Raging Against Self Defense: A psychiatrist Examines The Anti-Gun Mentality

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 3

Post by bblhd672 »

http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/ragingagain ... fense.htm#
"You don’t need to have a gun; the police will protect you."

"If people carry guns, there will be murders over parking spaces and neighborhood basketball games."

"I’m a pacifist. Enlightened, spiritually aware people shouldn’t own guns."

"I’d rather be raped than have some redneck militia type try to rescue me."

How often have you heard these statements from misguided advocates of victim disarmament, or even woefully uninformed relatives and neighbors? Why do people cling so tightly to these beliefs, in the face of incontrovertible evidence that they are wrong? Why do they get so furiously angry when gun owners point out that their arguments are factually and logically incorrect? How can you communicate with these people who seem to be out of touch with reality and rational thought? One approach to help you deal with anti-gun people is to understand their psychological processes. Once you understand why these people behave so irrationally, you can communicate more effectively with them.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

narcissist
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Raging Against Self Defense: A psychiatrist Examines The Anti-Gun Mentality

Post by narcissist »

Psychiatrists really don't know much about reality, let them walk through the cut in Houston tx one time. He or she would have wished they had a militia walking with him with fully auto weapons. I believe these Dr's don't have no street smarts and or have always had it good "money wise" either with daddy's money ect. So they sit back and judge the good honest gun owners. Watch going to a Dr. They can put one bad thing on your record even if it's not true and you will never have a L.t.c again, sometimes I think they put this new online medical system in works just so they can have another way of slowly taking away your rights away. The big thing now is the 72 hour holds on people who have no mental illness at all, it's the Psychiatrists that commit suicide more and use their own drugs they prescribe. Look it up if you dont believe me but once any licensed physician says you have any "mental illness" your in trouble. The less Dr. Visits the better, I only go if I'm dieing literally, the only time I went was flown by helicopter to the hospital.
One of my biggest mistakes in life...Is Believing people will show me the same love I've shown them. :reddevil

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Those are the same old tired arguments anti gun advocates have used for at least 30 years and possibly longer. I believe the real objective of the anti gun crowd, which is impossible to achieve, is to eliminate all guns from existence with the exception of the police and military. The main reason for the 2nd amendment is for people to have the ability to resist a tyrannical government.

rotor
Posts in topic: 1

Post by rotor »

narcissist wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:55 pm Psychiatrists really don't know much about reality, let them walk through the cut in Houston tx one time. He or she would have wished they had a militia walking with him with fully auto weapons. I believe these Dr's don't have no street smarts and or have always had it good "money wise" either with daddy's money ect. So they sit back and judge the good honest gun owners. Watch going to a Dr. They can put one bad thing on your record even if it's not true and you will never have a L.t.c again, sometimes I think they put this new online medical system in works just so they can have another way of slowly taking away your rights away. The big thing now is the 72 hour holds on people who have no mental illness at all, it's the Psychiatrists that commit suicide more and use their own drugs they prescribe. Look it up if you dont believe me but once any licensed physician says you have any "mental illness" your in trouble. The less Dr. Visits the better, I only go if I'm dieing literally, the only time I went was flown by helicopter to the hospital.
I believe that if you read the article the doctor was very pro 2A. So, we can’t paint all psychiatrists with the same brush.

03Lightningrocks

I just finished reading the article. There is some great advice in it. Thanks for posting that.

TexasFlash

Post by TexasFlash »

good article; thanks for posting.
Dave :txflag:

narcissist
Posts in topic: 2

Post by narcissist »

My bad I didn't read the article, going to now.
One of my biggest mistakes in life...Is Believing people will show me the same love I've shown them. :reddevil

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

AndyC wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:07 pm It's a classic.

Another is "The Anti-Gun Male" by Julia Gorin; less clinical, much more withering: http://www.jewishworldreview.com/julia/gorin030802.asp
Both articles are definitely worth the read - thanks!
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Topic author
bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

And it only took two years for anyone to reply to the original post! :biggrinjester:
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

03Lightningrocks

bblhd672 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:51 am And it only took two years for anyone to reply to the original post! :biggrinjester:
Now that is funny! I did not look at the date. I am surprised the link is still good.

I forget that the new folks sometimes look through older posts and respond to them.

Topic author
bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

AndyC wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:07 pm It's a classic.

Another is "The Anti-Gun Male" by Julia Gorin; less clinical, much more withering: http://www.jewishworldreview.com/julia/gorin030802.asp
Great article.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

bblhd672 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:51 am And it only took two years for anyone to reply to the original post! :biggrinjester:
I must have been out sick when this was posted. Thanks to the new member for his necromancy,. :tiphat:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”