds. Touch it off with a cigar.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:27 pm Not sure if many of you on the board are aware of this, but in the black community it is a "thing" that if someone is overdosing on drugs, the preferred solution is to drink milk.

SIA
Say (final) 'Good night' with milk and kookies? :biggrinjester:
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Return to “The Crime Blotter”