TX: Let the homeless pick thru dumpsters

This is the forum for self-defense stories and reports, whether yours or those of others.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 3

TX: Let the homeless pick thru dumpsters

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/secu ... police-say

Houston Security Guard finds man making a mess picking through a dumpster at 9pm.

Tells him to stop and leave property. Things deteriorate from there.

Cooperated to a point with police and now charged with murder.

I don’t have a dumpster.

Hummmm. The police who killed the couple in Houston during a botched drug raid have never been charged with anything. I guess Security Guards don’t rank.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Re: TX: Let the homeless pick thru dumpsters

Post by bblhd672 »

philip964 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:31 am I guess Security Guards don’t rank.
Texas licensed security guards have very specific rules/laws to follow. They are not peace officers.
Making false or misleading statements is not helpful to your defense.
Hopefully surveillance video will back his story and charges will be dismissed. Regardless, one man is dead and another's life has been changed forever.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

bblhd672 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:12 am
Texas licensed security guards have very specific rules/laws to follow. They are not peace officers.
Hopefully surveillance video will back his story and charges will be dismissed. Regardless, one man is dead and another's life has been changed forever.
There was a companion post. That event occurred the same night. A Houston homeowner shot a man who was sleeping in his yard. His is not being charged.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bblhd672 »

philip964 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:16 pm
There was a companion post. That event occurred the same night. A Houston homeowner shot a man who was sleeping in his yard. His is not being charged.
Your comments indicated the security guard was being treated differently than HPD, not the homeowner in the other story.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

bblhd672 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:47 pm
philip964 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:16 pm
Your comments indicated the security guard was being treated differently than HPD, not the homeowner in the other story.
The pecking order seems to be Police, homeowner, Security Guard.

Both articles seem to have similar facts, but security guard arrested for murder.

However since this article, apparently there is security footage showing the homeless person not attacking the security guard.

narcissist
Posts in topic: 1

Post by narcissist »

From what I read the victim wasn't armed and even if he did charge him or even a regular police officer they have no right to use deadly force. Imagine having to look for food ect. Out of a dumpster "life apparently is pretty bad already" then you get shot/killed. Can't wait to see what how many years he gets. :anamatedbanana
One of my biggest mistakes in life...Is Believing people will show me the same love I've shown them. :reddevil

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

I was always appalled at the amount of food thrown away at the end of the business day at several restaurants which I either remodeled or built from ground up. Mc Donals was very bad about throwing away perfectly good burgers and salads. When I asked one franchisee about donating the food to a homeless shelter, I was told Mc Donald’s did not do that.

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

WTR wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:02 pm I was always appalled at the amount of food thrown away at the end of the business day at several restaurants which I either remodeled or built from ground up. Mc Donals was very bad about throwing away perfectly good burgers and salads. When I asked one franchisee about donating the food to a homeless shelter, I was told Mc Donald’s did not do that.
The way things are these days, they would probably get sue for donating fattening food.

G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

narcissist wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:53 pm From what I read the victim wasn't armed and even if he did charge him or even a regular police officer they have no right to use deadly force. Imagine having to look for food ect. Out of a dumpster "life apparently is pretty bad already" then you get shot/killed. Can't wait to see what how many years he gets. :anamatedbanana
Armed or not doesn't matter, what does matter is would a reasonable person fear serious bodily injury or death in that situation. Until all the facts are presented we can't really know if that is the case. Additionally no one has a "right" to use deadly force, however someone meeting specific criteria can be justified in using it.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

Return to “Self-Defense Reports”