Houston area shops

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Nickgibson72
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Houston area shops

Post by Nickgibson72 »

Thanks everyone for the huge amounts of info and input. It is greatly appreciated. I will definitely be checking all these places out. I have ordered off of Buds in the past and had a good experience. I also do have my newly renewed Mass LTC at the moment, which from what I have been told, is acknowledge here in Texas. Once this one expires I will be applying for the Texas permit as well. Again, thanks everyone for the responses.

Liberty
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Liberty »

I escaped the Peoples's Commonweatth more than 30 Years ago, What can I say? Texas has been very good to me. I would like to suggest that you don't wait too long to get your LTC as soon as reasonable and not let your Mass. LTC expire. Mass is one of the few states that doesn't recognize Texas LTC. Having the Mass license might be handy if you need to go back and visit. Although Your Texas LTC is acknowleded in about 35 states. The main reason though to get a Texas LTC soon is to get a good overview of what Texas rules and regulations are. Some of the laws such as signage and restricted carry places can be confusing.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

easy10

Post by easy10 »

Check your local gun range. If you sign up for a membership, most include discounts on purchases or transfers. They may throw in a box or two of ammo.

KLB

Post by KLB »

Grumpy1993 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:58 am I suggest Carter's Country if you ever get homesick for the restrictive laws in your home state. :biggrinjester:
Point of curiosity. I'm not from Houston, and the only two Houston-area gun shops I know about are Carter's Country and Fountain Firearms (near my sister's house). I've bought ammo at both but never bought a gun from either. What's wrong with Carter's Country?

KLB

Post by KLB »

By the way, though I haven't done a lot of business there, the people at Fountain Firearms ( Route 6 and Bissonet) seem nice, and I enjoy going in to look around.

Any place I regularly go, I usually have some idea about the locations of both gun and cigar shops. :lol:

easy10

Post by easy10 »

KLB wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:37 pm
Grumpy1993 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:58 am I suggest Carter's Country if you ever get homesick for the restrictive laws in your home state. :biggrinjester:
Point of curiosity. I'm not from Houston, and the only two Houston-area gun shops I know about are Carter's Country and Fountain Firearms (near my sister's house). I've bought ammo at both but never bought a gun from either. What's wrong with Carter's Country?
The rules are for safety and that is a good thing. Just read the signs, in the parking lot, before you go in. If I list them, I'll miss something. It's the per gun fee that is my sore spot. As a side note, out there one day to shoot some clays, at the far end. Several of us standing there, with shotguns, and 3 doe jumped out from the trees and just looked at us.

SpringerFan
Posts in topic: 1

Post by SpringerFan »

If you're in the Houston area and buying your guns from anyone other than AGR Outdoors, you're probably paying too much. Best prices I have found.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."
Col. Jeff Cooper

Grumpy1993

Post by Grumpy1993 »

KLB wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:37 pm What's wrong with Carter's Country?
On more than one occasion, “Ol’ Bill” supported gun control legislation. So if our new friend feels homesick for Massachusetts gun laws...
Bonnen Lied
Gun Rights Died

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

Check out Shoot Point Blank in Cypress. 10310 Wortham Center, Houston 77065, Great indoor range and great staff. Prices are pretty close to street pricing, so very good.
:fire
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

Danielsuzuki

Post by Danielsuzuki »

I’d second fountain firearms, been going in there for years. I can often be found at Top Gun on Beverly Hill - touching off 10mm rounds. That’s an inexpensive, friendly place to shoot and/or buy, with inexpensive transfer fees as well. If you’re ever in Bellaire, the liberty armory is an excellent spot as well!

Raheem30021

Post by Raheem30021 »

Paynes brothers In Katy great service nice selection and reasonable prices they Will order gun or ammo you need.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Welcome to the forum and to the great state of Texas. A lot of good suggestions here. You may want to peruse pawn shops as well. Sometimes you'll stumble across a good deal. If you are on the SE side of Houston there's a group of us that meet on the first Friday of each month at Kelley's Country Cookin' in Pearland, 2933 East Broadway Street (F.M.518, Pearland, TX 77581). August's meeting is next week on the 2nd. The west side of town has a group that meets as well, but I'm not certain what day.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

KLB wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:37 pm
Carter's has an in house rule prohibiting the sale of AR and AK rifles to any under the age of 21. It may apply to tactical style shotguns, too, but I can't remember for certain. Why Bill Carter the owner has implemented the rule I haven't a clue, but I personally don't hold it against them. Kind of like Wal Mart no longer selling handguns wouldn't prevent me from going there. I try to give the local guys some of my money and Carter's has Federal Premium Ammo in just about any caliber and bullet weight and type for hunters at competitive prices.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”